SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : copyrighted materials - written permission to provide on website

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ambwor

copyrighted materials - written permission to provide on website

Thank you for your GREAT website! I recently found your wonderful website. I would like to read, listen to, and download many documents, CDs and DVDs so that I can partner with you and use them to reach the backslidden Christians and unsaved.

I am not certain which location is best to post this important and sensitive question.

Would you please tell me if you have written permission to post and allow the downloads of these audio, video, and text sermons from the copyright owners?

For example, I personally know that David Wilkerson has a standing policy that none of the sermons or messages in written form, audio form, or video form can be posted on any website. His policy is that all of the materials from World Challenge Ministries, David Wilkerson Ministries, and Times Square Church can be linked with the materials on the website of his ministries but not posted in their entirety separately on other websites. Did Sermon Index obtain written permission from David Wilkerson to post the over 539 sermons of David's on this website?

The Lord has made it clear to us in His Word that even if we LISTEN to illegally downloaded posts that are illegally downloaded from copyrighted materials that is stealing and lying and if I even just LISTEN to materials obtained through evil means of lying and stealing, then I am placing myself in agreement with evil works, and I am becoming a "partaker in other men's sins!" 1 Tim 5:22, Mat 16:23, I Cor 10:21, 2 John 1:11, Eph 5:7, Rev 18:4.

Are any of the downloads of these audio, video, and text sermons parts of copyrighted shows or materials and do you have written permission to post them? Please let me know as soon as possible. I will not go to eternal Hell by becoming a thief and liar through accepting by using stolen materials.

Thank you so much for confirming if this website has received written confirmation to post copyrighted materials.

2007/12/27 22:44Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: copyrighted materials - written permission to provide on website

To answer your question, yes permission has been obtained where applicable.

2007/12/27 23:09Profile

Re:

This brings up an interesting question I would like to ask to those who read this site. Do you think any ministry has "a right" to have a policy like David Wilkerson has? If one is truly a servant of God, speaking the Word of God, what right do they have over the word spoken? Wouldn't that be like Paul saying "you can only reproduce my letters with my permission"? If it's God's word or an exhortation from God's word what right does a minister of Gospel have to put restrictions on it?

2007/12/27 23:20
ambwor

Do you think David Wilkerson's ministry has "a right" to have a policy

Your Posting: This brings up an interesting question I would like to ask to those who read this site. Do you think any ministry has "a right" to have a policy like David Wilkerson has? If one is truly a servant of God, speaking the Word of God, what right do they have over the word spoken? Wouldn't that be like Paul saying "you can only reproduce my letters with my permission"? If it's God's word or an exhortation from God's word what right does a minister of Gospel have to put restrictions on it?

MY REPLY: Are you serious? That is absolutely absurd of you to ask such a question! Where in God's Word does the Lord command that people can control the actions of other servants in the Body of Christ?

Is this better that David Wilkerson acts like other ministries who do NOT even MAKE their messages available AT ALL unless you PAY for them?

David Wilkerson is a man of God. The BIBLE DOES SAY regarding talking about God's servants:
"Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm." Psalm 105:15, 1 Chron 16:22.

I strongly urge you to cease posting messages that besmirch or in any way negatively imply that a servant of the living God is doing anything wrong. For "It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God." Hebrews 10:31.

David Wilkerson is the man of God the Lord used to speak that message. He has prayed over the distribution of the messages the Lord ministered through him. He believes that he is doing what God has instructed him to do.

It does NOT at all matter what people on THIS discussion board think of what David Wilkerson has put into place for a policy. ALL THAT MATTERS IS WHAT GOD THINKS! If you do not agree with David's policy then contact his ministry and resolve your questions - not throwing David open to rebuke from readers of this discussion board. How do you see YOUR actions as Christian, loving, merciful, respectful, humble, kind, or in any way lining up with the Word of God?

2007/12/28 0:41Profile
ambwor

Re:

MY POSTING: Thank you for your GREAT website! I recently found your wonderful website. I would like to read, listen to, and download many documents, CDs and DVDs so that I can partner with you and use them to reach the backslidden Christians and unsaved.

I am not certain which location is best to post this important and sensitive question.

Would you please tell me if you have written permission to post and allow the downloads of these audio, video, and text sermons from the copyright owners?

For example, I personally know that David Wilkerson has a standing policy that none of the sermons or messages in written form, audio form, or video form can be posted on any website. His policy is that all of the materials from World Challenge Ministries, David Wilkerson Ministries, and Times Square Church can be linked with the materials on the website of his ministries but not posted in their entirety separately on other websites. Did Sermon Index obtain written permission from David Wilkerson to post the over 539 sermons of David's on this website?

The Lord has made it clear to us in His Word that even if we LISTEN to illegally downloaded posts that are illegally downloaded from copyrighted materials that is stealing and lying and if I even just LISTEN to materials obtained through evil means of lying and stealing, then I am placing myself in agreement with evil works, and I am becoming a "partaker in other men's sins!" 1 Tim 5:22, Mat 16:23, I Cor 10:21, 2 John 1:11, Eph 5:7, Rev 18:4.

Are any of the downloads of these audio, video, and text sermons parts of copyrighted shows or materials and do you have written permission to post them? Please let me know as soon as possible. I will not go to eternal Hell by becoming a thief and liar through accepting by using stolen materials.

Thank you so much for confirming if this website has received written confirmation to post copyrighted materials.

YOUR REPLY: To answer your question, yes permission has been obtained where applicable.

MY REPLY: Thank you for your reply. I will verify that. I do not see anywhere on this website where that has been stated as a matter of policy. I have, sadly, found other websites that illegally post materials from other ministries and also do not post a public notice that they have received permission. I have been notified by two ministries that the other website is posting their materials illegally. As a result I am choose to confirm the status of the materials before I review them in the future. I hope I will be able to freely utilize these postings once I verify they are available with permission from the copyright owners.

2007/12/28 0:46Profile
Tears_of_joy

Quote:

[b][url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=16223&forum=16]Legal and Disclaimers[/url][/b]

2007/12/28 0:51Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Welcome to Sermonindex ambwor. I look forward to reading your thoughts and ideas.

Many blessings

2007/12/28 7:18Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Do you think David Wilkerson's ministry has "a right" to have a po

Quote:
MY REPLY: Are you serious? That is absolutely absurd of you to ask such a question! Where in God's Word does the Lord command that people can control the actions of other servants in the Body of Christ?

Is this better that David Wilkerson acts like other ministries who do NOT even MAKE their messages available AT ALL unless you PAY for them?

David Wilkerson is a man of God. The BIBLE DOES SAY regarding talking about God's servants:
"Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm." Psalm 105:15, 1 Chron 16:22.

I strongly urge you to cease posting messages that besmirch or in any way negatively imply that a servant of the living God is doing anything wrong. For "It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God." Hebrews 10:31.

It does NOT at all matter what people on THIS discussion board think of what David Wilkerson has put into place for a policy. ALL THAT MATTERS IS WHAT GOD THINKS! If you do not agree with David's policy then contact his ministry and resolve your questions - not throwing David open to rebuke from readers of this discussion board. How do you see YOUR actions as Christian, loving, merciful, respectful, humble, kind, or in any way lining up with the Word of God?

ambwor, I would likewise admonish you to hold off with the accusations and suggestions of what is posted here or not, you are far to new to these surroundings to be making such statements. There is enough warrant from your original questions here to suspect or accuse you of the same; "[i]I strongly urge you to cease posting messages that besmirch or in any way negatively imply that a servant of the living God is doing anything wrong.[/i]"

Please read through the first sections below if you have not already to get a feel for the site and forum.

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewforum.php?forum=13&4049]Welcome & Intro
[/url]

2007/12/28 10:16Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy