SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Heavenly Peace

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Heavenly Peace

Tonight I walked outside my house and heard my neighbor’s musical Christmas lights playing “Silent Night”. At the moment I stepped out, it was at the part of the song – “sleep in heavenly peace”. Heavenly peace. This is the peace of Jesus. This is the peace that enabled Him to sleep in a boat in the midst of a raging storm. This is the peace that enabled Him to stand silently in the face of accusation from the leaders of Israel. And this is the peace He spoke of when He said

“Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you” John 14:27

What a precious gift!

2007/12/17 19:08Profile
pastorfrin

Re: Heavenly Peace

Quote:

BrokenOne wrote:

Tonight I walked outside my house and heard my neighbor’s musical Christmas lights playing “Silent Night”. At the moment I stepped out, it was at the part of the song – “sleep in heavenly peace”. Heavenly peace. This is the peace of Jesus. This is the peace that enabled Him to sleep in a boat in the midst of a raging storm. This is the peace that enabled Him to stand silently in the face of accusation from the leaders of Israel. And this is the peace He spoke of when He said

“Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you” John 14:27

What a precious gift!

Yes Sister,

Heavenly Peace, the kind that can only come from the Lord; heavenly trust, that allows us to sleep with a peace that passeth all understanding.

Psalm 4:8
I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety.

Proverbs 3:24
When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid: yea, thou shalt lie down, and thy sleep shall be sweet.

Philip. 4:7
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

2007/12/17 20:51Profile

Re: Heavenly Peace

Isaiah 57:1&2

Amen, Danielle ~ not "A wasted life".

Precious memories to you as well and the Joy in what the future holds, for those who have made Him their Delight.

2012/7/12 16:01

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy