Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Waiting on God Continually

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
pastorfrin

Waiting on God Continually

Waiting on God Continually

Hosea 12:6
Therefore turn thou to thy God: keep mercy and judgment, and wait on thy God continually.

The call of God, “Wait on thy God continually,” must be accepted and obeyed.… This waiting continually is indeed a necessity. To those who are content with a feeble Christian life, it appears a luxury something beyond what is essential to be a good Christian. But all who are praying the prayers, “Lord! make me as holy as a pardoned sinner can be made! Keep me as near to Thee as it is possible for me to be! Fill me as full of Thy love as Thou art willing to do!” feel at once that it is something that must be had. They feel that there can be no unbroken fellowship with God, no full abiding in Christ, no maintaining victory over sin and readiness for service, without waiting continually on the Lord.…
Waiting on God continually will be met and rewarded by God Himself working continually.… He who by His Spirit teaches you to wait continually, will bring you to experience also how, as the Everlasting One, His work is never-ceasing.… Your waiting continually will then come of itself. Full of trust and joy the holy habit of the soul will be, “On Thee do I wait all the day.” The Holy Spirit will keep you ever waiting.

Andrew Murray, Waiting on God.

2007/12/10 4:45Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Waiting on God Continually

Here is a link to a thread here on SI with all 31 of these meditations from Andrew Murray's book, Waiting on God. It will be of great value to the spiritual life to spend a month reading, meditating, and praying over one for each day. I have done this in the past, I think I will do it again. Thanks for bringing this up again Pastor Frin.

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=2620&forum=34]Waiting on God - Andrew Murray[/url]

In Christ,

Ron

2007/12/10 10:07Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy