SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Born to Serve

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
donnaemmons9

Born to Serve

Matthew 5:16 reads Let your light so shine before men that they see your good works and glorify your Father in Heaven. We are light and hope to the world. We have the privilege to offer hope and encouragement to people who are often forgotten by society. Some of these people might be the elderly, sick, lonely and hopeless. Ephesians 2:10 says For we are His workmanship created in Christ Jesus for good works which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. The word workmanship indicates a handiwork, a masterpiece. There has to be a Master Worker that makes both of these things. Often, He does this work in the trials and afflictions of life. 2 Corinthians 12:10 says I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses for Christs sake. For when I am weak then I am strong. Do we rejoice in our trials so that we might be crushed that the glory of God might flow out of our lives to others who are in need ? My heartfelt prayer is Lord, lead me back to the cross so I can be like You. God can give us hope, a new outlook on life. We have something worth living for. Because He lives, I can face tomorrow. We need to offer people a new touch that only comes through our Savior. Often, peoples' problems seem higher than a mountain to them. God has placed us where we are so that we might be able to reach that person that perhaps no one else even knows about. We need to share the love of Jesus with a lost and dying world. We sometimes say to God we can't do this or that because we have a problem. We need to examine ourselves in His light. Evangelist David Rings testimony includes when he said to God I have cerebral palsy God. I can't speak. He says can you imagine me telling God that? He said he had a funny feeling God said really? You've got to be kidding. What excuses are we offering God? We also have to remind ourselves that He usually gives us the hardest thing that we could offer in the natural so that He receives the glory. Phillipians 4:13 says I can do ALL things through Christ which strengthens me. 1 Corinthains 1:27-29 reads But God hath choosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise and God has choosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty and the base things of the world and the things which are not to bring to nothing the things that are that no flesh should glory in His presence. He usually takes our greatest liabilty and makes it HIs greatest asset. What are you doing for the kingdom of God today? It is time to kneel before the Lord and get His directon for Your life so that you can prosper in the things He has called you to. Amen

2007/12/10 22:45Profile

Re: Born to Serve

Praise God Donna. Suffering is good. :-) - the world thinks we're nuts for saying that and I have had Christians to give me a double-take on that one. Yes, there are dark days, but the prayers of the Saints bring us out of them. I have many to thank when we get Home - Amen!

I believe these present sufferings are to prepare us to serve all the more, when sufferings come to the whole of the Body. Amen!

He increases while He's decreasing us.

[i]Squeezing[/i] the oil out of His olives for the lanterns. Glory to God!

Glad you're here.
His Love.
:-)

2007/12/12 20:57

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy