SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Through the Fire- My Testimony

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Bless you Donna and may your blessing be multiplied back onto you and in your life.

To His Glory.

His Love.

Annie

2007/12/5 23:23
donnaemmons9

His Faithfulness

I heard this song this morning on the way to church and had to add it to my testimony. I hope this is an encouragement for those who are struggling with lifes many different problems. May God blees you.

He's Been Good Ron Kenoly
I have known the Fathers care for me
He's been good, He's been good
Through it all He's always there for me
God's been good to me
Through the storms
Through the night
Come what may
Everything will be alright
I have known the Fathers care for me
God's been good to me
God's so good
God's been good to me
God's so good
God's been good to me
God's been good
I've known the Fathers care
He's been good
He's been good
He's always there for me
God's been good to me

2007/12/16 14:36Profile
donnaemmons9

Re: His Faithfulness

I want to fall on my face in worship for all the blessings my wonderful LORD has given me through this illness. Job 23:10 says But HE knows the way I take when HE has tested me I shall come forth as gold. I am still waiting for my total healing but Isaiah 53:5 says But HE was wounded for our transgressions, HE was bruised for our iniquities,the chastisement for our peace was upon HIM and by HIS stripes we are healed. I believe HIS promise because He has proven HIMSELF faithful. HE knows the perfect time to release us from the fire not a minute too soon or too late. Not a single hair on our head will be singed because HE carefully watches over us while HE has in the furnace. Praise HIS name! There is a song I like that says why shouldnt I praise HIM HE's been so good to me. Why shouldnt I praise HIM and with my soul I'm gonna sing. HE is my rock and fortress a friend in time of need. Why shouldnt I praise HIM. Amen

2008/2/12 1:20Profile

Re:

:-D I thought I felt something going on down here. Praise GOD !!!

Sis, your joy spilled over. I was about to close this window again but "felt something" and here you are. How wonderful!

I love this thread. So much has happened since you posted the original post. Glory to GOD!
You stay in my prayers and I love to hear your praises and devotionals. Keep them coming Sis.

Well, let me tell you while I'm here - Again Richard Wurmbrand came to my rescue Jan 6th and since. I don't think I'll ever forget that date. I was in pain that I've never experienced before and almost passed out a few times from it.
Well, I thought of Richard Wurmbrand and how he would take it. And I learned so much from that experience - I thank the LORD so much for it. I learned to "be quiet" despite that the pain was "torturous". I learned to look AT Jesus during it.
And then two weeks go by and I finally got to my Dr and because my Dr. is a Missionary - he has all Christian literature in his office and rooms. I opened a page of The Voice of The Martyrs with Richard Wurmbrand's picture on it and put it back up on the rack with his face showing - "for some reason". When the Dr came in I found out why. I was able to witness to the Nurse during the bruttle exam about Wurmbrand while I looked up in his face(picture) and she witnessed me taking the pain as he would have. GLORY TO GOD - a lesson learned. Now I know 'how' to take torturous pain. Alleluia!!!
I didn't know how before this. See? Isn't HE wonderful?!!!

'Thank you' again for having this thread here for us temporarily sickies. Better than a Support Group where they sit and complain. :-D

Bless 'you' Sister Donna. Big Time! See you again soon.

2008/2/12 1:56
donnaemmons9

Re:

I am so glad you responded to my message. I pray all the time that I am reaching people through my illness so that experiencing it will have been worth it. As you know, GOD isnt interested in us having fun or being comfortable but in having HIS character revealed in us so we might be made holy. I pray for holiness to be part of my life all the time because I am an intercessor. We cant come into GODS presence unless we are holy so it pays to have a pure heart and live that way before HIM. I believe HE takes us through trials to burn off dross, teach us things and so we are able to reach out to others better. Right now HE is trying to teach me how to have a meek and quiet spirit which the Bible says is precious in HIS sight. HE is teaching me to be still and know that HE is GOD. I feel like I am failing this more than learning it right now but I praise GOD for HIS patience with me. The hard part is when we have to keep experiencing the same thing over and over because we arent obedient or learn from it the first time. I like this song about holiness.

Holiness, holiness is what I long for
Holiness is what I need
Holiness, holiness is what You want from me

Faithfulness, faithfulness is what I long for
Faithfulness is what I need
Faithfulness, faithfulness is what You want from me

Take my heart and form it
Take my mind and transform it
Take my will and conform it
To Yours, to Yours, Oh Lord

Righteousness, righteousness is what I long for
Righteousness is what I need