SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Scientists inscribe entire Bible on head of a pin

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Scientists inscribe entire Bible on head of a pin

[u][b]Scientists inscribe entire Bible on head of a pin[/b][/u]

Israelis use particle beam to make what could be smallest Old Testament

[img]http://msnbcmedia3.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photo_StoryLevel/071223/071223-tinybible-vmed-4p.widec.jpg[/img]

JERUSALEM - Israeli scientists have inscribed the entire Hebrew text of the Jewish Bible onto a space less than half the size of grain of sugar.

The nanotechnology experts at the Technion institute in Haifa say the text measures less than 0.01 square inch surface. They chose the Jewish Bible to highlight how vast quantities of information can be stored in minimum amounts of space.

"It took us about an hour to etch the 300,000 words of the Bible onto a tiny silicon surface," Ohad Zohar, the university's scientific adviser for educational programs, told the Associated Press.

The Technion's microscopic bible was created by blasting tiny particles called gallium ions at an object that then rebounded, causing an etching affect.

"When a particle beam is directed toward a point on the surface, the gold atoms bounce off and expose the silicon layer underneath just like a hammer and chisel," Zohar said.

Zohar said the technology will in the future be used as a way to store vast amounts of data on bio-molecules and DNA.

The tiny Bible appears to be the world's smallest.

The previous smallest known copy of the Bible measured 1.1 x 1.3 x 0.4 inches, weighing 0.4 ounces and containing 1,514 pages, according to Guinness World Records spokeswoman Amarilis Espinoza. The tiny text, obtained by an Indian professor in November 2001, is believed to have originated in Australia.

2007/12/23 23:18
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: Scientists inscribe entire Bible on head of a pin

I wonder if they will make a newberry in this format ? :-P

hows things brother?

Christian

2007/12/24 0:32Profile

hmmhmm:

Quote:
I wonder if they will make a newberry in this format ? :-P

Ya but i would still need help. :-?

Quote:
hows things brother?

Ok i guess, will just be glad when the holidays are over. :-(

2007/12/24 0:41
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

i understand brother, this is a hard time for many. I can remember some horrible holidays in my past life, filled with loneliness and drugs. For me it is a season of remembrance what Christ has done, more then usually

edit: and yes :-) help with that bible is always appreciated :-P starting to figure out some of the things

2007/12/24 1:14Profile
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

Time to get my glasses changed again if I am going to read it.

Blessings Greg

2007/12/24 1:34Profile
theopenlife

Re:

With a syringe, anyone can now have the word permanently hidden in their heart... kind of... ;-)

2007/12/24 2:34Profile

The more i think about this and look at the picture the more i think of, why? Whats the reason and purpose of these scientists doing this. Whats to come of it ? Just thinking out loud.

2007/12/25 3:01
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
The more i think about this and look at the picture the more i think of, why? Whats the reason and purpose of these scientists doing this. Whats to come of it ? Just thinking out loud.

I wondered, too...ya reckon they just didn't have anything else to do that day? or, maybe, they wanted to impress the world with their expertise?

On the serious note, this technology IS scarey if they were to impose it upon innocent persons. On the national security scale, how could any government prevent spying, the stealing of important documents if it can be imbedded on such a tiny particle?

Think I will be content to live in rural Mississippi which is a lllooonnnggg ways from such high fallutin (sp?) technology.

ginnyrose

2007/12/28 9:36Profile

ginnyrose:

Quote:
I wondered, too...ya reckon they just didn't have anything else to do that day? or, maybe, they wanted to impress the world with their expertise?

:-P

Quote:
On the serious note, this technology IS scarey if they were to impose it upon innocent persons.

What do you mean by "impose"? Like heading to the mark of the beast or something like that? Sorry to be slow on this, just blame it on old age here. Could you go into more depth of an explanation? You know at first glance at this you think wow awesome but like i said the more i thought about this and looked at the picture of it i had a bad feeling about it all but can't explain it, just a gut feeling that it's going to be used possibly for bad down the road than for good.

P.S. Good to hear from you again friend ;-)

2007/12/28 11:55
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Nice refreshing thread here it's like a big tall ice cold glass of my green tea, right after mowing the yard in a Houston on a 100 degree day in the summer.
wished we had more like this here. :-)

2007/12/28 12:00Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy