SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Thinking of making a sign...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Thinking of making a sign...

My wife and I are going to the Carolina Panthers / Dallas Cowboys game this coming Saturday evening (8pm EST on the NFL network). (No comments necessary about how ugly it's gonna be for my Panthers... I already know!)

Anyway, I'm considering making a sign to hold up should a camera be near our seats... something of a Christmas card to all my Sermon Index pals. Any ideas? Something that would jump right out and grab y'alls attention so you know it's me if it makes it on your TV screen?

Krispy

2007/12/17 13:16
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Thinking of making a sign...

Quote:
on your TV screen?

Not sure how many brothers and sisters will have TV screens :-)

maybe a sign: "Pray for Revival in America, Christians!"

I am not sure how I would feel holding a sign like that in a football game.

how about just a verse like: "For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God"

or "Christ came to save sinners"

or Merry CHRISTmas

2007/12/17 13:34Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

Re: Thinking of making a sign...

Do you think the camera would film a sign like that?

my husband was watching the Pittsburgh/Jacksonville game yesterday and on one of the commercial breaks I suddenly heard, "Let's put Christ back into Christmas and celebrate the REAL Reason for the Season." I whipped my head around so fast to see what was on and not only were there words, but also the text was on the screen (for those who mute) even including the text of John 3:16. At the end I found it was a advertisement for a local business whose owner is a Christian. I was impressed that the station would actually broadcast such a message. I am going to send them a letter telling them that I appreciate that they are willing to air such a thing.

but, back to the subject at hand...
you could just put on the sign "sermonindex.net" then the people watching will know its you and others may be interested to check out the site.

8-)

2007/12/17 13:42Profile

Re:

I know there are some here who dont watch TV, much less football (which is about all I watch when I do watch any TV... most is trash)...

I like both your ideas...

I'm thinking a festive looking sign (my wife is quite artistic) that says "Merry [b]CHRIST[/b]mas!!" w/ "sermonindex.com" in small letters... with the Panthers logo on there somewhere amongst candy canes, etc. Maybe even put "Revival is coming!" on there somewhere. The camera man will probably assume it is in reference to the Panthers decent draft status next season... lol

And yea, we got on TV once with a "Jesus even loves the Atlanta Falcons" sign last year when we went to a Atlanta @ Carolina game.

Krispy

2007/12/17 14:29

Re:

If we get it done before we leave for the weekend, I'll post a picture of it.

Krispy

2007/12/17 14:31
Rahman

my Vote! ...

[b][size=x-large]"Pray for Revival in America, Christians!"[/size][/b] ...

At this point it ain't the heathen i'm concerned about with getting the message - it's the saints ... Someone's always got a sign up about salvation ...

And don't despair bro K ... if the Beagles could get past Dallas there's gotta be hope for the Panthers ... :-D

2007/12/17 14:47Profile

Re:

Krispy, get out your smelling salts.

The last time I uncovered the TV in my room - plugged it in and pulled up the rabbit ears antenna was for the super ball when Janet did her thing.

And if you're gonna be there - seeing how it's also the Panthers - I'll plug it again and will be looking for ya (and rootin' for the panthers again.)

Hope ya have time to post that picture. :-D

2007/12/17 14:50

Re: my Vote! ...

Quote:
if the Beagles could get past Dallas there's gotta be hope for the Panthers ...

Well, ya know... Carolina beat Seattle yesterday and Seattle clinched their Division the week before. I gotta believe Dallas is gonna be concerned about keeping everyone healthy, so they may not play all the big stars, and at this point I'll take a win anyway we can get one.

Carolina just needs a QB... the rookie looked good yesterday, but it will be nice when Delhomme gets back under center.

Krispy

2007/12/17 14:54

Re: my Vote! ...

By the way... I like the "Pray for Revival in America, Christians!" ... y'all are giving me some good ideas.

Krispy

2007/12/17 14:55
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

I've open-air preached outside several football games. It's a great place to preach since there are so many people going inside. It's good to get there about 2 hours before since at about 30 minutes before game time everyone is more concerned about getting to a seat than hanging around outside.

It's a great place to preach and do street ministry. I recommend it to anyone who is interested in that type of ministry.

2007/12/17 14:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy