SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Things of Good Report ~ Chambers

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Things of Good Report ~ Chambers

[b]Things of a Good Report[/b]

[i]Philippians 4:8[/i]

When we do think about the things of good report we shall be astonished to realize where they are to be found; they are found where we only expected to find the opposite. When our eyes are fixed on Jesus Christ we begin to see qualities blossoming in the lives of others that we never saw there before. We see people whom we have tabooed and put on the other side exhibiting qualities we have never exhibited, although we call ourselves saved and sanctified.

Never look for other people to be holy; it is a cruel thing to do, it distorts your view of yourself and of others. Could anyone have had a sterner view of sin than Jesus had, and yet had anyone a more loving tender patience with the worst of men than He had? The difference in the attitude is that Jesus Christ never expected men to be holy; He knew they could not be: He came to make men holy. All He asks of men is that they acknowledge they are not right, then He will do all the rest.

~Oswald Chambers
[i]Still Higher For His Highest[/i]

2007/12/18 18:38
HIServant

Re: Things of Good Report ~ Chambers

Amen and amen! GOD has shown me numerous times through remembrance...that HE's not looking for worthy people since it is HIS sacrifice at Calvary which makes us worthy. HE's looking for WILLING people and HIS eyes scour the hearts of men...looking for those who are bent towards HIM!

2007/12/18 21:53Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy