SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : frustration and emptyness

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Crusader, heed brother PaulWest's timely advice he has spoken truth into your relationship.

Quote:
Proverbs 27:17 Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

2007/12/28 14:58
psalm1

Re:

iansmith, I agree pilgrims progress is excellent reading.
It answers a lot of questions and somehow adds a bedrock to the believer.
it is required reading in some bible colleges.

David

2007/12/28 16:54Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

PaulWest wrote:
Quote:
my wife does not wont to move in the spirit, and it's killing me that she is not. i needed to get things out of my heart even if my thinking is way off.

Brother, did you ever consider that God may be using your wife to break you? I have learnt that God uses friction and deadness through the people closest to us to refine our own character - and after we've allowed God's finger the liberty it requires, He will then take care of the other person without you having to move a muscle. God can change your "weak" wife overnight; you, on the other hand, can take years to change, due to your greater spiritual strength and knowledge.

This is why, in His wisdom, he will pair us up with what often seems to be a spiritually-incompatible mate. Note, I am not alluding to unbelievers marrying believers; I am speaking of professing Christians, but at different levels in God's school. God will use your "weaker" wife to sand some rough edges off you, and He will use her as a spiritual lathe to shave the fat off the meat of your sacrifices.

Remember that your wife is the weaker vessel - for a reason. Give honor to her, according to such knowledge, and treat her extra special and do thank God He uses the weak things to refine the strong and wise.

Brother Paul

Brother, thank you for sharing your heart, i believe there is enormous amount of truth in this what you are saying. It blessed me very much and touched me in a special way. It is my experience that God uses our family much in the "school of God" , even as for me it has been some very painful realizations of my own sinfulness and wretchedness and prides, i have to thank God he is showing me them and working with me. God works in effective ways...he know the best treatment for bringing us to the places we ought to be.

2007/12/28 17:22Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: frustration and emptyness

Take our brother Paul's words to heart brother .. I can speak from experience but am hesitant to say much towards it all just here.

A couple of things that have been very helpful. One, was this perspective contained within an article from William Carey;

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=17336&forum=34&post_id=&refresh=Go]What Difference Can One Person Make?(William Carey)[/url]

Another, was a couple of messages from Keith Daniel;

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=144&min=60&orderby=titleA&show=20]Keith Daniel[/url]

Apologize that I cannot recall just which exactly, but the messages on marriages listed here were very helpful, just noticed one that I have not listened to in that mix; "Husbands Love Your Wifes!"

It is difficult to be in this place, my prayers brother.

2007/12/28 19:53Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re:

I HAVE ONLY JUST READ THE RESPONSES TO MY POST, AND TO BE HONEST MOST OF THEM GAVE ME SOME AWNSERS.

1. I HAVE READ PILGRIMS PROGRESS
2. I DO BELIEVE THAT IT IS MY OWN WALK THAT IS LEAVING ME INSIDE THE WILDERNESS INSTEAD OF WALKING TOWARDS THE MILK AND HONEY
3. GOD IS USING MY WIFE TO CHANGE ME
4. AND NO I SHOULDNT PONDER ON OTHER WOMEN THAT HAVE CHRIST IN THEIR EYE'S AS IT MAY LEAD ME TO TROUBLE.
5. I WILL READ HOSEA IT'S PROBABLY THE ONLY BOOK I HAVEN'T READ IN THE BIBLE (I DON'T KNOW WHY)
6. I DID LISTEN TO KEITH DANIELS AUDIO'S BUT THE LIGHT BULB DIDN'T TURN ON.

MY MOST FRUSTRATING PART IS THAT I HAVE SOME STRONG CHRISTIAN GIFTS AND I DONT USE THEM, BECAUSE OF THE ISSUES AT HOME. I WOULD LOVE TO GO TO CHURCH WERE I AM BUT I GET SO ANGRY AT HOW MOST CHURCHES HERE ARE PREACHING IT'S MILK FILLED WITH SCORPIONS. I HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO SPEAK FACE TO FACE WITH A TRUE SPIRIT FILLED CHRISTIAN FOR OVER A YEAR NOW. THIS SITE IS THE ONLY SPIRIT MEAT THAT I AM GETTING AT THE MOMENT.

I DO FEEL THAT THEIR IS AN AWNSER IN THESE RESPONSES BECAUSE MY SPIRIT TESTIFIES TO IT, SO I WILL CHEW THE CUD AS TO SAY.

2007/12/28 20:30Profile
nowhr2hide

Australia

Crusader,
Thanks for the post this is actually encouraging, so many of this guys shared a good wisdom to uphold your faith and to other that read it. I'm in vice versa situation with you. The wisdom i read here is compounded more what the Lord teaching me, especially about my husband... which backslide so many times whom he used to be so firey in God, now he is blinded by his self justification in his wrong doing, living in sin full way. No desire to provide for his family, so now i have to do his part as a provider and spiritual head, to make sure my children will grow strong in God. I used to look at him as the head of our family, in Honour of Christ. Some times it's so hard to remain silent, when you feel being rob so much spiritually and in every thing. Matthew 12 is what it feels to me ...
Now is different i look up to Jesus a the Head of my family, my comfort, my provider, for my realtionship to works i have work on my relationship with Christ. I felt my burden is much easier and lighter to face in each day, but some times that get tested just get my focus back to the sparrow that watches over me.

Quote:
i see christian women with christ in their eye's and my heart drops for i would give up all of my possessions for a partner like this.

It easy to see the other people that seems walk rightly in Christ, especially that is the weakness in your heart, and satan will uses that to temp you. Keep your eyes on Jesus who is the restorer of our brokeness. Focus your heart mind and soul to the cross the crown Jesus wore and the thorn on His side...

Brother Paul and iansmith wisdom is beautifully shared it's so uplifting.

Fight the good fight, mate you be right as the aussie saying :-D as you walk rightly with Christ.

2007/12/28 21:06Profile

Dear crusader,

Since the SI conference, I've been listening to Carter Conlon's preaching, from the Times Square website [url=www.tscnyc.com]www.tscnyc.com[/url] and I find many of his sermons are from Old Testament texts, quite a few mentioning the wilderness.

We have the impression that the wilderness is a desperate place to be, but it's where the Hebrews saw miracles day after day for forty years as God fed and provided for them. After they got out of the desert, they were, effectively at war, much diminished, and yet united in purpose behind men of true faith.

Perhaps you would pick up some oblique thoughts from 'The Day the Sun Stood Still', in which Conlon points out several mistakes Joshua made but nevertheless found God with him as he faced the consequences of those errors, and did what he had to. 'The Devil's Nightmare' is also an instructive teaching on prevailing prayer.

Also from my own experience, I can testify that the wilderness was a place of proving God which He expected to use in the next phase of my life - when either I believed I had proved Him (or was it, that He had proved me?) and now He expected me to believe Him against all contrary odds.

2007/12/28 21:16
crusader

Australia:

Re:

I am really encouraged by everyones responses, the holy spirit was telling me while i was reading the responses that the devil was trying to to divide and Conquer me, firstly as i have stayed away from sermon index, i was seperating my self from this type of fellowship, secondly then he worked harder on seperating me from physical fellowship at home, thirdly opening his doors to corrupting fellowship at work. 2 co-workers are selfconfessed wicca, another new age and another has been making advances towards me. my clientel are court appointed convicted drug dealers that are very criminal orientated.

satan has been hearding me away from the sheep towards the wolves and i didn't even see it until now.

as far as a church goes not sure as yet i'll see what God leads me too.

while i am working today i will look into the advise you guys have given me.

I have tried to listen to carter conlan but not to sure about his fruit as yet but i will look into this mans ministry the best i can.

2007/12/28 22:50Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re:

confession tonight i listened to carter conlan i got a bit confused because he sounds exactly like david wilkinson. although i found only a little bit of meat in one message is was enough to feed me today. i realize that the lord does love me or else he would not have taken me to the wilderness, and i also realize that fiery arrows get through too my heart very quickly which slowly makes my spirit man become depressed and want to lay down and die.

i need to stand on this one thing allow the lord jesus to rule the kingdom of my heart and his mercy and authority will spread out amongst the whole land with out looking for the signs and wonders as they will follow as i do gods work.

the poison of the fiery dart has been pride, i havent yet but hopefully soon humble myself before the lord and get back on track.

ME AND MY HOUSE HOLD SHALL SERVE THE LORD THY GOD - LORD I PRAY RAISE ME TO BE A MAN THAT LONGS FOR YOUR MANA AND SPIRIT. LORD START MY MINISTRY AND GIVE ME A ZEAL TO SEEK YOUR SPIRIT EVERY MORNING WHEN I WAKE SO I MAY WALK THE DAY IN YOUR LIGHT.

GOT TO GO LISTENING TO CARTER CONLAN

2007/12/29 6:41Profile
psalm1

Re:

the horse and rider are thrown into the sea.

Jesus always wins
The devil always looses
..............."and the word of their testimony"
To hear crusader talk this way.....It blew my wig clean off my head!!!!

God bless you bro,
David

2007/12/29 10:51Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy