SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : August 4 - Judges 18; Acts 22; Jeremiah 32; Psalms 1-2

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MommaBear

Evans, Georgia USA

August 4 - Judges 18; Acts 22; Jeremiah 32; Psalms 1-2

"And those who were with me saw the light, to be sure, but did not understand the voice of the One who was speaking to me. Acts 22:9
[are people around you perplexed about your excitement when you see (understand) the deeper, “hidden” things of God?]

"And I said, ‘What shall I do, Lord?’ And the Lord said to me, ‘Get up and go on into Damascus, and there you will be told of all that has been appointed for you to do.’ "But since I could not see because of the brightness of that light, I was led by the hand by those who were with me and came into Damascus.
"A certain Ananias, a man who was devout by the standard of the Law, and well spoken of by all the Jews who lived there, came to me, and standing near said to me, ‘Brother Saul, receive your sight!’ And at that very time I looked up at him. Acts 22:10-13
[has God sent an Ananias with understanding to share His word with you? Paul was a devout Jew but was missing something…]

"And he said, ‘The God of our fathers has appointed you to know His will and to see the Righteous One and to hear an utterance from His mouth.
‘For you will be a witness for Him to all men of what you have seen and heard.
‘Now why do you delay? Get up and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on His name.’ Acts 22:14-15
[we are all called to be His witnesses, to say and do only the things the Father desires us to say and do]

"It happened when I returned to Jerusalem and was praying in the temple, that I fell into a trance, and I saw Him saying to me, ‘Make haste, and get out of Jerusalem quickly, because they will not accept your testimony about Me.’ Acts 22:18
[when you truly surrender to Jesus, many will not accept the things God reveals to you by His spirit but He has promised never to leave you or forsake you. He sent His spirit to be your Guide and given His Word that you might know Him.]

Selah...

MBear

2003/8/4 9:15Profile
MommaBear

Evans, Georgia USA

Re: August 4 - Judges 18; Acts 22; Jeremiah 32; Psalms 1-2

‘Ah Lord GOD! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and by Your outstretched arm! Nothing is too difficult for You, who shows lovingkindness to thousands, but repays the iniquity of fathers into the bosom of their children after them, O great and mighty God. The LORD of hosts is His name;
great in counsel and mighty in deed, whose eyes are open to all the ways of the sons of men, giving to everyone according to his ways and according to the fruit of his deeds;
who has set signs and wonders in the land of Egypt, and even to this day both in Israel and among mankind; and You have made a name for Yourself, as at this day. Jeremiah 32:17-20

"Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh; is anything too difficult for Me?" Jeremiah 32:27

WOW! Be sure to read all of Jeremiah 32.

MBear

2003/8/4 21:28Profile
MommaBear

Evans, Georgia USA

Re:

How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, Nor stand in the path of sinners, Nor sit in the seat of scoffers!
But his delight is in the law of the LORD, And in His law he meditates day and night.
He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water, Which yields its fruit in its season And its leaf does not wither; And in whatever he does, he prospers.
The wicked are not so, But they are like chaff which the wind drives away.
Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment, Nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.
For the LORD knows the way of the righteous, But the way of the wicked will perish. Psalm 1:1-6 NASB

Why are the nations in an uproar And the peoples devising a vain thing?
The kings of the earth take their stand And the rulers take counsel together Against the LORD and against His Anointed, saying,
"Let us tear their fetters apart And cast away their cords from us!"
He who sits in the heavens laughs, The Lord scoffs at them.
Then He will speak to them in His anger And terrify them in His fury, saying,
"But as for Me, I have installed My King Upon Zion, My holy mountain."
"I will surely tell of the decree of the LORD: He said to Me, ‘You are My Son, Today I have begotten You.
‘Ask of Me, and I will surely give the nations as Your inheritance, And the very ends of the earth as Your possession.
‘You shall break them with a rod of iron, You shall shatter them like earthenware.’"
Now therefore, O kings, show discernment; Take warning, O judges of the earth.
Worship the LORD with reverence And rejoice with trembling.
Do homage to the Son, that He not become angry, and you perish in the way, For His wrath may soon be kindled. How blessed are all who take refuge in Him!
Psalm 2:1-12

Selah...

MBear

2003/8/4 21:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy