SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Benazir Bhutto assasinated just days before Pakistani general election

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re: Benazir Bhutto assasinated just days before Pakistani general election

Quote:
How on earth could a female rise to the ranks of power as Bhutto did, given their attitudes concerning women?

In public affairs, this mainly happens to women from secular Muslim states. That's one reason she may have posed a threat to Muslims seeking to establish Pakistan as a more orthodox Islamic state. Having said that, Islam has something similar to the denominations which have rent the protestant church, but protestants have never killed other protestants over these difficulties.

Within the Muslim household, the woman is given even more equality (in terms of her intellectual input) than in many Western (so-called) Christian homes. But, there is an extremity of Islam which does not believe in educating women, and these women [i]do[/i] have a hard time, and could be said not to reach their full potential. But, they are mothers. They work hard within their remit. They bring a softness to the Muslim male which in some ways resembles the softness of the Catholic male who has been taught to reverence Mary (and his own mother). It's peculiar in its own way.

However, like in any culture, wherever there is an extreme, it is balanced by other extremes. The veneration of virginity (for example), or official disapproval of abortion, is not necessarily what happens in people's lives, and strict aspirations to keep their laws perfectly, necessarily lead to degrees of guilt over failure. But I digress...

It seems remarkable that anyone in Pakistan really believes they can tell the world that this lady [i]died[/i] through 'hitting her head' on the sun roof of her car... when many witnesses describe hearing two shots (which were in two different parts of her body, suggesting two snipers rather than one), before the suicide bomber detonated his charge.

2007/12/29 17:39
suzy

Devon, England

Re:

In her will Benazir Bhutto named her son as her successor! What a legacy. Poor boy, only 19 and in his first year at Oxford University. And her husband is to run the party.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7164968.stm

Regardless of politics, would I vote for a 19 year old? I think not. Will the Pakistanis?

However, more interesting and serious is that the USA is behind the return of Benazir Bhutto to Pakistan to 'stabilise' the relationship between USA and Pakistan and it has gone wrong.

http://www.debka.com/article.php?aid=1325

There was no post mortem after her death at her husband's request. And now her body may be exhumed to discover whether it was bullets or a 'hit' on the head that killed her! Many other nameless people were killed then in the explosion and in the angry rampages that have swept Pakistan in the days that have followed. I hope that the elections will be postponed as is being suggested, for at least 3-4 months to let anger subside.

Suzy

2007/12/30 10:50Profile

Re: Benazir Bhutto assasinated just days before Pakistani general election

suzy.... When I heard that President Musharaff had been pressurised to give up his miliary status and employment, I was concerned, but I didn't anticipate this. To say 'it has gone wrong', is, I believe, to misinterpret the intention of planning general elections in Pakistan.

Quote:
to let anger subside

A country whose hopes of democratic peace have been thwarted over so many decades is angry anyway. It won't matter how long or short the postponement is, this whole thing was stinking from the moment a shot was heard on the day she died - if not from before then. The BBC has already reported that she was hit in the head, and in the abdomen. No wonder her husband didn't want a post-mortem. And you're right about her son. That is a dreadful thing to happen to him at this age and at this stage in his shock and grief. The whole thing is hideous. It makes one wonder who wrote the will.

:-?

2007/12/30 11:16
suzy

Devon, England

Re: Bhutto - Scotland Yard to investigate!

Interesting that Musharaf has asked Scotland Yard to go to Pakistan to investigate the murder / assassination of Benazir Bhutto.

I read recently that the lower and middle ranks of the Pakistani Army had been infiltrated by Al Queda, and they were responsible for the lax security and death.

I wonder if Scotland Yard will get anywhere? Musharaf obviously has great faith in their crime solving ability and that they are unbiased. Whatever they find, will they be believed and will their recommendations be acted on?!

Suzy

2008/1/2 15:01Profile
Rimsha42

Re:

Well said man

[url=http://www.forum.urduworld.com/forum/f220/faisal-raza-abidi-fights-403280/]faisal raza abidi fights[/url]

2011/9/14 6:31Profile

Re:

Since the assassination of Bhutto there has been the assassination of the governor of Punjabi province, a moderate Moslem. I cannot recall his name but he called for the repeal of the blasphemy laws that currently exist in the zPakidtani penal code and have been used by the Moslem extremist to oppress the Christian.s and other minorities. This governor was assassinated by his own Moslem body guards.

I heard that the slain governor's son was kidnapped by extremist in retaliation for the killing of Bin Laden by U S special ops forces.

A few months ago Pakistan Minister of Minority Affairs Shabbaz Bhatti was killed by extremist. The Pakistani government refused him protection or an armored car. The man was a Christian and again called for the removal of the blasphemy laws from Pakistan's legal code.

Both Governor Salmon Teezer and Shabbaz Bhatti spike on behalf of Asia Bibi and called for her release. Asia Bibi is the Christian mother who gave a testimony for Christ. Presently she has been sentenced to death by the Pakistani court and could very well be the first woman to be executed in Pakistan for blasphemy for blashemy against Mohammed.

How is it that Osama Bin Laden could hide in Pakistan all these years and Pakistani intelligence did not know of it? Al Queda and the Taliban have infiltrated the Pakistani military. At least some in the intelligence community fear that. The concern is Pakistan has nuclear weapons. If the extremist get control of those weapons then the unthinkable could happen. Add to the fact India has nukes. I shudder to think what could take place between these two countries in terms of a nuclear exchange. For the last several decades India and Pakistan have been enemies. They almost cane to blows in the mid 90's. Diplomatic efforts diffused that tension.

In years past Richard Wormbrandt warned the western church over the evils of communism. He equated to a satanic system. Now the danger is Islam. I say it again the danger to the church is Islam. Satan is manifesting evil through the opression of Islam.

I am not suffering from islamiaphobia nor do I hate moslems. But in praying for the persecuted church the moslems are the biggest persecuters of Christians. It was Moslem jihadist who gave us 9/11.

The moslens need Jesus. Just as Richard Wormbrandt was that Jesus was the answer to communism saw the answer to Islam has to be Jesus.

------------
Blaine Scogin

2011/9/14 9:51

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy