SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : False prophet preacing FLUFF??

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Alright sister :-x I like the wise cracks, your my kind of person :-P Hard to find someone as smart elicky as me :-P

But you still havent answered my question. What have you suffered for Christ. You stated earlier that we MUST SUFFER for our saviour, so do tell, what have you sister KATEEEEEDID, suffered for our precious saviour. If you havent than your not practicing what you preach, and that makes you a bonified, HIP-O-CRIT. ;-)

Balls in your court sis 8-) All eyes are on you :-o Your reputation on SI is on the line. CAN YOU HANDLE THE PRRRRESSSSSSSSHHHHHHAAAAAAAA!!! :-?

2007/12/17 18:03
brentw

Ohio

Re: False prophet preacing FLUFF??

Boy O boy did we ever get off topic on this one. ;-)

I have been pondering being in a "fluffy" church setting...there needs to be a light in the midst!?

I had a Episcopal church fly me out several years ago to preach one Sunday...DID I FEEL OUT OF PLACE....I met a sister their and she said to me she was called their to be a light in the darkness. She was a Pentocostal.

I believe theres a remnant in almost all "christian churches". A church within the church.

2007/12/17 18:28Profile

Re:

Quote:

brentw wrote:
Boy O boy did we ever get off topic on this one. ;-)

I have been pondering being in a "fluffy" church setting...there needs to be a light in the midst!?

I had a Episcopal church fly me out several years ago to preach one Sunday...DID I FEEL OUT OF PLACE....I met a sister their and she said to me she was called their to be a light in the darkness. She was a Pentocostal.

I believe theres a remnant in almost all "christian churches". A church within the church.

LOL :-P That's good!!!

2007/12/17 18:31
c52

Loveland, Co. USA

Re:

Quote:

chiefosiners wrote:
Are you trying to pick a fight?

Me? Pick a fight? Nah! It simply amazes though that I see statements like yours on this website. I hope you don't believe some of the things that you say. Many come here to learn what God has said, I hope that they can separate the wheat from the chaff, otherwise they are doomed.

2007/12/17 22:30Profile

Re:

Quote:

c52 wrote:
Quote:

chiefosiners wrote:
Are you trying to pick a fight?

Me? Pick a fight? Nah! It simply amazes though that I see statements like yours on this website. I hope you don't believe some of the things that you say. Many come here to learn what God has said, I hope that they can separate the wheat from the chaff, otherwise they are doomed.

What are you talking about, seperate the wheat from the chaff? I did'nt say that. I don't know what your talking about.

Tell me what youre talking about and i'll clarify whatever it is your having a problem with. I try not to get too stiff and serious about things because there are enough people here that are STIFF and SERIOUS. I don't mind a friendly debate as long as it doesnt cause hard feelings, and that's what usually happens when your too serious.

I mean, come on. There are some people here that think their John Bunyan, or Charles Spurgeon, or even KING JAMES for that matter. So proper. ggggggrrrrrrr (clearing my throat) I must be so distinguished and proper and I must use vocabulary that goes right over the WORKING mans head. Rediculous.

Have you ever noticed little children? Their foolish. The more foolish you are the more they like you. It's kind of interesting to me that Jesus would say "except you become as one of these". It's o.k. to laugh c5234. It'll do you some good. Loosen up man I don't want to fight.

Hey, I like it when someone rakes me over. You know why? Because I can laugh at myself. I am foolish, and clumsy, and all those things. But ya know what else? I'm a CHILD of the king.

2007/12/17 22:49

Re:

Quote:
What have you suffered for Christ.

Jason, I've shared many things here on SI and one just recently on the Covenant Thread about AFTER I became a Christian.

You have no Idea.

Anyway, I may have overlooked something you said on the Iron=Cross thread. You agreed with Total surrender correct. Now that I re-read that, I don't mean only when we need something. I'm talking about OUR WHOLE Life surrendered to the Lord, once and for all. Without that, you will never know what I am talking about.

Also remember we were bought with a price, and that price is/was beyond our wildest comprehension.

We are here to bring Glory to God, and I know you agree with that, but Glory comes through refinement, and purified by fire...those firey trials and tribulations, having our faith tested, and Boy oh Boy can that be....well....

Can I handle the pressure? I've been in training over 30 years for that very reason, very purpose!!

If your world came crashing down around you overnight, would you be able to handle the pressure? Would you become bitter? Angry? Suicidal? Deny Christ? You may say NO, No and a thousand times NO, but how do you know?

Read James Chapter 1 thoroughly, and ask yourself, are you being perfected >>>>>>an ongoing process through trials? Have you endured that can one day say....there is a Crown of Life laid up for me...have you finished your course, run YOUR race? None of us have, because it will be run until the day we die or the Lord Comes,

Love in Christ
Katy-Did

2007/12/18 6:26
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Growth

Quote:
Tell me what youre talking about and i'll clarify whatever it is your having a problem with. I try not to get too stiff and serious about things because there are enough people here that are STIFF and SERIOUS. I don't mind a friendly debate as long as it doesnt cause hard feelings, and that's what usually happens when your too serious.

I mean, come on. There are some people here that think their John Bunyan, or Charles Spurgeon, or even KING JAMES for that matter. So proper. ggggggrrrrrrr (clearing my throat) I must be so distinguished and proper and I must use vocabulary that goes right over the WORKING mans head. Rediculous.

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=20768&forum=34&post_id=&refresh=Go]"Sober-Mindedness Pressed Upon Youth" Matthew Henry sermon modernized and in installments[/url]

2007/12/18 8:29Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re:

Quote:

Katy-did wrote:
Glory comes through refinement, and purified by fire...those firey trials and tribulations, having our faith tested, and Boy oh Boy can that be....well....

Can I handle the pressure?

Sorry to interupt a private discussion.

I agree with what you are saying here, but the caveat is that God will never test us beyond what we can endure. As someone who has been in training for 30 years you would know, as I'm sure everyone else who has been involved with physical training, that you can't expect someone to do a hundred pushups from scratch.

Your perspective of trials/test/temptations may be allot different for someone else. I think also, that Jasons idea of trials/tests/temptations are allot different as well.

The key to reading any map is not necessarily were you are going, but where you have come from that gives the proper perspective as to how to get to the end. In terms of our ideas of God, this holds true I believe.

As I sit at my desk the thought of the roman Circus brings to my mind the option of deny Christ and your child shall live, if not then the lions wait for her. That is a gut wrenching thought that I may have to make that decision, I Pray to God not. All I know is that I will not seek out such a thing, and I will try to avoid that ever happening. I may appear that I am not willing to embrace the cross, but who is to say that, that is the cross for me? I may have failed the test in professing Christ to my work colleagues for fear of rejection. Its all relative.

If however circumstances are such that I would have to make a choice, all I know is that when the time comes his grace will be there to endure making the hard one. I will have a choice, and that in itself is an amazing work of Gods grace, in my flesh I would want my child to live.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is that our definitions of what something means can sometimes box us in understanding what another person is meaning.

To end here is a little story that illustrates this point.

'A student assistant was about to prepare a test for the next class. He asked "Professor Einstein, which test are we giving them?" To which Einstein replied "The same test as last week!" The assistant, bewildered, asked "But why give them the same test again?" To which Einstein replied, " Because the answers are different this week."

Principle: Your answers will be different based upon what you know.

2007/12/18 8:57Profile

Re:

Quote:

Katy-did wrote:
Quote:
What have you suffered for Christ.

Jason, I've shared many things here on SI and one just recently on the Covenant Thread about AFTER I became a Christian.

You have no Idea.

Anyway, I may have overlooked something you said on the Iron=Cross thread. You agreed with Total surrender correct. Now that I re-read that, I don't mean only when we need something. I'm talking about OUR WHOLE Life surrendered to the Lord, once and for all. Without that, you will never know what I am talking about.

Also remember we were bought with a price, and that price is/was beyond our wildest comprehension.

We are here to bring Glory to God, and I know you agree with that, but Glory comes through refinement, and purified by fire...those firey trials and tribulations, having our faith tested, and Boy oh Boy can that be....well....

Can I handle the pressure? I've been in training over 30 years for that very reason, very purpose!!

If your world came crashing down around you overnight, would you be able to handle the pressure? Would you become bitter? Angry? Suicidal? Deny Christ? You may say NO, No and a thousand times NO, but how do you know?

Read James Chapter 1 thoroughly, and ask yourself, are you being perfected >>>>>>an ongoing process through trials? Have you endured that can one day say....there is a Crown of Life laid up for me...have you finished your course, run YOUR race? None of us have, because it will be run until the day we die or the Lord Comes,

Love in Christ
Katy-Did

I understand what you are saying Katy-Did. We hold two different views on total surrender. I do belive in total surrender but not in the same way that you view it. I believe total surrender is just that, giving up and saying I can't do this. I'm not strong enough.

Jesus has already won the battle. There is NO BATTLE. It's over. If we try to go against the enemy he'll give us a battle, but through Christ theres no battle to be fought because hes already won. He's defeated sin, hell, and death. These battles that we fight are mostly fought in the mind. Satan wants to draw us away from our armour, which is Christ, so he can render us defenseless. The more we try to fight the battle on our own, the more we'll be defeated.

It's not God getting the glory out of OUR life. It's God getting the glory through Christ. It's all Jesus. Our mind set has to shift from ourselves to Christ. It has nothing to do with us sister.

I have a wife, a daughter, and twin baby boys, and I would do whatever it took to protect them. I hope I never have to do anything like that but i'm gonna tell you right now I would do WHATEVER it took.

My race? I will finish my race and fight a good fight regardless of the outcome of my life because I'm in Christ.

"I've fought a good fight, I've finished my course, I've kept THE FAITH." Whose faith? Jesus faith. See? It's all Jesus.

2007/12/18 9:36

Re:

Jason, this is one ONE of the thing I am referring to:

Also Romans 12:1&2 is not a lay away plan.

Philippians 3:10

That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

11If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

12Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

13Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

14I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

15Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

16Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.

17Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.

18(For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:

19Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)

20For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

21Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

Love in Christ
Katy-Did

2007/12/18 11:25

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy