Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Rebuilding the Walls

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Rebuilding the Walls

Matthew 18:16-17

16But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.

[b][color=0000FF]17And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: [/color][/b]

2007/12/21 10:32

Re: Church Discipline

Do you think the church is one or many groups of churches? The church is one and should be treated as one body.

Matthew 18:16-17 does have a purpose.

2007/12/21 10:37

Re:

In case anyone was wondering this has to do with a thread that was locked.

2007/12/21 10:48
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

So are we supposed to re-open for discussions threads the the SI Mods. locked? I don't understand were your going with this.

2007/12/21 11:56Profile

Re:

Actually I do think it should be reopened but I am not the one to do that and I have no intention of reopening it or discussing it unless it is reopened.

If we were not to discuss anytning that goes on in the church as a whole than atleast 90% of the threads on this board would have to be locked.

I have to obey the Lord and when there is something that I feel the Lord wants me to share I will share it. You can delete my account or do whatever you want to do that is between the moderators and the Lord. I am not trying to be unkind here but that's the way that it is.

Just make sure your hearing from God because were all accountable aren't we?

I would discuss this further but I have to go to work.

2007/12/21 13:40
brentw

Ohio

Re:

If your referring to Joel Osteen thread I really dont care because I am sick of seeing and hearing about him here...I think some talk about Joel more than Jesus.

2007/12/21 16:08Profile

Re:

Quote:

brentw wrote:
If your referring to Joel Osteen thread I really dont care because I am sick of seeing and hearing about him here...I think some talk about Joel more than Jesus.

No, I'm not talking about Joel Olsteen. I'm talking about being accountable for each other that we are in fellowship with. I don't know Joel Olsteen.

2007/12/21 20:01
poet

Longview WA

Re:

I believe the whole purpose of confronting a brother in christ is to bring them back into right fellowship with, Christ, and the fellow brethren.
When we dont do this it causes many problems.
But the whole purpose again is to properly restore someone to fellowship.
Accountability is a good thing.
I dont know about the thread that was blocked, but pointing out someone's elses ministry can be hairy, And not very edifying, there is a fine line between warning someone about a ministry and plain gossiping...
This happened to me,, a pastor was out of line.
I pointed it out...
but not correctly...
I should have confronted the man face to face.
And not talk about it to other people.
Let people discover for themselves error, as the spirit reveals it to them...
I could have done Romans. 16:17
without trying to drag other people into the frey...that is how churches usually split apart when people who werent privy to the situation were being blessed by a ministry until the rest of the discontents kept shouting from the rooftops making sure all would see the dirty laundry, thus hurting a ministry and not being able to give the man time to repent...
That is how it go's...
God bless.

2007/12/21 21:53Profile

Re:

Quote:

poet wrote:
I believe the whole purpose of confronting a brother in christ is to bring them back into right fellowship with, Christ, and the fellow brethren.
When we dont do this it causes many problems.
But the whole purpose again is to properly restore someone to fellowship.
Accountability is a good thing.
I dont know about the thread that was blocked, but pointing out someone's elses ministry can be hairy, And not very edifying, there is a fine line between warning someone about a ministry and plain gossiping...
This happened to me,, a pastor was out of line.
I pointed it out...
but not correctly...
Let people discover for themselves error, as the spirit reveals it to them...
I could have done Romans. 16:17
without trying to drag other people into the frey...that is how churches usually split apart when people who werent privy to the situation were being blessed by a ministry until the rest of the discontents kept shouting from the rooftops making sure all would see the dirty laundry, thus hurting a ministry and not being able to give the man time to repent...
That is how it go's...
God bless.

Amen, I've been guilty of this before too. Matthew 18 spells it out pretty clearly though. Where we have to be careful is where it says "if he shall neglect to hear them.." We have to just use discernment here and make sure they have time to rethink things and than you tell it to the church. Also who and how is it effecting others and to what degree. For instance if you have a cult member teaching other christians.

Matthew 18:16-17

16But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.

17And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church:

Christians too need to understand the difference between gossip and trying to protect other members of the body of Christ. Matthew 18 is there for a reason but like you said you have to be careful.

2007/12/21 22:07
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

glorytoglory wrote:
I think some talk about Joel more than Jesus.

If not Joel sure is running a very close second.:-)

poet, That was a "very" powerful statement thank you
very much for your, humble, honest,and sincere words.

This is a very powerful statement:

2007/12/21 22:25Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy