Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Seeking fellowship

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Jimm

Harare, ZIMBABWE

Seeking fellowship

Hello everyone

My names is James Dziya, I am from Africa however, I am currently living in the United States (Texas). I am 19 years old and I have come here to attend college. I am interested in any sort of fellowship with other Christians. My knowlege is very shallow and I wish to learn as much as I can about theology, and infact anything to do with Christianity. It is not that I believe that salvation comes from wisdom or knowlege, but if can develop this aspect of Spirituality in myself then, God willing, the light of Jesus can shine through me in this way for the Glory of God and salvation of many Africans (where I hope to return after college).

Thank you for taking the time to read this and God bless you.

James.

2004/5/28 18:16Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Seeking fellowship

Quote:
My names is James Dziya, I am from Africa however, I am currently living in the United States (Texas). I am 19 years old and I have come here to attend college. I am interested in any sort of fellowship with other Christians. My knowlege is very shallow and I wish to learn as much as I can about theology, and infact anything to do with Christianity.

Brother James, praise God you have come to the right place, sit down awhile and listen to these men of old that are offered in audio/video. As you know I recommed Leonard Ravenhill but there are many others that have a sense of the heart of God for our generation. One brother in paticular is [b]Keith Daniel[/b] he is an evangelist in South Africa right now and is still alive. His messages have an unusual unction from God and I highly recommend hearing him. Welcome again to the site, and it was great to see you at the Live Seminar.

2004/5/28 18:25Profile
Iesous4life

Ohio

Re: Seeking fellowship

James,
It is great to know that you are hungry for more of God! I want to recommend to read the New Testament whenever you get a chance. I try to wake up and read everyday. If you can wake up a little early and read the Word you will surely walk in light. Another thing that you can do is to ask Jesus to accelerate your learning. He will answer! Pray as often as you think of it. Keep focused on Jesus every minute. You will grow. I also want to encourage you to go to a church or perhaps a group of Christians that practice the laying on of hands.

Father, I come to you in the name of Jesus, Lord I pray that you fill James with your Spirit everyday, and help him to grow in knowledge and wisdom about You. Send him to a group of Christians that are in his area that can help him grow. Lord I pray that you pour grace upon him as he seeks You. Thank you Father for this day!

2004/6/5 13:53Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I also want to encourage you to go to a church or perhaps a group of Christians that practice the laying on of hands.

Great advice dear brother but I am not sure what you mean by going to a church that practises 'laying on of hands'. The one scripture that comes to mind is:

[b]1 Timothy 5:22[/b] - Do not be hasty in the laying on of hands, and do not share in the sins of others. Keep yourself pure.

2004/6/5 14:29Profile
Jimm

Harare, ZIMBABWE

Re:

Iesos4life

That is and interesting login name (Iesos4life); I had no idea that was the original Greek for Jesus. I will take your advice and read the New Testament more often, and praying more often too. Thank you for praying for me. I must confess already a member of church; it is a very poor Baptist Church, but they are growing in Spirit. I really like it! Well I hope to see more posts from you and, I will hopefully come to know you through this forum.

Your son in Christ

James

2004/6/6 10:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy