SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : From the Cross to the Crown

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
donnaemmons9

From the Cross to the Crown

Isaiah 1:18-19 says come let us reason together saith the Lord your sins be as scarlet they shall be white as snow, though they be red like crimson they shall be as wool. If ye be willing and obedient ye shall eat the good of the land. The last part of that was spoken over me as a prophecy once. I feel that because of the trials I have gone through God has brought me to a higher spiritual level that I am beginning to be able to see the good of the land. I had to be a willing and obedient handmaiden of the Lord for God to take me there though. When everything is stripped away in the fire, removed, then you shall come forth shining as a jewel. God has a wonderful plan of salvation but it does involve death. That is not a popular idea and I can understand that. Who wants to be crucified to a cross? But, we need to crucify our self, desires and will. When this death occurs we will rise to newness of life. It is the Lord who issues the call in this passage. I believe it is a call to a trial. Often, when we need to be purified or cleansed God will take us through the fire. Job 23:10 reads Job saw his suffering as a test of his faith in and love for the Lord. His test was similar to that of Abraham when he was told to sacrifice his son Isaac. Jesus Christ, Himself was tested by the suffering He underwent and as a result He is now our pattern and example as His followers are required to walk in similar steps. God offers a place to His people who are deeply stained with sin to come. That is at the foot of the cross to receive His mercy and forgiveness. This passage in Isaiah is about their rebellion. In their prosperity Israel and Judah forgot God and fell into corruption and decay. Both nations had reached a peak of prosperity unknown since Solomons day. In both nations this material affluence produced ills that so often accompany wealth. Isaiah 1:25 says and I will turn my hand upon thee and purely purge away thy dross and take away all thy tin. God desires to restore a remnant who have bowed their knees to Him. James 1:12 states Blessed is the man that endureth temptation for when he is tried he shall receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to them that love Him.

2007/12/3 2:13Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy