Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Must watch Video

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

Must watch Video

This sermon is 1 hour and 44 minutes long. This one is really.....
[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=16114]
The Greatest Words in All of Scripture (video) by Paul Washer[/url]

I pray we get more of this everywhere....

2007/12/16 18:26Profile
broclint

West Monroe, LA

Re: Must watch Video

I downloaded this video last night and watched early this morning. I agree that this is a "must watch", one of Paul Washer's finest... but not just "his" finest, but a message that is THE GOSPEL so clearly and powerfully presented.

I thought of the hymn "At Calvary" and the line "Then I trembled at the law I'd spurned,Till my guilty soul imploring turned..."

How all Christendom needs to hear again the message of our terrible guilt before a HOLY GOD... and the AWFUL COST of that guilt to GOD.

Clint

2007/12/17 9:56Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Have watched this video previously and it is a must watch.

We really cannot afford to be self-deceived.

God bless.

2007/12/17 10:13Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Could someone upload this sermon to google video if they haven't already? I would like to feature this on the front page.

2007/12/18 12:26Profile
Mangan

Sweden (Northern Europe)

Re:

I have listened to a lot of Paul Washer sermons. I think they are quite good and relevant for the Christianity today. However, why must he be so angry all the time; and where is the joy of salvation? The lack of joy is evident in the preaching and sometimes it feels (from my perspective) to legalistic. Im I the only one who feels this when listening to some of his sermons? How about you?

My criticism above does not mean that I regard Mr Washer as a false teacher or anything like that. Its just the anger-part thats bothering me.

sincerely Magnus :-D

2007/12/18 13:35Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re:

Hello Magnus, how are you?

Could you tell us what is joy or joy of salvation?
What is legalistic preaching?
What you mean, what is a prophet of God?

Have you sometimes considered God working in this way:

Do you know what Charles Finney was writing which I read today? He said that he would not dream of traveling in ministry with a colleague who was not himself broken down before God at least once every 2 or 3 weeks.

Do you know how Finney said that he knew conviction was coming into a people to whom he spoke, that God was breaking them down by His Spirit?

They couldn't hold their heads up.

They couldn't look at him.

They had to turn their faces away.

They looked down. They were bowed over.

He said so long as he saw an audience that still looked at him as the speaker, he knew that God had not yet done his work of convicting power.

-[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=17775&forum=34]Digged from SI archive[/url]

What you think about this? This is pretty serious thing, isn't it?

Grace and peace be with you,
Kire

2007/12/18 13:57Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

I usually am not keen to the hell fire and brimstone messages and angry preachers, but Washer's messages hit home. In fact, he is one of the top preachers that I like listening to.

Does he have a firey message? Yes. But one thing that I can say about Paul Washer, compared to others that I listen to, is that I believe that he is the real deal. He genuinely pains for those who are lost, and this comes across as anger, when I believe it is not. He is passionate about the Lord and about souls.

Some of the more liked preachers on this site preach the same type of message, but you can almost feel that it is as much for show as it is about being passionate. You can listen to some of these preachers go off and get all emotional and passionate, and in 2 seconds they flip the page and are moving on to another subject, literally.

This kind of theatrics is what turns me off listening to certain speakers. They have the right message and it is God driven, but the passion can be less then all out and they insert additional passion into the message that is not from the soul.

I do not wish to discount the many Godly preachers and speakers that have blessed many of us. Most if not all have a true passion for the Word, the Lord and souls. I just feel that Paul Washer takes it to that personal level of true passion for the Word and souls. I do not sense any fakeness in him, which makes the message all the better when hearing it through a man of God.

Enough of my banter :-)

2007/12/18 14:02Profile
Mangan

Sweden (Northern Europe)

Re:

What I meant was that the preaching seems to be lacking some of the spiritual nuances or rather the fruits of the spirit which also should be evident in preaching over serious matters.

I do not question the fact that God has to break us down or humiliate us in order to get us humble. I do not question the fact that there is times when we should be filled with holy anger (the only time when it is legitimate to be angry in contrast to fleshly anger). But not all the time - and not as a style of communicating the gospel at every point.

Again. I do not consider Mr Washer as wrong in his method of communicating, Im just struck that he is (most of the time Ive heard him preach) angry - and it does not always feels like it is connected to sympathy and love. But one should not judge!!! Thats for sure.

Sincerely
Magnus :-)

2007/12/18 14:23Profile
broclint

West Monroe, LA

Re: Washer being angry

Regarding the message in question, I did not see what you are talking about... perhaps you could clarify what part of the message in which he "seemed" angry unless it was when he was expressing the scripture in which he expressed precisely what God's Word says regarding "God is angry with the wicked every day..." The conclusion of the message with the tears regarding the love of God that would crush His own SON for sin... I just cannot see the flaw you mention here... not elevating any man above flaws, but the message is/was a needed one...

What are we headed for in this country? Unless there is an awakening and repentance the justified anger of God is going to be so shocking that no doubt many will fall away because of it. And the reality of eternal wrath... Moses asked who could understand or comprehend it (Psalms 90). That is a message that certainly goes against the grain of human nature... but the reality... the awful reality is one that we in this country are sooo unprepared for.

As Duncan Campbell related in his message regarding the Hebriedes (sp?) revival, may God give us those who fall under such conviction of sin and such reverential fear of God that they cry as the young lady did "IS there mercy for ME?"

It was that kind of conviction that Charles Finney's revivals were known by, and the kind that brought John Bunyan to his knees.

Sorry for the rambling... :-o

Clint

2007/12/18 19:20Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Paul Washer ~ The Glory of God

Quote:
Again. I do not consider Mr Washer as wrong in his method of communicating, Im just struck that he is (most of the time Ive heard him preach) angry - and it does not always feels like it is connected to sympathy and love. But one should not judge!!! Thats for sure.

Hi Magnus,

Give this a shot [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=20060&forum=34]Paul Washer ~ The Glory of God[/url] the messages listed there will give you something of different side, perhaps even surprise you with his heart cry.

There are often a lot of things to consider in listening\viewing sermons and especially those that are some years removed from us ... Ambiance or 'atmosphere' that they were preached in, the times and seasons they were delivered, the hearers ... Many things that we may not be privy to. Perhaps that seems obvious enough but a lot of times we can have our perceptions greatly advanced by hearing ... 'the rest of the story' so to speak. Can still recall early on that I thought Leonard Ravenhill was incredible yet also very harsh, it wasn't until some time later that I began to understand his heart better and noticed the cracks in his voices as if he was holding back tears, other nuances, things that just kind of come about after reading and hearing, musing over it all. Not to dissimilar to anyone else we get to know in our lives I suppose, within these limitations of course.

Listened to these out of order originally on a recommendation, if there was one that would show more of this 'other side' if you will, it was "(The Glory of God) in Moral Purity".

2007/12/18 21:26Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy