SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Longng to be in His Presence

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
donnaemmons9

Longng to be in His Presence

I woke up this morning with an insatiable thirst for the Lord. I write this in praise of Him. I have a longing to be in His Presence where fellowship is sweet. This is where I long to be. The best part is that He has placed that within me. We are made for fellowship with the Living God. Psalm 42 is a Psalm of yearning. It reads in verses 1&2 As the hart panteth after the water brooks so panteth my soul after Thee O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the Living God when shall I come and appear before God. As water is essential for our physical life so the Living Water is essential to our spiritual life. We cannot stop thirsting for Him or we will die spiritually. We need to cry out day and night in a heartfelt way. Do you remember when you were outside on a very hot day and had an intense thirst how refreshing the taste of water was to you? Our hearts should be like that. In Matthew 5:6 it says Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness for they shall be filled. He is the One I have set my affection upon. He is the most cherished, valued thing in my life. As the deer panteth for the water my soul surely thirsts after You O God. I like the following song.

As the deer panteth for the water
So my soul thirsteth after Thee
You alone are my hearts desire
And I long to worship Thee
You alone are my atrength, my shield
To You alone may my spirit yield
You alone are my hearts desire
And I long to worship Thee
You're my Friend and You are my Brother
Even though You are a King
I Love You more than any other
So much more than anything