SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Anyone recommend a book on Bible archaeology?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Anyone recommend a book on Bible archaeology?

Hi everyone.

Begin to realise I could do with an up-to-date book on this subject. There have been so many new discoveries, and knowing little about archaeology as a science I can't keep up with them as I can with Biology.

Something easy to read please, and available in the UK if possible!

Thanks

Jeannette

2007/12/29 14:46

Re: Anyone recommend a book on Bible archaeology?

Anyone?

2007/12/30 6:32

Re: Anyone recommend a book on Bible archaeology?

Hi Jeannette,

I haven't read anything in this field, and I think if you're patient, Mike Compton may have an idea where to look, because of his past involvement with an answersingenesis project.

In the meantime, you might like to look for Raymond Capt, a Californian now in his nineties who has written a number of books for Hoffman the publisher. I have no idea how scholarly they are, or whether they are mainly speculative.

Perhaps there are book reviews on Amazon, if you search there?

Also, you may find some universities have posted their booklists online, if you can find biblical archaeology listed in their courses.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

2007/12/30 8:26
strawrifle

uk

Re:

Hi Jeannette,what about the Archaeological Study Bible its pretty new..Not sure how in depth it is..andy

http://www.amazon.com/Archaeological-Study-Bible-Illustrated-Biblical/dp/031092605X/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1199052821&sr=8-1

2007/12/30 17:16Profile

Re:

Thanks for the suggestions. I will ask MC as well. I was thinking of a book on archaeology only, rather than a study Bible, but its worth investigating. The Amazon site has several suggestions but no idea which is best, especially as they are a secular company.

I can get individual articles off the AiG site, but really want a reference book if possible, highlighting recent discoveries, (not too expensive!) Maybe AiG do an archaeology book - never thought to look...

Blessings

Jeannette

2008/1/1 5:50

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy