SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is Christmas Purely a Pagan Holiday?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Information

Plagiarism Ray ...

[url=http://www.despatch.cth.com.au/Despatch/vol94_xmas.html]`Tis the Season ... FOR Pagan Worship[/url]

2007/12/14 22:08Profile

Re: Plagiarism

Is that all you have to say! Am I under arrest? RayinPA

2007/12/14 22:25

Re: idols

How about yourself Mike, are you prepared to take the admonition of John 5:21, "Little children, keep yourselves from idols Amen", and at the least tell others to do so(re:Christ-mass)? If these words sound challenging or otherwise I can only say that I have been challenged numerous times and look forward to more. For so I grow. "Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend".(KJV) "Iron by iron is sharpened, And a man sharpens the face of his friend".(YLT) "Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another".(NASB)

2007/12/14 23:04
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

This thread is being locked.

2007/12/14 23:08Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
I can only say that I have been challenged numerous times and look forward to more. For so I grow

Alluding that a dear brother in Christ is an idolater because he keeps Christmas is not the same as "challenging" or using "iron to sharpen iron"; such insinuations are not edifying, they are unfounded, abrasive and cannot be classified as admonitions.

Nothing is being sharpened here, Ray. All you are doing is brandishing a blunt tip here. If you really want to be sharpened, slow down with the rhetoric and pray before you post. Yield yourself to the sharpening wheel; there is a big wheel spinning here on SI, but only the meek and patient are able to find it.

Brother Paul

2007/12/14 23:22Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy