SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : What if I give all?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
donnaemmons9

What if I give all?

Luke 21:3-4: And He said of a truth I say unto you that this poor widow hath cast in more than they all. For all these have of their abundance cast in unto the offerings of God but she of her penury hath cast in all the living that she had.

All the others contributed out of their abundance but the widow gave out of her poverty. She put in all she had. By doing this she had faith that God would take care of her. Our gift is determined by the amount of sacrifice involved in giving. The widows gift cost her everything. She gave as much as she possibly could. She didn't wait until all the bills were paid. Often, we think of what is left over to offer God. A friend was sharing with me that someone in the body of Christ didn't have any money so she cut off the decorative buttons that were on her clothes and gave them. They probably couldn't do too much with these but the point is she gave out of her poverty. This can be applied to all our service for Jesus. He judges our work not by its size or success but by the amount of sincere dedication, sacrifice and faith involved. I need to ask myself is what I am giving the Lord out of poverty or abundance? Am I giving my ALL?

2007/12/8 23:58Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy