SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : How is everyone doing...spiritually??

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

How is everyone doing...spiritually??

Haven't seen some familiar faces in awhile, wondering how all is doing?

Wish you all a Merry Christmas.

Mike

2007/12/18 6:16
rowdy2

Southern USA

Re: How is everyone doing...spiritually??

Merry Christmas To you and thanks to our Heavenly Father for salvation.

2007/12/18 9:09Profile

I've been around quite a lot, should be writing Christmas cards :-(.

How am I doing spiritually? Dunno, better ask Him :-D

A friend was praying for me some years ago, when I was spiritually in a real muddle. She said to the Lord, I just don't know where Jeannette [i]is[/i]. He answered, "That's OK, as long as she knows where [i][b]I[/b][/i] am!"

:lol:

Jeannette

2007/12/18 10:22
LoveHim

Indiana, US

dear mike,

it's nice to see you on here too. i took a good break from the site because of being very busy with school, but it was nice to see some familiar names as well. i'm doing good, but there is always so much room for improvement. just gotta keep focused on Him right?? anyways, you have a good christmas and new year as well.

take care,
phil

2007/12/18 13:01Profile

Re:

I'm here... and I think I'm doing alright. I'm always cautious about saying "oh, spiritually I'm doing good!" ... cuz when I survey myself I realize I'm a long ways from where I should be.

I'm considering taking a hiatus from the forum for a bit after the New Year. Several reasons. My workload has been slow this month (pretty typical) but I am anticipating a real pick up in January. Also, I really want to seek the Lord's face more about why I am here writing on this anyway. What are my motives? Is it to fellowship and grow along with others... or is it to debate, argue and win fights? I have to admit sometimes it is the latter.

One reocurring theme in my time with the Lord has been "love". Sometimes people like me are afraid of that word because we'd rather be right, and correct others than we want to love them and exercise grace.

I recognize this in myself, and I am growing increasingly uncomfortable with it.

Maybe I'm just getting older. Being the young firey "prophet" who tells everyone off isnt as appealing as it used to be.

If I tell someone off I want it to be motivated by love, and not my pride over being right.

Anyway... Merry Christmas to you too!

Krispy

2007/12/18 13:56
Lor_E

Montana USA

Not that I'm a familiar face, but if you don't mind I'd like to share...

While this has been a difficult year for me personally, as well as for many people that I know; if there is one thing I have learned this year it is only this:

By God's grace, we are not consumed..

I have traveled around the state I live in all summer and moved into a place finally this fall; and though I have sensed the protection of the Lord and oft times His wooing always His grace and His love; I must so often approach the throne of His grace knowing that no matter how much I learn, no matter how much I think I know, no matter how many years I have felt close intimacy with the Lord, I am still only a child. Capable of selfishness, misunderstanding, and sin.

One who lives in the midst of a wicked, wicked time; one who is surrounded with those who compromise, the complacent, the unsaved, the sinner, and the wealthiest generation of people in history. One who is surrounded by a people and a culture that is "caught up" with many things- but few caught up with the God of Heaven.

It seems as though the scripture that says, "And every man did that which seemed right in his own eyes." should be the banner over this time.

It is the first year in many that I have not read through the Word of God; and I know that although I get no scorecard from God regarding time or pages spent; I feel as though I've missed out!

My daughter's husband, the son of clergy, decided this summer that he was no longer hetero-sexual (sp?); I felt compelled to call him and pour out a message, in love, full of repentace and mercy, full of tears and prayers, for his sake not necessarily for my daughters... he did not respond, he now lives with a boyfriend in another town. This is a young man that wanted to be a "worship leader". I turned it over to God and laid it down. But that doesn't make it easy.

I have spoken with friends that I have knealt with for hours and prayed with every week for at least five years, wept over their families, prayed for them daily, spoken with them as a sister in Christ teaching them as an older woman in the Lord pouring out all the love and grace within my heart; that today are caught by things that are not even eternal in nature (I'm not sure if that's the right words, but they are the only ones I can come up with..)

The older men, with few exception, have wasted their lives and the lives of their families, they are bitter, angry, self minded, merely religious or full of strange doctrines that I can't even understand AT ALL! Most of the older women are foolish, bitter, blinded people.

The young men and women are so self absorbed most do not even know HOW to go and help the widow and the orphan. They want to shout and dance and sing in the congregation, but inwardly they are full of dead men's bones.

(Not all, Not all, but most that I've seen. The young people that really gave me hope were those that I met when I went to the Charity Churches Youth Bible School! When I saw those 700 young people singing "If My people which are called by My name will humble themselves and pray..." I was overwhelmed and I wept much!! Yet, even in that group there were many who were struggling against God, against the conviction they felt. But many did pray, and I pray they continued on in that grace they found there!! That was 5 years ago.)

I immensely thankful today though, that I know that I know that God has plucked me from the fire and given me a LIFE! But, I also struggle, knowing the time is short, sin is big, and I only have ONE life. How I spend it....will have eternal implications.

Don't get me wrong.. I am thankful for every single moment God has given me and every single person I have met in my life, weather I learned from them what to be or what not to be. (Please forgive me for rambling on!)

Body of Christ,
this brother has asked how you are spiritually, PLEASE do not forget, that you are not an individual member; but that when one member of the body suffers - we all suffer. How can this body of Christ in this time be effectual without it's proper function? How can it be sick and distracted and attend to the important task at hand? Am I struggling spiritually? YES! Because my brothers and sisters, I am but a shard of the whloe pot, and I can but hold a drop or two of water; this world out here is in a drought! Without the proper function of the body (which will require MAJOR revival) these drops of water do little.

2007/12/18 14:56Profile

Re:

Quote:

LittleGift wrote:
How am I doing spiritually? Dunno, better ask Him :-D

Being able to say that is, in itself, sign of a huge breakthrough in my life this last few years.

For the first time [i]ever[/i], I'm not too concerned with how I am, but content to leave it with the Lord. For the first time I can relax and trust Him to do whatever more needs doing. I don't even despair when an old besetting sin, that I imagined was dealt with, rears its ugly head for the 40,000th time. I know He's on the case, and as long as I co-operate and obey, it'll be all right.

You would't believe what a spiritual hypochondriac I was! And that isn't a joke!

Even thought of starting a branch of "Navel-gazers Anonymous", (that is a joke :lol:)

Isn't He wonderful!!!

Jeannette

2007/12/18 18:15

Re:

A wonderful and very challenging sharing Lor_E. Yes we do not live to ourselves but are part of a whole.

Do you know what happens in the physical body when an individual cell starts living to itself?

It's called cancer...

Jeannette

2007/12/18 18:19
destinysweet

Re:

Yes He is Wonderful!Little one. He is Healer,Redeemer,Teacher and Counselor! He is All we could ever hope for and more than we can now imagine Him to be!Glory!

2007/12/18 19:12Profile
pastorfrin

Quote:

reformer wrote:
Haven't seen some familiar faces in awhile, wondering how all is doing?

Wish you all a Merry Christmas.

Mike

Hi Mike,
Good question and one we all would do well to consider.

Paul says we should take heed, and examine ourselves.

1 Cor. 10:12
Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

1 Tim. 4:16
Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

Hebrews 3:12
Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.

I guess the real test comes in what we use to examine ourselves against; the Lord Jesus Christ, His word and the example He gave us to follow or something other.

If we are using the Lord and His word as our example to follow, then:

Romans 8:37
Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

If we can say as Paul:

Philip. 3:8-12
Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, [9] And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: [10] That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; [11] If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead. [12] Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

How am I doing spiritually? I’m taking heed and seeking to know Him more; some days better than others.

Philip. 3:13-14
Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, [14] I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Acts 17:28
For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

Merry Christmas Mike, to you and yours.

In His Love
pastorfrin

2007/12/18 21:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy