SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : You are choosen

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
donnaemmons9

You are choosen

Everyone can do something for the kingdom. The Bible tells me that God distributes gifts as He wills. God is not my bellboy. I don't tell God what to do. He tells me what to do. If we humble ourselves and allow God He will lead us to many ministry opportunities. Jesus speaking in Revelation 3:8 says I know your works. See, I have set before you an open door and no one can shut it. God requires our faithfulness. He wants us to be ourselves, to be authentic. We don't have to be like someone else. In fact if we try we will fail because their armor doesn't fit well on us. God has choosen and given you a very special ministry that only you can do. If we are not obedient the body loses what the Lord wanted to do through you. Our trials, disabilities and problems we experience enable us to reach people for the kingdom. People see our brokenness and are often drawn to it. Brokenness is a gift in itself. In 2 Corinthians it says My grace is sufficient for you for My strength is made perfect in weakness. Thinking about it like this we can consider it a privilege whatever we have to endure. I believe that out of our brokenness and transparency that God will minister because when we are broken, people see Jesus in us more clearly. When that happens more of the glory goes to God who rightly deserves it. It is not about us. It is about Him.

2007/12/11 1:33Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: You are choosen

"You did not choose me but I chose you. And
I appointed you to go and bear fruit, fruit
that will last, John 15:16

Oh, that the Holy Eternal One would choose
us to be his very own disciples, followers,
servants, and most of all, His friends!!
How marvelous!! How wonderful!! How
blessed to be His very own!! ;-)

2007/12/11 18:46Profile
HIServant

Sacrifice

Regarding brokeness, years ago I wrote a poem that ended with "Beloved, we must then count it a blessing, a privilege and a pleasure to suffer for the NAME of CHRIST. After all, as we read in Donna's devotional, HIS strength is perfected through us who willingly display our weakness and play all trust in the CREATOR of our souls. Amen and amen!

2007/12/12 8:17Profile
broclint

West Monroe, LA

Re: a privilege and a pleasure to suffer for the NAME of CHRIST.

I thought in reading this thread of a verse that came to me during some times of trial in life that has been proven true over and over again:

2 Corinthians 1:3 - 5 (NKJV) 3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, 4who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. 5For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also abounds through Christ.

My little grandson 18 months old was imitating me on the phone that he loves to play with and of the few words that he says distinctly was "I understand". I did not realize how frequently I said those words until my daughter brought it to my attention.... sometimes it is a good thing that we are able to say those words and those to whom we are talking knows that they are not just words but have been proven through painful experience.

Clint

2007/12/12 9:41Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy