2007/12/26 21:31Profile

Re: Hi sisters and brothers

Welcome, ironwood :-)

How did you hap across SermonIndex?

2007/12/26 23:47
ironwood

Re:

Hi Dorcas,
A friend of mine told me about the SermonIndex (SI) forum. My friend has good judgment and said that this is a good forum so....here I am. I had looked up articles/sermons at SI before and was very pleased with what I found. I didn't realise SI had a forum until my friend pointed it out to me.

2007/12/27 6:46Profile

Re:

Welcome, Ironwood.

I pray that the time you spend on SI proves to be profitable and edifying to your own walk with Jesus Christ.

:-)

2007/12/27 12:32

Re: Hi sisters and brothers

Hi ironwood

Quote:
I didn't realise SI had a forum until my friend pointed it out to me.

Well, I hope you find the courage to post sometimes.

You might find it beneficial to read what to expect from the forums, by reading the community rules linked in bold from the Welcome and Intro forum header (on the page which lets you choose a forum). Anyway, reading can be quite challenging... I hope you enjoy it.

2007/12/27 19:20
ironwood

Re:

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

I don't know where to begin besides saying "Hi".
Over 160,000 posts! I imagine everything has been covered but then again the treasures of the Word are unfathomable. At least in these jars of clay.

I am reminded of a prayer I prayed over 25 years ago. I was overwhelmed with the amount of information in this world. I could spend a lifetime on just a small part of a single subject and never scratch the surface.

I prayed that the Lord would show me the information that He wanted me to know. He has been faithful and kept me from deception. Still I am not immune from it and He continues to show me what He wants me to know. Once I think I have arrived then I am walking on thin ice. We all need each other. I have found that unless I keep my eyes on Jesus then my own wisdom is no match for the evil one no matter how pure my doctrine may be.

I'm looking forward to meeting you people.

Blessings

ironwood

2007/12/27 19:36Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Ironwood

Quote:
Over 160,000 posts!

Goodness, I had no idea ... !

So good to have you ironwood, looking forward to hearing your wisdom and experience shared with us.

2007/12/27 23:37Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re: Ironwood

Ironman or Ironwood

hhhhmmmmmmm

Either way bad selection for a name.

In Norse mythology, Járnviðr (often anglicized as Járnvid), which means "Iron-wood", is a forest inhabited by giantesses and giant wolves.

Anyway welcome and I hope you are not inhabited by those beasts

2008/1/9 16:25Profile
ironwood

Re:

murrcolr,
Thank you for the info. I had never heard of that before.

There are a few trees called ironwood (coloquially). The ironwood I derived my moniker from comes from Indonesia and specifically Irain Jaya. My childrens godparents lived in Irian Jaya for a few years among the Dani and the Bowsi. Ironwood is so dense that it sinks in the water. Being a rainforest tree, it has no taproot. They would attach ropes to the trees and literally topple them over and then cut of the limbs. Then they would attach them to less dense wood and float them across the lakes to their villages. Ironwood takes an extremely long time to rot and is very good for building dwellings right over the water.

Some people think I am dense. This reminds me of the virtues of ironwood.

Blessings

2008/1/9 21:36Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Interesting never heard of a wood like that.

It's amazing how diffrent cultures have different meanings for things. A wood that sinks wow. Anyway see you have been posting a lot. You must be enjoying it on here.

Thanks for the info

2008/1/10 14:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy