SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Old Puritan Readings by Paul West

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Old Puritan Readings by Paul West

[img]http://www.visionforum.com/resources/images/product/59700_l.jpg[/img]

Saints,

I have gotten up some old puritan readings by Paul West. This is the beta stages of a project at sermonindex that we are praying about developing, a good repository and podcast of puritan readings (small devotional clips).

I would love to hear what you think about these readings so far, for the future readings we will probably try to utilize a professional sound recording system for the voice enhancement, even though brother paul west has done a tremendous job with laymans tools and voice recorders.

[b]What a Monster! - Charles Spurgeon (read by Paul West)[/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=16302&commentView=itemComments

[b]I Saw One Hanging on a Tree - John Newton (read by Paul West)[/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=16303&commentView=itemComments

[b]Why Christ Offends Men - Charles Spurgeon (read by Paul West)[/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=16304&commentView=itemComments

2007/12/19 0:28Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: Old Puritan Readings by Paul West

This is wonderful! this makes me "jump for joy", Brother Paul does a good job to, for me this quality is good enough, it is better then some of the other audio readings out there. Looking forward to some more!

God bless you

2007/12/19 3:10Profile
Compton

Re:

Terrific idea.

Hoorah for your unction and effort to do this. In the past year I've become a fan of the podcast...in many ways it has the portability of radio but more permanence.

If I may suggest, you might consider lengthening these just a bit more. I found that my no sooner was my mind getting settled into the devotional stream that the podcast was over without warning!

A few technical notes...
1) Consider a few seconds of intro music to also help focus the mind towards the message, and a quick outro as well to punctuate the thought.

2) Consider having a brief 3-5 second introductory greeting for the same reason as the music, as well as to build recognition with your listeners. It is going to be a comfort to listeners once you quickly establish minimum 'brand' familiarity. Since the material is public domain, and the internet is anonymous, anyone could be producing these podcasts. If you can build beyond mere curiosity into trust, this podcast can become a regular habit to listeners. Establishing a familiar cue at the onset of every message will help build recognition with lasting equity over time.

3) No doubt, as you demonstrate from the outstanding job you do with Sermon Index's interface and graphic consistency, a consistent visual identity in itunes, video ipods, and for rss links, will also contribute to building confidence and recognition admidst the internet's cluttered landscape.

Excellent job gents. I believe there is much potential in this idea.

MC

(edit: I've just seen the packaging treatment you've given the Revival Conference podcast. Once again, your doing a first rate job Greg. Take my comments regarding the beta of this new podcast with a grain of salt then...you are probably 10 steps ahead of what you've shown us so far.)

2007/12/19 8:12Profile
ravenmolehil

North Carolina, US

Great Idea!!!
((Can we get a peek at the to-do list.))
Thanks Again

2007/12/19 8:24Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

[i]Ah![/i] Tremendous!

Just seeing this put such a broad smile upon my face ... This is not the first time I have heard our brother speaking and what was first noticed was the often unfortunate manner of some audio books, perhaps through no real fault or intent of their own, but they are often a read in a very deadpan or just straight ... seemingly lifeless way.

But this is no dry reading! We could almost turn this title around a bit to say;

"Readings by an Old Puritan Heart, Paul West" ;-)

Greatly looking forward to this ... What a grand idea and undertaking, Praise God!

2007/12/19 8:34Profile
Compton

Re:

Quote:
"Readings by an Old Puritan Heart, Paul West"

This is true. :-)

2007/12/19 8:42Profile
ravenmolehil

North Carolina, US

Re:

Quote:

crsschk wrote:
[i]Ah![/i] Tremendous!

Just seeing this put such a broad smile upon my face ... This is not the first time I have heard our brother speaking and what was first noticed was the often unfortunate manner of some audio books, perhaps through no real fault or intent of their own, but they are often a read in a very deadpan or just straight ... seemingly lifeless way.

But this is no dry reading! We could almost turn this title around a bit to say;

"Readings by an Old Puritan Heart, Paul West" ;-)

Greatly looking forward to this ... What a grand idea and undertaking, Praise God!

Yes,
As good as Max McLean is, I have never heard the brokeness in readings such was displayed in (Saw One Hanging on a Tree ),
If a studio setting takes that awake, I'll take a minor loss of quality...

2007/12/19 8:44Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: An Old Puritan heart

Like your suggestions MC and am unashamedly jumping the gun here a bit, my reaction was the same as Christians (hmmhmm) my heart 'jumped for joy' just to see this. Timing couldn't have been better as I have a drive up into the city today and will be able to draw off all of this marrow.

Quote:
As good as Max McLean is, I have never heard the brokeness in readings such was displayed in (Saw One Hanging on a Tree ),
If a studio setting takes that awake, I'll take a minor loss of quality...

:-) Love Max, one of the best Christmas gifts I ever received, his reading of the scriptures.

As MC noted, 'unction' that profound expression, not something that can be worked up but that which cut's through. I am certainly with you being more fond of the 'grass root-ness' of SI and probably a bit too fussy about it at times, can see where some more depth (thinking stereo wise or in equalization) would give this all .. well a bit more [i]depth[/i] in sound.

The content hasn't even been touched on yet, looking forward to it.

2007/12/19 9:39Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
A few technical notes...
1) Consider a few seconds of intro music to also help focus the mind towards the message, and a quick outro as well to punctuate the thought.

2) Consider having a brief 3-5 second introductory greeting for the same reason as the music, as well as to build recognition with your listeners. It is going to be a comfort to listeners once you quickly establish minimum 'brand' familiarity. Since the material is public domain, and the internet is anonymous, anyone could be producing these podcasts. If you can build beyond mere curiosity into trust, this podcast can become a regular habit to listeners. Establishing a familiar cue at the onset of every message will help build recognition with lasting equity over time.

3) No doubt, as you demonstrate from the outstanding job you do with Sermon Index's interface and graphic consistency, a consistent visual identity in itunes, video ipods, and for rss links, will also contribute to building confidence and recognition admidst the internet's cluttered landscape.

Excellent suggestions.

2007/12/19 10:25Profile
ravenmolehil

North Carolina, US

Re:

Bump

2007/12/20 9:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy