SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : So Glad

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
donnaemmons9

So Glad

2 Corinthians 12:7-10 says and lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations there was given to me a thorn in the flesh the messenger of satan to buffet me lest I should be exalted above measure. For this thing I besought the Lord thrice that it might depart from me. And He said unto me My grace is sufficient for thee for My strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore I will rather glory in my infirmities that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in distresses for Christs sake for when I am weak then am I strong.

The word thorn communicates the idea of pain, trouble, suffering, humiliation or physical infirmities. It is permitted yet limited by God. Our thorns keep us dependent in greater measure on divine grace. The grace that Jesus is saying is sufficient for you talks about Gods presence, favor and power. This grace will come upon those who accept their weaknesses and difficulties for the Gospels sake. The greater our weakness and trials the more grace God will give us to accomplish His will. What He give us is always enough to live our daily lives, to work for Him and to endure our sufferings and thorns in the flesh. We should glory and see eternal value in our weaknesses for they cause the power of God to rest upon us. He wants us to live lives of transparency and vulnerability reaching out to those in need. When we are vulnerable Christ can be seen more clearly. God wants brokenness to prepare us for usefulness. It is a work only He can do but we must humble ourselves and submit to His grand design for our lives. This is the wonderful message of the Gopel of Jesus Christ.

This 1970's song explains how I feel today.

So Glad by Amy Grant

I had laid some mighty plans
Thought I held them in my hands
Then my world began to crumble all away
I tried to build it back again
I couldn't bear to see it end
How it hurt to know You wanted it that way
And Im so glad, glad to find the reason
That I'm happy sad that You tore it all away
And I'm so glad, though it hurts to know I'm leaving
Everything I ever thought that I would be
Once I held it in my hands