SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : "Philadelphia - Get Your History Straight, and Your Nitelife Gay"

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Rahman

"Philadelphia - Get Your History Straight, and Your Nitelife Gay"

I'm deeply saddened to announce that below are ----- TODAY'S TOP STORIES ----- in my hometown of Philadelphia ...

http://channels.netscape.com/ns/news/story.jsp?id=2004060211270002996948&dt=20040602112700&w=RTR&coview=

----- City of Brotherly Love kicks off gay ad campaign -----

PHILADELPHIA, June 2 (Reuters) - Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love, has launched the first U.S. television advertising campaign to promote a city as a gay destination, officials said on Wednesday.

In the television commercial, a young man in colonial attire writes a letter inviting his beloved to meet him at Independence Hall, one of the city's main tourist attractions.

The man is approached by a woman who glances at him but passes by before another man greets the letter writer and accepts flowers.

The spot emphasizes the city's historic attractions and its friendliness to gay travelers and is part of a three-year, $1 million campaign using the slogan "Philadelphia - Get Your History Straight and Your Nightlife Gay."

"The gay market is an extension of our leisure marketing efforts for the destination and complements our programs for other types of travelers," said Meryl Levitz, president of the Greater Philadelphia Tourism Marketing Corp.

The group estimates that the U.S. gay travel market is worth $54 billion annually.

Philadelphia means "brotherly love" in Greek.

----- Phila. outpaces N.Y. in killings -----

Our area pastors can pray token prayers about such situations on Sunday's, or can even devote an entire service to the blessing and annointing of our children with oil in attempts from keeping them from being shot ... They can get together in they're carnal little political groups to rub elbows with our Mayor, and city council, at they're banquets and such, but they can't find time to get together and weep between the porch and the altar for any prolonged period of time, crying out to God in brokeness, till they hear from heaven ... No they just don't have enough time to do what's necessary for them to be able to call forth the solemn assemblies,
that we may all get together and wail for the REVIVAL we so desperately need ... They've got time for every other solution under the sun but God's formula for the cleansing of the nation ... What will we do when God sends fire to our city? ... What will we do?

This is why judgment is eminent ... this is why judgment must come ... this is why judgement is already upon us ... How long oh Lord will your Spirit strive with man?

2004/6/2 14:40Profile
Matthew2323

Colorado

Re: "Philadelphia - Get Your History Straight, and Your Nitelife Gay"

OK, so the pagans are acting like pagans. . . I think you've mentioned something more important.

Quote:
This is why judgment is eminent ... this is why judgment must come ... this is why judgement is already upon us

What judgment is imminent / must come? A final judgment?

What judgment is already upon us? A remedial/gracious judgment?

This is more important because this is something the Church can change by turning to God in repentance. The reviling pagans, a disgusting as it is, is simply a fruit sin, that is to say, the result of a disobedient Church. Darkness will spread when the lights don't shine. So, let's heed John the Baptist's exhortation to "take the axe to the root".

Therefore, in addition to your answers to the "judgment" questions above, what does God have you doing about these judgments?

Anticipating your response,
Matthew

By the way, if God ever releases you from your assignment in PA, you'd be very welcome here in AZ.

2004/6/2 20:56Profile
earnestlycontend

Flinstone, GA

Re:

That's terribly sad, Rahman.

Was that ad on public TV?

We need to pray - our nation's moving toward the judgment of God quickly.

Helping in prayer,
Kendal

2004/6/2 22:42Profile
Rahman

Re:

Thanks Bro. Kendal,

It's not on TV yet ... but according to the article it's coming ... and Philadelphia will be the first to run such ads ...

2004/6/3 9:08Profile
Rahman

Re:

Matthew you posted:

((( OK, so the pagans are acting like pagans. . . )))

Although your statement is painfuly true this seems like a pretty flippant remark from a Christian ... I say this because I used to feel the same way before Jesus turned my spirit from that of Jonah (let em burn) to Jeremiah (concern while they burn) ...

As I've stated before I've been around long enough to remember when (as a child), such pagans were so far in the back of society's closet I didn't even know they were there ... Not so with my grand children ... I've been praying that Philadelphia might keep a lower profile in regards a terror destination (as two of my daughters work in center city), but this new ad campaign invites sodomites to Philadelphia as a vacation destination/play ground ... To me that's like jumping up and down, and daring God to send down fire upon us ... OT Scripture tells us what God did to the cities of Sodom ... This tells me that judgment is imminent, and why it must come, and if the events of 9/11 hasn't convinced you that judgment is already upon us, then I don't know what will ... A nuclear detonation in one of our cities? ... A massive biological wipe out in our population? ... It's obvious to me that most folk saved and unsaved alike haven't a clue to what 9/11 screamed at us!

Matthew you posted:

((( What judgment is imminent / must come? A final judgment?

What judgment is already upon us? A remedial/gracious judgment? )))

Final judgement is always imminent, and has been since Christ left here some 2,000 years ago, which makes it even more imminent ... But in answer to your question I believe a remedial,
yet horrific gracious judgment ... The reason being that Christ Church must be reduced to a Church without spot or blemish (wheat), and that will not happen until there be a great falling away of the (tares) ... Blistering, refining fire judgment is what's usually necessary to seperate pure gold from floss.

Matthew you posted:

((( This is more important because this is something the Church can change by turning to God in repentance. The reviling pagans, as disgusting as it is, is simply a fruit sin, that is to say, the result of a disobedient Church. Darkness will spread when the lights don't shine. So, let's heed John the Baptist's exhortation to "take the axe to the root". )))

Amen ... But there is a formula in scripture (Joel chapters 1&2) for bringing the disobedient apostate Church, God's people to repentance - holiness and REVIVAL, so that we may obtain the Power to "take the axe to the root" ... John the Baptist came out of the wilderness full of the Holy Ghost ... Christ Church, as it now stands is full of the world.

Matthew you posted:

((( Therefore, in addition to your answers to the "judgment" questions above, what does God have you doing about these judgments?)))

Ok ... I'll try to put this in a nutshell:

- He saved me in Sept. of 1979.

- He told me in 1980 that He'd make me "a spokesman first to My Church, and then to the nations".

- From 1980 - 1983 he had me on a mission to promote unity between Christian denominations which was difficult, but fruitful.

- In 1983 He told me His "final revival is coming, and it will begin here" ... and put me on a mission to prepare "my pastor/church" ... I wasn't recieved well at all
so in 1988 I did a Jonah and left my church, telling God that I wouldn't bear this burden by myself, went into the wilderness/whale's belly, and stayed there until 1999.

- In 1999 God told me to go back to "my pastor/church" and tell him that He's, "set before you an open door, and you will go thru it" ... That wasn't recieved well
either, but because I prayed about "an open door" so much in our prayer meetings it became a part of many other peoples prayers in my church, and so now many (to this day) pray
"thank you Lord, for the open door", and don't even realize why they pray it.

- At the beginning of Jan. 2004 the Lord said to me, "Now is the time" ... and really set me on a mission to get "my pastor/church" to implement Joel chapters 1 & 2 ... When
His "word" was rejected a third time by "my pastor/church" He ceased me from that mission (saying in my spirit, "It is now between He and my pastor/church), and set
me on a mission to speak to other Philadelphia pastors, and eventually to begin a e-mail ministry called "R-e-VIVAL mail" in which I've sent out about 5,000 e-mails
to pastors all over America, and the world ... Below is a copy of the e-mail, entitled "PASTOR'S PLEASE WAKE UP":

To All,

Below is a letter that I e-mail to as many churches as I can. I would not do this if I didn't believe it directed of the Lord, as it is a tedious proceedure to glean the e mail addresses.

Please generate one of your own, or feel free to cut and paste, substituting your name, and e-mailing in getting the word out. We must have Revival, that's the bottom line!

"ONE LAST GREAT REVIVAL ... BEFORE HIS RE-ARRIVAL - Joel 2: 23-31"

Dear Pastor,

Do you realize that you represent in Christ Church today what the Levitical Priesthood did in Judaism during the times of the Old Testament, and Gospel period of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ? ... You are a member of our "religious leaders" ... Are you also aware that God still calls the most foolish (like myself) out of the wilderness, to confront you when He's not pleased? (1Cor.1:27) ... Well, He's not pleased! ... The majority of His Church (in America) is tepid, its preachers ear ticklers, and its people having a form of Godly devotion, but certainly not manifesting the power thereof ... Polls show that 56% of Americans claim to be Christian, while America's reality screams satan ... If we're salt, we're not very salty ... If we're light, we're not very bright ... Jesus Himself describes our problem of the majority so aptly in Rev.3:15-18 ... "I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see" ... The world is in crisis because His Church is in crisis (Matt. 5:13-16, Jonah 1: 1-5) ... His Church is in crisis, because its leadership is in crisis ... So to ALL you Pastors of the representative 7 Churches of Revalation 1-3, Jesus is saying that Joel 1:11-15 was in order yesterday Preacher! ... HIS BODY IS IN DIRE NEED OF REVIVAL, BEGINING WITH YOU PRIESTS FIRST! ... REPENT - AND LEAD YOUR ASSEMBLIES INTO THE SOLEMN MASSIVE PRAYER OF JOEL 2:15 -19, TILL HEAVEN IS HEARD FROM VIA THE LATTER RAIN OF JOEL 2: 23-31!!!

Are you aware Preacher that since around 1750 God has sent a Revival to America about every 50 years? ... Did you know that the one in the early 1800's was a rousing success? ... Did you know that the one in 1857 almost didn't happen, until the banks in America failed? ... Did you know the one in 1905 birthed Azusa St., and kicked off the Pentecostal Movement? ... Did you know that the one around 1950 started out ok, but ended in disaster? ... Did you know that the one that is supposed to be happening now shows no signs of occurring? ... Do you know why? ... Because the devil has unsaved America totally blinded, the majority of Christ Church grossly distracted, and the minority of pastors and churches like unto Philadelphia smugly apathetic to the greater majority of their apostate brethren ... AWAKEN PREACHER! ... JUDGEMENT IS ABOUT TO DROP! ... One way or the other we'll be brought to our knees in repentance, and fervent prayer ... The Lord will have His Revival via our willing repentance, or He'll inspire it with the fire of His manifest wrath ... Alas I deduce it will be wrought by the latter, as scripture shows me very few leaders ever bend to His will via it's delivery by such foolish as myself ... So like Jeremiah and Jesus I weep over what's coming, because I know it's coming.

Due to modern day watered down politically correct preaching, far to many (saved and unsaved) view Jesus as the grace-giving genie of long-suffering and loving kindness - the cosmic Mr. Nice Guy ... But so many of you are not sounding the alarm that in the midst of His seemingly un-ending graciousness His wrath for our blatant wickedness is being stored up, will eventually be poured out, and will inextricably suck myriads into eternally tormenting hellfire! ... BLOOD GUILT IS ON THE HANDS OF YOU WATCHMEN WHO BLOWETH NOT THE TRUMPET ... REPENT AND DO THE FIRST WORKS!

Below is a sermon entitled "THUNDERING IN NASHVILLE", and an audio history of "THE PURITANS", that our Lord wants you to hear ... The Puritans put us to pure shame, so is it any wonder they were persecuted for His name sake ... We don't practice Christianity today, we practice Churchianity ... What the world needs now is not a new denomination, nor a new definition, but a new demonstration of Christianity ...The Master Potter, and the Refiner's fire, is about to make it so (1 Pet. 4:17 - Mal. 3:1-4, Jer. 18: 1-6) ... Amen.

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?op=&cid=239 = Click on - THUNDERING IN NASHVILLE (AUDIO)

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=3696 = Click on - REVIVE THY WORK (AUDIO) - (why revival tarries?)

http://sermons.christiansunite.com/David_Wilkerson.shtml
- Reproach of the Solemn Assembly 1 & 2 (Joel 1:14,15 & 2:15-17)

http://sermons.christiansunite.com/David_Wilkerson_2.shtml
- Christless Pentacost 1 & 2 (the Dove always exhalts the Lamb)

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=27
- America's Last Days 1 & 2 (a must hear)

(REVIVAL IN AMERICA)
http://sermons.christiansunite.com/J._Edwin_Orr_4.shtml = Revival in Early America, Revival in America - Mid 1800's, The Awakening of 1858 in America, The Awakening of 1905 in North America, The Role of Prayer in Spiritual Awakening.

http://sermons.christiansunite.com/J._Edwin_Orr_2.shtml = Introduction to Revival, Lessons in Revival from Acts 1-2, Confession and Revival.

(REVIVAL IN EUROPE FIRST, THAT SPREAD TO AMERICA)
http://sermons.christiansunite.com/J._Edwin_Orr_3.shtml = The Awakening of 1727 Onward, The Awakening of 1792 Onward, The Resurgence of 1830 Onward, The Awakening of 1859 in Britain and Elsewhere, The Resurgence of 1882 Onward, The Awakening of 1904 in Wales, The Welsh Revival of 1904-05, The Movements Between World Wars, Movements in Latin America.

(PURITAN HISTORY - AUDIO)
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?op=&cid=302

May the spark of HOLY GHOST REVIVAL once more ignite Christ Church to unparalleled glory, beginning with YOU!, for just one man with Jesus is a majority ... And please send this e-mail on to as many Pastors as you can, regardless of denomination, for our enemy sees us collectively as what he works so hard to keep us divided to ... Christians! ... Lord Jesus please wake us all to our beloved St. Paul's words of 1Cor 12: 12-27 ... Unify your Body in sacred, solemn prayer for REVIVAL! ... Amen

Bro. Rahman Reuben – (Jer. 33:3)
R"e"VIVAL"mail" - Globally spreading His instruction, one click at a time!
[email protected]

PS - You may need Windows Media Player (PC) or Real Player (MAC) downloads to hear. Type either into your search window, and it will take you to the Player Download site.

So as you can see I've been busy, with more than just prayers ... Mine's is an active faith, because it is like fire shut up in my bones! ... And as you can also see religious leaders, then and now, can be God's main obstacle to what He desires ... And also as then, He still now employs the foolish of the world (like myself) to confound the wise, because of their pious egotistical natures ... I know this first hand, which is why I posted this in my first post:

Our area pastors can pray token prayers about such situations on Sunday's, or can even devote an entire service to the blessing and annointing of our children with oil in attempts from keeping them from being shot ... They can get together in they're carnal little political groups to rub elbows with our Mayor, and city council, at they're banquets and such, but they can't find time to get together and weep between the porch and the altar for any prolonged period of time, crying out to God in brokeness, till they hear from heaven ... No they just don't have enough time to do what's necessary for them to be able to call forth the solemn assemblies, that we may all get together and wail for the REVIVAL we so desperately need ... They've got time for every other solution under the sun but God's formula for the cleansing of the nation ...

The Lord has had me cease my overt activity, and quite frankly that has me somewhat concerned ... It feels like the "quiet before the storm" ... I've stated before that "either I'm blessed of His divine inclusion, or a poor miserable wretch under satanic illusion", and I don't think it the latter ... If in fact our Lord has intent to break out His revival in Philadelphia they ain't listening to His servant, and scripture also tells us what follows when this happens ... Amen

Matthew you posted:

((( By the way, if God ever releases you from your assignment in PA, you'd be very welcome here in AZ. )))

Thanks for the invite Bro. Matthew, but I'm an ocean nut and can never be to far from one!

2004/6/3 9:17Profile
Matthew2323

Colorado

Re: Philadelphia

Rahman,

Thank you for the post. I did not intent the comment to be flippant of Jonah-esque. It is all too easy for Christians to lose their focus, especially in a forum like this web page. It is easy to sit around and debate theology and politics and at the same time we forget to "fix our eyes on Jesus". It is too easy to listen to sermons about the terrible state of the Church and not let the Lord "search us and try us". It may not have been a message you needed to hear, but I'm sure some did. I can assure you, I do not possess the "let'em burn" attitude. I really was more interested in how God was working in you and what He had put on your heart in regards to the nation.

I too agree that America is sitting under the judgment of God in the form of a remedial judgment. I see two things. First, that although God has not entirely removed the hedge of protection from our country, 9/11 showed us that the Sovereign of the universe can and will do what is needed to get our attention. So, our physical protection is certainly in limbo. Secondly I see the Church in a state of spiritual drunkenness. This doctrine was formulated by Thomas Shepard in 1645.
[url=http://www.repent.org/articles/wine.html]Wine for Gospel Wantons[/url]

Here is a portion of a sermon from Richard Owen Roberts on the subject.

Quote:
Firstly..........The drunkard finds it impossible to walk steadily. Now I don't know what you do here, but in America when a man is arrested whilst driving - and arrested on suspicion of drunkenness - they require him to get out of the car and to walk along that yellow line that stretches along the side of the road. He gets out of the car saying, "I'll do that officer. I will. I will do that. I won't have any wo.......... any trub.......... any diffi.............any trouble whatsoever - let me just go ahead now - and I'll......I will show...yes I will show you how I can walk straight and have no difficulty whatsoever." My dear friends - if instead of being silly as I have sought to be - we ask soberly - can the church today walk the straight and narrow? We discover that the church is staggering around as if it were drunk! Do you know what I mean? Why the things that the church is involved in today you would say - how can they ever think such conduct would be pleasing to God. I go to churches to speak and it is hard - hard to get up and speak, because of the carnival that precedes the sermon. I mean the blaring of the horns and the stomping of the feet and the whistles and the pipes - I mean the whole thing is so raucous - I say how can they be thinking of worshipping God in a riotous atmosphere like this? And so gently you say to them, "This..............this is a bit much! I am wondering how you can think that this is worship!" And they look at you and they speak just like a drunkard. Did you ever try to rebuke a drunkard? Does the drunkard say, "Oh I am so grateful that at last somebody has rebuked me." No, at least not ever in my experience! So the first mark of the drunkard that I would mention to you, is this staggering about - this inability to walk the straight and the narrow. Now that may not grieve you, but I am immensely grieved when I watch the church today - and I see how unable it is to conform its ways to the straight and narrow ways of God.

[url=http://www.christian-bookshop.co.uk/free/glory.htm]Sermon Series[/url]

When you speak of a final judgment, did you mean the return of the Lord or the destruction of America?

The last sermon J. Edwin Orr preached was entitled, "Revival is Like Judgment Day". I believe this sermon is from 1987 and the Mr. Orr went to glory only days after preaching it. Here is a link to an audio file. I don't know if it can be made available on this site or not.
[url=http://www.jedwinorr.com/audio.htm]Revival is Like Judgment Day (Audio)[/url]

One of the sermons you listed was about the Solemn Assembly. Here is another resource.
[url=http://www.txdirect.net/~tgarner/solemn.htm]Solemn Assembly[/url]

Thanks again for your post. I was really curious to see how the Lord was working. A handful of men here in Phoenix meet every Thursday morning to pray, share and hold one another accountable. We have met for almost two years now. We started after hearing a Richard Owen Roberts sermon series about the baptism of fire. We then began to study that and seek the face of God for His empowering and ultimately revival (for ourselves first and then our nation). It seems a lot like where the Lord has you. That is encouraging!

God bless,
Matthew

PS California has a ocean!

2004/6/3 11:57Profile
Rahman

Re:Philadelphia

Matthew you posted:

((( I did not intent the comment to be flippant of Jonah-esque. It is all too easy for Christians to lose their focus, especially in a forum like this web page. It is easy to sit around and debate theology and politics and at the same time we forget to "fix our eyes on Jesus". It is too easy to listen to sermons about the terrible state of the Church and not let the Lord "search us and try us". It may not have been a message you needed to hear, but I'm sure some did. I can assure you, I do not possess the "let'em burn" attitude. I really was more interested in how God was working in you and what He had put on your heart in regards to the nation. )))

Praise God Bro. Matthew that was not your intent and please forgive me that I would even think it, but this news has caused me great distress and such a feeling of real negativity and dread ... This is one reason why I don't like posts because I can't hear voice inflection, or see facial expressions ... But SI just keeps drawing me back ... I did possess a "let em burn" attitude, in fact it was a good thing that I didn't have the ability to call down fire from heaven ... But in that scenario the Holy Spirit showed me that I'd have to be my first victim ... )))

Matthew you posted:

((( I too agree that America is sitting under the judgment of God in the form of a remedial judgment. I see two things. First, that although God has not entirely removed the hedge of protection from our country, 9/11 showed us that the Sovereign of the universe can and will do what is needed to get our attention. So, our physical protection is certainly in limbo. Secondly I see the Church in a state of spiritual drunkenness. )))

Bro. Matthew I think you're being kind by assigning "a state of drunkeness" to our Lord's Church ... Personally I think we're in deep sleep,
like Jonah, in the very bottom of the boat, oblivious to the tempest.

Matthew you posted:

((( Here is a portion of a sermon from Richard Owen Roberts on the subject.

Quote:

Did you ever try to rebuke a drunkard? Does the drunkard say, "Oh I am so grateful that at last somebody has rebuked me." No, at least not ever in my experience! So the first mark of the drunkard that I would mention to you, is this staggering about - this inability to walk the straight and the narrow. Now that may not grieve you, but I am immensely grieved when I watch the church today - and I see how unable it is to conform its ways to the straight and narrow ways of God. )))

Ha! ... Ha! .... have you ever tried to rouse someone who doesn't want to be awakened? ... They'll lash out at you physically, and attempt to hurt you! )))

Matthew you posted:

((( When you speak of a final judgment, did you mean the return of the Lord or the destruction of America? )))

Final judgment to me always means the beginning of Tribulation/Great tribulation and the culmination at the battle of Armageddon, even though I know that the final, final judgement takes place after our 1,000 year reign with Christ.

I will definitely listen to Bro. Orr's "Revival is Like Judgment Day" (Audio) ... I am greatly blessed by Bro. Orr's sermons )))

Matthew you posted:

((( Thanks again for your post. I was really curious to see how the Lord was working. A handful of men here in Phoenix meet every Thursday morning to pray, share and hold one another accountable. We have met for almost two years now. We started after hearing a Richard Owen Roberts sermon series about the baptism of fire. We then began to study that and seek the face of God for His empowering and ultimately revival (for ourselves first and then our nation). It seems a lot like where the Lord has you. That is encouraging! )))

Amen ... I've not been as successful here with brothers, although we do have a once a month prayer session (headed by a sister, and thank God for her) for REVIVAL at a church I taught the OT ... This has been going on for about a year but with very little growth, but where two or more are gathered together earnestly seeking His face - there He is also ... But on this coast, in this city, God has reached out with a person (me), in attempts to sit down and reason together with His annointed (preachers) ... What I have seen is that they don't want to awaken, because it's so much easier on them to keep on with the status quo ... I think it would be very difficult to "weep" between the porch and the altar if you've got no tears in the first place ... God is about to allow the necessary tears that our wickedness has brought upon ourselves ... I'll keep you guys in prayer! ... Amen )))

Matthew you posted:

((( God bless,
Matthew

PS California has a ocean! )))

Yes, and it also has earth quakes (even though I keep getting a sense that N.Y. may not be restricted from one itself) ... I've never been
to the West Coast, but have not been impressed by what seems such a lacadaisical life style out there ... Of course I can't judge it because I've never been there ... perhaps after the BIG ONE!

May our Lord richly bless and increase you in His mercy,

Rahman )))

2004/6/3 13:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy