SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : I am new here and have questions

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
whyate

I am new here and have questions

I was registered a while ago but have not spent much time here until lately. This is a great site. I hope to do lots of growing here.

I was reading over the rules and I am not sure I know what you mean by:

"We would not have anyone not leaving a comment or exhortation; I.E. "May the Lord bless you richly" and the like is perfectly acceptable."

Please let me know?

2007/11/30 22:41Profile

Re: I am new here and have questions

I kinda like to see that translated to more simple language myself. I guess my lack of worldly education works against me in understanding many comments on and off SI. When I hear a political speaker or anyone ramble on about a subject and it is lengthy with great swelling words. After they get through speaking, you really don't know which side of the fence they landed on, I get suspicious about if they really know which side their on. I want ask them when they were a kid, did they walk to school or carry their lunch!!!

2007/11/30 22:51
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Personal Prayers and "Rebuking the Devil"

Please do not post personal prayers in a explicit matter to God in a posting or reply. We would not have anyone not leaving a comment or exhortation; I.E. "May the Lord bless you richly" and the like is perfectly acceptable. But do not post long, extraneously worded prayers in the forum. Do not post "rebukes to the devil" or "coming against every foul demon ..." worded pronouncements in the forum.

---

simply that section is stating that we can reference to God's name and pronounce blessings on others but to pray in the forums in long-winded prayers is not acceptable, ie the forums not being a place for these type of prayers. We can reference to prayer and seek prayer, but using the forum communications to specifically pray has been abused to a place of it lacking edification. I hope that makes abit more sense to you.

2007/11/30 22:57Profile
whyate

Re:

Thank you that does help. I get it now.

Matthew 6:5-7 (King James Version)

5And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

6But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

2007/11/30 23:01Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy