SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Anyone have this? Slaying the Dragon

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
dyunchan

Anyone have this? Slaying the Dragon

I think the links are dead. Anyone have the sermon? I would love to hear this and share it with a friend.

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=16818&forum=35&start=0&viewmode=flat&order=0
slaying the dragon

2007/12/18 18:16Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Anyone have this? Slaying the Dragon

Hi,

I was asked by the Way of the Master Radio to take this down from the internet. This is one of the products they sell and it is well worth buying.

You can buy it here for $5:
http://www.livingwaters.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=356&Category_Code=Audios

2007/12/18 18:59Profile
SimpleLiving

Minnesota, USA

Re:

If what they have is so powerful and has the ability to end this bondage for men, how could they [i]sell[/i] it? I don't understand that at all!

I'd be screaming it from the housetops and delivering it for free from door to door! I'd provide so many free links to it on the internet that people couldn't go anywhere without see it!

Why sell it? That doesn't sit right with me.

2008/1/21 23:37Profile
HopeinChrist

Re:

Quote:
I don't understand that at all!

ditto. I have heard pastors proclaim they are preaching a word from the Lord, not just a mere sermon worked up from their flesh. Yet they want to sell it?? Seems to me if it's an intellectual word go ahead and sell it. If it's revelatory, how could you sell what is not yours? But such is the day and hour in which we live.
Hope

2008/1/22 6:46Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Why shouldn't they charge? What are they supposed to live on, hot air?

If we get paid for the jobs we do, whether secular of otherwise, then why not get paid.

Problem is, many Christians are so miserly and want something for nothing.

They are asking for the money to keep the ministry going, so I assume.

Would it be better that the ministry shut down because of lack of money? How the enemy would love that! And wants it.

Funny how the world can ask for double what the Church asks for, and gets it.

People will sell their souls to get the drugs they want, but Christians start to complain when and ministry asks for a miserable $5.00.

Well, the fact is, even if the our money doesn't go to a ministry, someone will get it.

It's just a matter of who.

God bless.

2008/1/22 6:55Profile
HopeinChrist

Re:

The man of God should be honored monetarily as well as in other ways. However there is a difference in paying a pastor so he can live and support his family and directly charging x dollars for a word that has potential to set captives free. There really are Christians as well as unbelievers who do not have $5 for a CD. Do you think a pastor who is already being paid a generous salary to pray, study, preach and minister to a local body should then be allowed also to sell those sermons to provide himself with a second stream of income?
Hope

2008/1/23 23:54Profile
BrianPaul

Moorpark, CA

Re:

I was reading both views on whether they should charge or not, and both points of view sound good. how about this ill give 5 bucks to buy the sermon if you want it. P.m. me and ill give you the money.

2008/1/24 0:54Profile
PassingThru

Re:

Quote:
What are they supposed to live on, hot air?

It is every Christian's duty to ensure they sustain those that minister.

On the other hand Hudson Taylor, George Muller and Keith Green all came to the conclusion that it is wrong to charge for ministry.

They placed their trust directly in God and made their petitions to Him alone and God was faithful.

Jesus promises that if we put the Kingdom of God first, the remainder will be added to us.

Preventing the free circulation of electronic media on the Internet so a price tag can be put on it, is putting the remainder before God's Kingdom. If this is the vision of those who produced the work, I doubt it contains anything I want.

If a ministry needs to close down for lack of funds, it was out of touch with it's Owner.

PassingThru

* edit - corrected grammar.

2008/1/24 6:51Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
I was reading both views on whether they should charge or not, and both points of view sound good. how about this ill give 5 bucks to buy the sermon if you want it. P.m. me and ill give you the money.

Brian, I love your attitude! This makes my day!

ginnyrose

2008/1/24 6:57Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy