SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Speaking in Tongues

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Mud-Angel

Dixon-Illinois

Speaking in Tongues

I would like to know what people think about Jonh MacArthur's text sermon Charismatic Chaos Speaking in Tongues

2007/12/1 15:49Profile

Re: Speaking in Tongues

Greetings new member.

Perhaps it would be useful if you told us what you think of John MacArthur's text sermon on Charismatic Chaos, and then offer a link as to where one can read the sermon for further reading.

;-)

2007/12/1 16:32
Mud-Angel

Dixon-Illinois

Re:

Greetings back to you.
Sorry I don't know how to do a link. Basically what he said was that tongues were a language in acts that people understood. He said why would God give you a language you can't understand plus to edify yourself. God gives gifts for the body not personel use. He saids tongues have ceased.Its a dangerous topic I'm just slinging some mud. I would rather say something people could understand. God Bless

2007/12/1 18:16Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

Hello there,

I read John McArthurs book Charismatic Chaos. Although he is quite a brand name in evangelical circles and much of his other teaching seems to be sound I can only warn of this book. I do not even find it well researched but rather opinionated.

I find Zac Poonen's Article very helpful to bring clarity to this hotly debated issue.

http://www.cfcindia.com/web/mainpages/articles.php?display=article07

I do not find much to add to this good article. Allow me just to make 1 little remark.

This is one of the primary verses cessationist quote:

1 Cor. 13:8: "Love never fails; but if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away. For we know in part, and we prophesy in part; but when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away."

Why then does only tongues cease and not knowledge ,too?

narrowpath

2007/12/1 19:21Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy