SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Help answering questions for a muslim

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

Help answering questions for a muslim

I am having a dialog with a Muslim, and he asked me some questions, I just want some of the saints help answering his questions without falling into to much heresy :-P

i will post some of the questions i feel i have trouble with,

1) "So in the places of scripture you provided me with, i am to believe Jesus who you claim was God manifested in the flesh, that he is praying to God. So actually God was praying to God? "

2) Will Abraham and Moses and everyone else who sinned before Jesus be in heaven?

3) "and if they will be in heaven, how can they be without the shedding of blood you claim is so necessary?

4) can God forgive us without dying for us?

(if you say no i wonder)

5) wile God was busy dying who kept the world going and the world order in control?

anyone ? :-)

i know somethings but id like some more wisdom in how to express it so it will be correct.

Very grateful for any help

Christian

2007/12/27 14:52Profile
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re: Help answering questions for a muslim

i'm no scholar brother, but i will try a few questions.

(1) yes, the Son was talking/praying to the Father. here is where the trinity (Godhead) will come into play.

(2) yes, the believers before Christ will be in heaven. (romans 4) much like abraham was declared righteous by his faith in God, so will the believers be imputed righteousness looking toward Christ's work on the cross.

(3) much like answered above. imputed righteousness in light of Jesus's work. looking forward to the cross, much like we look back at the cross.

(4) God can do anything He wants to, but He has chosen the path that only a spotless Lamb could atone for man's deep sin. man could not atone, no matter how many good works he tries. only God could atone.

could God have forgived sin without dying? sure if He wanted to. but God wanted to demonstrate His great love in this; while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. it is the greatest expression of His infinite love for us.

(5) God. see question 1 with dealing with the trinity (Godhead).

i hope it helps some. sorry i am not a scholar.
phil

2007/12/27 15:05Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

I'll try to help with question #1.

You will need to explain that God the Father and God the Son are eternal and had an eternal relationship with each other before Jesus became a man. (see John 5:19-27 and John 15:10)

Explain that when Jesus, the Son of God, became a man He humbled Himself and became a servant (Phil 2:5-11). Christ's submission to the Father while walking this earth was kept vital through constant prayer. This is a wonderful example for us to follow.

In Christ,

Ron

2007/12/27 15:15Profile
ravenmolehil

North Carolina, US

If you can get him to carefully examine the first chapter of the Gospel of John; a lot of these issues are addressed in a short portion of scripture.

i'll pray for this fellow,

2007/12/27 15:22Profile
Tears_of_joy

Quote:
4) can God forgive us without dying for us?

Brother, when I read this question, I was reminded of one devotional from Oswald Chambers (My Utmost for His Highest):

November 20

[b]The Forgiveness of God[/b]

[i]In Him we have . . . the forgiveness of sins . . . —Ephesians 1:7[/i]

Beware of the pleasant view of the fatherhood of God: God is so kind and loving that of course He will forgive us. That thought, based solely on emotion, cannot be found anywhere in the New Testament. The only basis on which God can forgive us is the tremendous tragedy of the Cross of Christ. To base our forgiveness on any other ground is unconscious blasphemy. The only ground on which God can forgive our sin and reinstate us to His favor is through the Cross of Christ. There is no other way! Forgiveness, which is so easy for us to accept, cost the agony at Calvary. We should never take the forgiveness of sin, the gift of the Holy Spirit, and our sanctification in simple faith, and then forget the enormous cost to God that made all of this ours.

Forgiveness is the divine miracle of grace. The cost to God was the Cross of Christ. To forgive sin, while remaining a holy God, this price had to be paid. Never accept a view of the fatherhood of God if it blots out the atonement. The revealed truth of God is that without the atonement He cannot forgive— He would contradict His nature if He did. The only way we can be forgiven is by being brought back to God through the atonement of the Cross. God’s forgiveness is possible only in the supernatural realm.

Compared with the miracle of the forgiveness of sin, the experience of sanctification is small. Sanctification is simply the wonderful expression or evidence of the forgiveness of sins in a human life. But the thing that awakens the deepest fountain of gratitude in a human being is that God has forgiven his sin. Paul never got away from this. Once you realize all that it cost God to forgive you, you will be held as in a vise, constrained by the love of God.

2007/12/27 17:44Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Brother Christian, I hope you are well.

If you don't mind me asking, do you think your friend is looking for answers to these questions or is this more of an adversarial or controversial asking?

You don't have to answer this if you don't want to brother.

Thanks,

Chris

2007/12/27 18:13Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Muslims believe Abraham to be their forefather
in the faith. They believe Moses to be a true
prophet. They believe Jesus to be a great
prophet and Messiah. But they don't see the
sacrifice upon the cross was for them and they
can't understand why God would allow His Son to
suffer and die!! They don't realize this was
the greatest of mercies so God could still be
holy and just and forgive. They believe in
resurrection (for the righteous ones) and
believe the practice of faith and works done
for the glory of God bring righteousness.
The best witness is to live your witness before
them. When they see genuine faith represented
they will also see the expression of God's love
and truth made manifest which reveals Christ!!

2007/12/27 18:16Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

ChrisJD wrote:
Brother Christian, I hope you are well.

If you don't mind me asking, do you think your friend is looking for answers to these questions or is this more of an adversarial or controversial asking?

You don't have to answer this if you don't want to brother.

Thanks,

Chris

hmm, i think he is interested in knowing why we believe what we believe. even as mostly it has been dancing around the trinity , but i pray i have presented the Gospel to him in a right way

Jesus

2007/12/27 18:37Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Thanks brother.

These questions sound similar to things I've heard before in speaking with people.

They seem to be questions of carnal reasoning? As if to look for ways which the things written in the scriptures could not be true, do you know what I mean?

It is because of that, that I think we could be hesitant is answering them, or at least not feel compelled to give an exact answer, but perhaps one that would invite the honest seeker to look more closely.

What do you think?

2007/12/27 18:48Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

For instance, you could tell them how the Lord Jesus said Moses wrote about Him.

And then tell him the story of Lazarus, and what the Lord Jesus said about those who didn't believe what Moses wrote.

What do you think?

2007/12/27 18:49Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy