SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Mormonism and Joel Osteen

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
HomeFree89

Indiana

Mormonism and Joel Osteen

I saw this on another forum so I'm putting it here. This isn't to smear or mock Joel Osteen, but to alert others to his dangerous theology

NEWS BRIEF: "Joel Osteen, Interviewed by Chris Wallace of Fox News, December 23, 2007

Transcript of this Interview

"WALLACE: And what about Mitt Romney? And I've got to ask you the question, because it is a question whether it should be or not in this campaign, is a Mormon a true Christian?

OSTEEN: Well, in my mind they are. Mitt Romney has said that he believes in Christ as his savior, and that's what I believe, so, you know, I'm not the one to judge the little details of it. So I believe they are. And so, you know, Mitt Romney seems like a man of character and integrity to me, and I don't think he would — anything would stop me from voting for him if that's what I felt like."

Not satisfied with Osteen's initial response, Wallace continues, taking a much stronger stand, one which is founded on more knowledge about Mormonism than Pastor Osteen evidently possesses!

"WALLACE: So, for instance, when people start talking about Joseph Smith, the founder of the church, and the golden tablets in upstate New York, and God assumes the shape of a man, do you not get hung up in those theological issues?

OSTEEN: I probably don't get hung up in them because I haven't really studied them or thought about them. And you know, I just try to let God be the judge of that. I mean, I don't know. I certainly can't say that I agree with everything that I've heard about it, but from what I've heard from Mitt, when he says that Christ is his savior, to me that's a common bond."

2007/12/26 10:53Profile
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

Re: Mormonism and Joel Osteen

2Pe 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2Pe 2:2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
2Pe 2:3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

Lord continue to protect those that are yours from these false teachers.

Blessings Greg

2007/12/26 11:02Profile
brentw

Ohio

Re:

Osteen again? go figure.

I think we've beat a dead horse long enough...that the horse is black and blue.

2007/12/26 11:08Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Quote:
but from what I've heard from Mitt, when he says that Christ is his savior, to me that's a common bond."

[u][b]James 2:19[/b][/u]

[i]You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble![/i]

2007/12/26 11:26Profile
psalm1

Re:

Untill Jesus comes we will in some form or another be ruled by man.
No country has a theocracy.
And when you get down to it all churches and believers are flawed and poisoned with the hand of man.
Read willim brannam's prophecy and then take a good look at hillary.
She will make mitt look like a gift from heaven.
Joel knows we will never have a theocracy. Most any of the democrats will destroy what little Godliness is left.

David

2007/12/26 12:19Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Friends, not at all to be contrary here, but hoping to offer more perspective, if I could share this, that love

"thinks no evil"

Ignorance isn't nescessarily to be commended.

But neither is it good to look for evil, or to dig it up?

Love thinks no evil brothers. Could we say it does not look for it either?

2007/12/26 12:34Profile

Re:

Quote:
Friends, not at all to be contrary here, but hoping to offer more perspective, if I could share this, that love

"thinks no evil"

Ignorance isn't nescessarily to be commended.

But neither is it good to look for evil, or to dig it up?

Love thinks no evil brothers. Could we say it does not look for it either?

ChrisJD,

I think Christians need to stop feeling beat over the head with that false guilt feeling that we are to LOVE the enemies of the Faith. We are not, and that is not what 1st Corinthians 13 is about, or Love for that matter.

If your wife was seeing another man, would you just smile and " THINK NO EVIL"? Hardly.

How is one to warn the wicked, and think no Evil at eh same time...it's impossible.

This is the same tactic used to run off all the troublemakers?????? from Rick Warren's Church....you know the truth tellers just aren't loving enough...let's get them out of here so we can all get along....????

We're talking about false doctrine, and those who promote false doctrine.

Anyone who takes a secret oath, whether Masons, Mormons or those in Skull and Bones or any other secret soviety claiming to be Christians are totally dis-obedient to scripture.l

Paul said it is a shame to even mention what they do in Secret. Well if it's that bad, then we need to come out from among them and not participate in their SIN.

Love in Christ
Katy-Did

2007/12/26 13:45
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi Katy-Did,

Thank you for your response.

Katy, you said

"Paul said it is a shame to even mention what they do in Secret."

Neither is it good to look for evil, or to dig it up.

Chris

2007/12/26 14:11Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: gold tried in the fire

When I was very newly converted I was participating on a message boards and during one of the discussions someone asked me,something to the effect:

"have you bought gold from Him, tried in the fire?"

Looking back I think it was an appropriate question. Maybe also if we are always looking at the dimness of others.

2007/12/26 14:26Profile
broclint

West Monroe, LA

Re: dig it up

ChrisJD

Could you explain what you mean by:

quote: Neither is it good to look for evil, or to dig it up.

I cannot quite follow what you mean here nor about whom you are refering... is it Joel or Mitt?

Either way:

Perhaps it is not a matter of looking for and digging up but “discerning”. And on that subject the Word is very clear:
Psalms 97:10 (KJV) 10 Ye that love the LORD, hate evil: he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked.

Amos 5:15 (NKJV) 15 Hate evil, love good; Establish justice in the gate. It may be that the LORD God of hosts Will be gracious to the remnant of Joseph.

Joseph in this case representing Israel who had gone astray for so long because of compromise with evil and were in danger of severe judgments… that should sound familiar…

1 Corinthians 5:6 (NKJV) 6Your glorying is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump?

Galatians 5:9 - 10 (NKJV) 9A little leaven leavens the whole lump. 10I have confidence in you, in the Lord, that you will have no other mind; but he who troubles you shall bear his judgment, whoever he is.

Just agreed with you on another thread, but cannot see your point on this one:-( .

Clint

Quote:

ChrisJD wrote:
When I was very newly converted I was participating on a message boards and during one of the discussions someone asked me,something to the effect:

"have you bought gold from Him, tried in the fire?"

Looking back I think it was an appropriate question. Maybe also if we are always looking at the dimness of others.

2007/12/26 14:50Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy