SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Seventh Day Adventist

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:

I am not perfect by any means, but the blood of Jesus has washed all my sins away and it is out of my love for Him that I keep the Holy Laws of His father. who loved me far more than I deserve by providing a way of salvation for me through His Son Jesus Christ.

Psalm 119:10-11 With my whole heart I have sought You; Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments! 11 Your word I have hidden in my heart, That I might not sin against You!

My question to you Sis is this.

What makes you think that I am not saved?
what makes you think that I do not have Jesus in my heart?
How are you in a better relationship with Jesus than me?

I just have one more thing to say.

I do live by faith and also I am a doer of the Law, So I am very sure of my justification with is by faith but my faith without the works is dead.

But thank you for your concern.

If anyone believes that they are saved by keeping the law than no, they are not saved.

Here you have faith and works:

#1.We are saved by believing in our heart (FAITH)

#2.Confessing him with our mouth.(works)

Romans 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Nothing about keeping the law here. If you really are a christian than your works will come by your faith. But what are the works, is it by keeping the law??? No.

These are the works but they are not our works they are the work of the Holy Spirit living through willing vessles:

Galatians 5:22-23
22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Who does the work here is it us??? No, it's the Holy Spirit. Our part is to just walk in the spirit.

Romans 8:14
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Just like when you believe in your heart automatically you confess with your mouth. Why??? Because you believed in your heart!

2007/12/18 19:35
jayyou

Re:

Dear brother phil.

Thank you for your message.

Since you made a comment I feel like I have the right to write back to you.

I have no history with glorytoglory whatsoever. She expressed her opinion about something that afected me and that is her right, and As I said the matter About EGW between me and her is settled as far I am concerned.

But then you come and made a comment and as much as I do not want to comment I feel I have to. You could have sent me a PM as well but you chose to make it public.

Now, please if you want to comment again on this pm me, for I first made a comment here because someone accused us of making division and cunfusion, and I feel that I have beingsucked
right into this big mess.

So this will be my last response in regard of EGW

and as I said before, Everybody is entitled to have their opinions but please let's respect each other.

quote:"""my hope is that you will one day analyze ellen white's prophecies and books and test them as you would a true vs false prophet """

Brother I say this with love so please do not get mad at me.

I can see this estatement in two ways,

either you think that I am not intelligent enough to test her writtings and cannot see what you see.

or You think that I choose to believe that I beleive out of my laziness or lack of interest in porsuing this.

Now, either way, I feel offended by your assuption so I will not answer it.

I will just say this, To you she is a false Prophet, to me She isn't and that settles it.

=================================================

Quote: """with all due respect, you cannot compare the inspired writings of peter and the right and wrong prophesies of ellen white. did peter sin? yes. did he falsely prophesy?? no. that is the difference between a true and false prophet."""""

Dear brother nowhere in my comment I meant what you are acusing me of.

I said what I said to say that EGW was human just like Peter, and by saying that I meant that they were sinners like me, and therefore I do not worship either as many seems to think we do with EGW, and therefore call us a cult.

quote: """"as for your salvation. i would not dare to presume whether i know if you are saved or not. God knows and i am not God. i would hope and pray that you are and if you are born again, then i will rejoice to fellowship with you in the Lord.""""

I find amazing that people would even consider commenting on someoene's salvation.

Dear brother Salvation is something much more complicated than we think. I will show you why.

Ecclesiastes 12:13-14 Fear God and keep His commandments, For this is man's all. 14 For God will bring every work into judgment, Including every secret thing, Whether good or evil.

and Jesus goes on even further.

Matthew 12:36-37 "But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment. 37 "For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."

So brother, as you can see salvation is not simply say I am saved, it goes way beyond that.

And as far as you acusing us of being legalistic, I have a few verses to you.

Matthew 23:1-3 Then Jesus spoke to the multitudes and to His disciples, 2 saying: "The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat. 3 "Therefore whatever they tell you to observe, that observe and do, but do not do according to their works; for they say, and do not do.

and in regard of God's law brother, have a look on psalms 119.

pay attention to verse

Psalm 119:126-129 It is time for You to act, O LORD, For they have regarded Your law as void. 127 Therefore I love Your commandments More than gold, yes, than fine gold! 128 Therefore all Your precepts concerning all things I consider to be right; I hate every false way. 129 Your testimonies are wonderful; Therefore my soul keeps them.

Now please we have settled the EGW. So let's move on if you want to talk about scriptures great, but I will not reply to comments about EGW anymore for I do not want to be told off unfairly for talking about her. If you want to make a comment to me, please pm and I will answer.

quote: """i would hope and pray that you are and if you are born again, then i will rejoice to fellowship with you in the Lord."""

Thank you for the offer brother but I fellowship with like minded people and that is sufficient for me.

God bless us all

2007/12/18 19:36Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

jayyou wrote:

Quote:

Thank you for the offer brother but I fellowship with like minded people and that is sufficient for me.

Wow. Didn't Peter get rebuked from Paul about doing the same thing? Why do you fellowship here if we are not "like minded people"? Or better yet, your people? I am confused.

Quote:
I fellowship with like minded people...

So did The People's Temple.

2007/12/18 19:52Profile
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re:

dear jayyou,

i think you misunderstood me (it's easy with computers). in regard to you and glorytoGod, i was saying that you guys should settle that. it was seeming like you guys were getting mad at each other, so i was saying that you guys should settle it.

as for EGW, i do not think your stupid or anything like that. i just believe that you fail to measure her against the Word. if you think that is mean, i'm not trying to sound mean. just as you think i'm deceived about the commandments and the mark of the beast, i think that you are being deceived about the law and EGW. is that mean?? i don't think it is. i'm sorry if you think it is. if you could hear me say this, you wouldn't think i am trying to be mean. very loving and careful.

with the salvation thing. i know you got offended about what glorytoGod said about you not being saved or something like that, so i was trying to tell you that i am not God and i couldn't know your heart. i don't know who is saved in my church let alone on a website, so i would not pass any judgement like that. i am not God. that is all i was saying.

i hope that this may clear up some things. i am putting this public so that if anyone misunderstood my first post to you, they would know that i am not trying to be mean-spirited or angry with you.

ps. i know you don't want to fellowship with me, but if we're believers, you're gonna see me for all eternity. we might need to get used to it. :-
phil

2007/12/18 20:07Profile
jayyou

Re:

Dear brother Phil,

Thank you for your reply.

I have a few things to say to you....

In Regard of EGW, I said what I had to say, and that is settled. So I will comment no more.

Quote: """ think you misunderstood me (it's easy with computers). in regard to you and glorytoGod, i was saying that you guys should settle that. it was seeming like you guys were getting mad at each other, so i was saying that you guys should settle it.""""

I say this with love brother, You were the one that misunderstood us. Glorytoglory has her opinion I have mine, I said that she was out of order by naming and condeming SDAs and that is that. I will not waste my time having silly arguments with people, and that is final.

As far as I am concerned, I made my point and that settles it. I will not keep argueing the same subject forever.

In regard of what you said about the commandments, I have one more thing to say and that will be final as well, I will not discuss this again.

Like David, I delight in God's commandments. To me they are more precious than Gold. I Serve my Lord Jesus Christ and Have Him as the Lord of my life. I could not be happier.

and I end this by quoting this text:

This is found in Ecclesiastes 12:13

I will give you different versions of the same text.

NJV Ecclesiastes 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

NAU Ecclesiastes 12:13 The conclusion, when all has been heard, is: fear God and keep His commandments, because this applies to every person.

NLT Ecclesiastes 12:13 Here is my final conclusion: Fear God and obey his commands, for this is the duty of every person.

Dear brother, to settle the argument of commandments, I will just repeat.

This is the Duty of every person.
Now you can say that you are not deceived by it, Well that is your decision but please Do not rob us from this blessing.

In regard of the salvation issue, I have no further comment.

You quoted: """"ps. i know you don't want to fellowship with me, but if we're believers, you're gonna see me for all eternity. we might need to get used to it. :- """"

Now here is something that I must comment.

Since not only you and another brother, Miccah mentioned this, so I will answer both of you here.

If I remember well, This was your first post to me.
You quoted:
"""if you are born again, then i will rejoice to fellowship with you in the Lord."""

Now, Please I do no speak English as my first language so if I misunderstood you, I really apologize.

Do you note the, ""IF"" Something ""THEN"" something,it tells me that you were the one that put a condition on our fellowshiping together, Not me.

All I said was that I already fellowship with people that are likeminded. I did, by no means, exclude you from fellowshiping with me brother, All I said was that the condition you put for us to fellowship together, means absolutely nothing to me.

And As far as us fellowhiping in heaven is concerned, Nothing would give me more pleasure to one day meet all the saints face to face in heaven and being able to exchange stories of How God's amazing grace was given to us through His Holy Son.

So Yes, I would love to meet you there, for sure.

God bless us all.

2007/12/19 9:32Profile
jayyou

Re:

Dear sis Glorytoglory,

I would like to comment on something that you said.

quote:""""The law of God is written on our hearts. That is all the apostle Paul is saying here, not that we are to keep the law.""""

Laws that are written in the heart but with no reason to be there.
If you do not need to obey them, what is the point in having them there?

It seems to me sis that you should be doing more reading and less writting.

2007/12/19 19:59Profile

Re:

Quote:

jayyou wrote:
Dear sis Glorytoglory,

I would like to comment on something that you said.

quote:""""The law of God is written on our hearts. That is all the apostle Paul is saying here, not that we are to keep the law.""""

Laws that are written in the heart but with no reason to be there.
If you do not need to obey them, what is the point in having them there?

It seems to me sis that you should be doing more reading and less writting.

The law is only for three purposes, to show us we have sin, to instruct us in righteousness and so we may know God. The law is our schoolmaster.

Galatians 3:23-25
23But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

24Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

25But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

Romans 7:5-7
5For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.

6But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

7What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet

2007/12/19 20:16
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

Re:

It is nearly impossible to convince a LDS (mormon) that they are not Christians either. The most amazing thing about being deceived is that you can't see it.

Blessings Greg :-?

2007/12/20 0:22Profile
jayyou

Re:

Dear brother smokey,

I am not sure if it was your intention to include us SDAs in the same category as the mormons when you said( They are not Christians either). But if you did, Then it tells me that you have just made two mistakes.

One= You and me are in not position to judge anybody.

Two= You know absolutely nothing about us, please get informed about something then make comment like this.

As far as you claiming that is impossible to convince someone, you are right, you cannot convince anybody, the convincing part comes from the HOly Spirit and not from you.

I know nothing about mormons, but you included us in a non Christian category and I do not believe that you are in a position to pass such a judgment and go as far as saying that someone is not Christian.

These are my thoughts in regard your message.

May the love of Christ and the Love of God abide in us, that way we will be empowered to show love an respect to others.

In love Jayyou....

2008/1/11 14:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy