SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Britain has become a 'Catholic country'

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Britain has become a 'Catholic country'

[b]Britain has become a 'Catholic country'[/b]

Roman Catholics have overtaken Anglicans as the country's dominant religious group. More people attend Mass every Sunday than worship with the Church of England, figures seen by The Sunday Telegraph show.

This means that the established Church has lost its place as the nation's most popular Christian denomination after more than four centuries of unrivalled influence following the Reformation.
Last night, leading figures gave warning that the Church of England could become a minority faith and that the findings should act as a wake-up call. ...

read more: http://www.telegraph.co.uk

2007/12/23 15:59Profile

Re: Britain has become a 'Catholic country'

Quote:

:-o

America next?

2007/12/23 16:36
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

The rise of Catholicism has been bolstered by an influx of immigrants from eastern Europe.

The Anglican church is born out of a Kings lust. Do we need a church with a pope as the head no. A church with the Queen as the head no.

No we need Jesus to build his church......

Oh is it going to be great when God arises in our land again.

"Great God, give me the UK, or I die." :-x :-x

2007/12/23 18:08Profile

Re:

And the Archbishop is a druid.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/2172918.stm

I wonder when we'll realize that we're living in "those days". :-(

2007/12/24 13:48

Re:

Quote:

murrcolr wrote:

The rise of Catholicism has been bolstered by an influx of immigrants from eastern Europe.

The Anglican church is born out of a Kings lust. Do we need a church with a pope as the head no. A church with the Queen as the head no.

No we need Jesus to build his church......

Oh is it going to be great when God arises in our land again.

"Great God, give me the UK, or I die." :-x :-x

There is still a remnant there in the UK. The Noahs there are saying it gonna rain, translated now days, get in the ark (Jesus) it gonna be fire this time.

2008/1/2 12:53
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

I was just considering that Christ's never counted on numbers to win the battle. He picked 12 peasants. Gideon was told to take 300 men against a force numbering in the thousdands. Whatever the size of our church Jesus is already victorious.

2008/1/2 14:11Profile

Re:

Quote:
America next?

Well, we went back to *lent*, purely a Catholic Traditional something, sometime after WWII ( edited). Now I hear about Protestant confession :-o I'm not surprised, and I'm sure we are more then next.

We now have Christian and Mormons Together so we're going to be seeing more then just going back to Rome for a Holiday.

The issues here in America are MORALS, not Calvary...so once everyone is whipped into shape, who will need personal salvation? :-?

Love in Christ
Katy-Did

PS: Added,

And as bus loads of thousands upon thousands of Protestants were taken to see Mel Gibson's Passion (of which many Catholic Priests objected to) to see the "STATIONS OF THE CROSS", and the extra Biblical *Marian* Emphasis, without objection....yep, we're not next...we simply are.

2008/1/2 16:05

Re:

http://www.christianpost.com/article/20070130/25500_Bono%5C's_Songs_Replacing_Hymnals_in_Churches.htm

I thought this was an interesting article.

Katy-Did

2008/1/2 18:17

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy