SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : How is everyone doing...spiritually??

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

I too have been away from this site for a number of months. Just the last two or three days I have been "listening in" here and there. I felt I needed to stop my involvement here some months back because I found myself entering into things in the different forums that I am convicted are not front and centre to what God has in His heart in this hour. This is such an important hour in the purposes of God. We cannot afford the luxury of engaging our own ideas and interests and topics. We MUST hear from God Himself. And so, "If any man speak let him speak as the oracles of God."

So these forums for me... it was a humbling, breaking experience. And I am thankful for this, though I know the work is far from complete even yet. Oh, how we all need to seek God in this hour!

How am I doing spiritually, then? Not very well, I think. I don't feel I measure up to what this hour is callling for. This is a very difficult hour we are living in, for all the peoples of the world, and therefore it is a very critical hour in which to be a Christian, for we are to be the outshining of God's Answer to a world in darkness.

And I feel we are far from this. I certainly know I am far from this. Oh, that God would impart to us the grace we need in this hour to "be on the same page" with Him, and so, serve Him acceptably with reverence and godly fear.

How I long for a deeper relationship and communion with our Lord Jesus Christ. My soul longeth for Thee, Lord, in a dry and thirsty land where no water is. Thou knowest my foolishness, and my sins are not hid from Thee. Open the Fountain again, Lord. Bring us all to brokenness, Lord, we who love Your Name. We want to be to the honour of Your Name, and a Praise to Thee in the earth... when sadly all too often Your Name is blasphemed among our neighbours because of us. Have mercy upon us! Have mercy upon Your own Name!

...I just want to add how comforted I was in reading Lori's message, and also Krispy's. Dear brother Krispy, this is a face in you that I didn't know was there, and I greatly appreciated seeing it. This ministered to me. Thank you. And may the Lord bless you and be with you in your seeking.

And may the Lord bless you all in the coming year as we set our faces earnestly to give ourselves to Him with abandon for HIs own Name's sake, for the glory of His Name.

AD

2007/12/18 22:32Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
Maybe I'm just getting older. Being the young fiery "prophet" who tells everyone off isn't as appealing as it used to be.

If I tell someone off I want it to be motivated by love, and not my pride over being right.

Anyway... Merry Christmas to you too!

Krispy

Brother be real careful in your changing, God needs all of us and our unique ways, I can probably relate to you better than most here because I am so much like you, so Brother don't beat yourself up to bad.

I think you have a wonderful spiritual personality and I would hate to have to pick up were you leave off if you do a 180, because "someone" here must carry on that Krispy personality, you might be surprised just how much you do minister to folks here just the way you are. :-)
Your Brother In Christ,
Mr. Bill

2007/12/18 23:10Profile

Re:

Bill... I dont know that I would say I am "changing". I'm just coming to grips with the fact that at times I do love to argue. And at times that is my motivation, and it shouldnt be. I'm aware that a lot folks here are blessed by some of the things I say and share on this forum. I get PM's of encouragement all the time. (I also get angry ones too sometimes)

My main point is that I want to be sure that my actions on this site are ALWAYS motivated by love. We can contend earnestly for the truth and at the same time do it out of love... but some times I contend earnestly for the truth because I love to earnestly contend. I do it with referees all the time when I'm coaching football... lol. (And I have the yellow flags to proove it:-))

I want to find the balance.

And a hiatus isnt a "leaving"... it's a break. I've taken breaks before because I was upset, or discourage by the direction of the forum. But this is different.

First off, as stated, come January I fully expect to be covered up in new projects and I simply am not going to have time to write much. In fact, I expect that if I spend much time writing on here it will interfere with my time with the Lord.

So it seems there is a season of time coming up where a hiatus to dig in deep with the Lord will fit in nicely.

And the only reason I bring it up is because if I go a week or so without writing something on this forum I get loaded with PM's from folks wondering where I am... so this is just to let folks know ahead of time.

Krispy

2007/12/19 7:41
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Good explanation and Brother I would support you in whatever you feel spiritually you need to do, you have always been a wonderful friend to me here and understood me better than probably most anyone here. Well I Pray your desires and goals will be met in the New Year to yours and Gods expectations, take care buddy and be Blessed.
Brother Bill.

2007/12/19 10:40Profile

Re:

I havent signed off yet! I'm not planning on curtailing my appearances on here until some time after the New Year.

And you've always been a good friend and brother to me too... for an Osteen-head! ;-)

By the way, Bill... y'all can have David Carr back. I'll even buy his train ticket back to Houston. What a dud he turned out to be. He'd be a decent QB if he'd learn to take a hit like a man and stop running away from the DB's! I think he ran more yards backwards this year than he passed forward! And he cant blame the offensive line in Carolina either (like he did in Houston) cuz Carr got himself sacked more in ONE game than Testeverde did in all the games he played this season. Carr's problem isnt the line... his problem is he's scared. No room for that kind of fear on the football field. He needs to reconsider his career options... become a hair stylist or something.

Cant wait till Delhomme is healthy again.

Krispy

2007/12/19 10:57

Re:

Bro Krispy

I don't agree with you in all things but I love crossing swords with you even when we do disagree. Because there is humility, humour and willingness to listen to other points of view.

And, however hot and strong you come over, there never seems to be any venom in it.

Please don't go away!

Jeannette

2007/12/19 18:53

Re:

Hi Jeanette... dont worry, I'm not "going away", just gonna take a little break. Even Jesus had to get away to be alone with the Father. Thats really all I'm doing.

And thanks for your words of encouragement. I try to make sure people know that I dont hate them just because we may disagree. There have been several on here that to an outsider it may have appeared that there was no love loss... but I can safely say that has never been the case.

Anyone remember Neil? He and I went at it quite a bit, and at times I did step over the line in conversations with him... but he and I forged out a friendship anyway thru many PM's. I love that guy... and even miss him.

Jim and I have butted heads too, but again, he and I have spoken privately behind the scenes, and he and I have really come to understand each other much better.

Unfortunately a lot is lost when we're just reading other peoples words. We all tend to read things into it... and then we end up drawing the wrong conclusions.

In reality I'm about the most outgoing, funny guy you'd wanna meet. My wife calls me a "social butterfly", and I usually end up the center of attention at gatherings. Not saying that to brag... just trying to point out that at times folks on here have developed this perception of me as being old (I just turned 40), being cooped up in a church study somewhere (nope... I'm an outdoors kinda person), and being crabby. I'm not any of those things.

Krispy

2007/12/20 7:57

Re:

Quote:

LoveHim wrote:
dear mike,

it's nice to see you on here too. i took a good break from the site because of being very busy with school, but it was nice to see some familiar names as well. i'm doing good, but there is always so much room for improvement. just gotta keep focused on Him right?? anyways, you have a good christmas and new year as well.

take care,
phil

Thanks, I too have taken a break. I still find myself not on SI that much lately.

Merry Christmas
Mike

2007/12/23 9:19
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
Paul says we should take heed, and examine ourselves.

1 Cor. 10:12
Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

1 Tim. 4:16
Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

Hebrews 3:12
Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.

I guess the real test comes in what we use to examine ourselves against; the Lord Jesus Christ, His word and the example He gave us to follow or something other.

If we are using the Lord and His word as our example to follow, then:

Romans 8:37
Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

If we can say as Paul:

Philip. 3:8-12
Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, [9] And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: [10] That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; [11] If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead. [12] Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

How am I doing spiritually? I’m taking heed and seeking to know Him more; some days better than others.

Philip. 3:13-14
Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, [14] I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Acts 17:28
For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

To this I can say "AMEN!"

On the practical level where the rubber meets the road, I must say this past year has been rough for me. Dad died this spring, leaving a major hope unfulfilled in my life. He has gone on to be with the LORD and I am so thankful for his witness and testimony he had in his family, his church and the community.

Then there are loved ones outside the fold of Christ which brings a lot of grief. When one considers that Jesus coming may be anytime, this creates an urgency from which there is no release - if you believe in the Word of God. But you must rest and trust in Him, knowing he knows all about it.

Then there is this reality that I am getting older - did not say [i]old[/i], just older :-P . My grandfather used to say he used to think that as one gets older life would become easier but has discovered this is not the case: the devil knows his time with you is getting less and has limited time to get you so he makes life harder for you. I know whereof he speaks.

So, the problem for me is weariness. I get weary, the temptation of allowing my love to grow cold is very real because iniquity abounds [i]everywhere[/i] and you wonder sometimes "what is the use to pray, to care, to speak, to be concerned?" The church is in great apostasy...

In the meantime, He has given me opportunites to serve him in ways I never before dreamed. He has given me interests that occupy me which I delight in. For example, I am now in my second year teaching juniors is Sunday School. This is highly unusual because it has only been in recent years that I even wanted to teach children. Now I am enjoying it emmensely - never dreamed this to be possible! And there are other things - will not detail these except to say that as long as you have a healthy mind one is never to old learn and do new things. Actually, it is like as though God is on a fast tract to teach me that one is never too old but that he provides skills needed to perform his work...

Blessed be the name of the LORD!

ginnyrose

2007/12/26 23:16Profile

Re:

People say that I am spiritual, kindhearted and always happy. I can sincerely say, I have no idea what they are talking about.

How am I doing spiritually? I have no idea. I'll have to take a cue from Jeannette, "Ask the LORD".

An interesting question to ask, but somewhat depressing because no one really knows the answer. We all think we should be "in that place" whatever "place" that is. It's a constant striving that literally drowns you in condemnation because you can never seem to get to that "place". I can't even rest in the fact that I am saved. My current strivings is just to get away from what everyone thinks a Christian should be doing and just rest.

After writing what I have written, I suppose I can say that my spiritual condition would be that of a tiresome "Sigh".

God Bless everyone in 2008.

2007/12/27 9:32

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy