SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : SermonIndex.net Needs and Upgrades

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 SermonIndex.net Needs and Upgrades

Saints,

Many people ask me what are the needs for sermonindex from time to time, so I thought it would be profitable to put out a quick list of some of the needs so people know how to pray and give if they feel led.

1. Server Upgrade - right now the server where the sermons are hosted is FULL (120 gigs) so there is need to upgrade the server again, and I am hoping to get a solution in place that is over a few servers to help the bandwidth be balanced. This is simply a cost issue to get done. So right now I have not been adding new resources due to having no space to do so.

2. Computer Upgrade - right now I am working from a year old MACBOOK computer which is the only computer that is "alive" at this point. There is a good need to have a newer computer to do audio and video editing and other tasks.

3. Nonprofit - sermonindex is going to be heading towards non-profit status and I need help with any LAWYERS that would like to volunteer during this time or any other people that are experienced in this process.

Currently those are the 3 biggest needs and upgrades with sermonindex, but there are a plehora of smaller needs also. I appreciate the prayers of Gods people and the support by those that feel led.

As sermonindex turns non-profit there will be a better avenue for giving and setting up better more robust scenarios to handle the sermon media, etc.

2007/11/29 12:28Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: SermonIndex.net Needs and Upgrades

bump.

2007/11/30 16:02Profile

Re: SermonIndex.net Needs and Upgrades

Quote:

sermonindex wrote:
Saints,

Many people ask me what are the needs for sermonindex from time to time, so I thought it would be profitable to put out a quick list of some of the needs so people know how to pray and give if they feel led.

1. Server Upgrade - right now the server where the sermons are hosted is FULL (120 gigs) so there is need to upgrade the server again, and I am hoping to get a solution in place that is over a few servers to help the bandwidth be balanced. This is simply a cost issue to get done. So right now I have not been adding new resources due to having no space to do so.

2. Computer Upgrade - right now I am working from a year old MACBOOK computer which is the only computer that is "alive" at this point. There is a good need to have a newer computer to do audio and video editing and other tasks.

3. Nonprofit - sermonindex is going to be heading towards non-profit status and I need help with any LAWYERS that would like to volunteer during this time or any other people that are experienced in this process.

Currently those are the 3 biggest needs and upgrades with sermonindex, but there are a plehora of smaller needs also. I appreciate the prayers of Gods people and the support by those that feel led.

As sermonindex turns non-profit there will be a better avenue for giving and setting up better more robust scenarios to handle the sermon media, etc.

Praying!

2007/11/30 22:05
BlazedbyGod

Re:

How do you feel about the people on SI helping out finacially, you know like sending donations to help aid with any finacial upgrades for the site. I know I wouldn't mind this, as I am tremendously BLESSED everyday by SI.

2007/11/30 22:34Profile
broclint

West Monroe, LA

Re: how would you feel

I second the question. I know that many of us would gladly donate and some of those who had the privilege of attending the Conference (those who came with me) would gladly contribute to this most worthy cause.

Clint

2007/11/30 22:39Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Saints,

I have just made these needs known so people can pray about this and if they felt led contribute. There are alot of big steps ahead for sermonindex and I know that where the Lord guides He will provide and I am confident in that. There is a donation link on the left hand menu bar where you can send a donation. I am praying to take steps to get sermonindex.net non-profit so there can be tax deductions in giving. Also that will provide a more accountable system. I do believe God wants to expand the reach of sermonindex more and I do ask that the saints of God continue to pray for this ministry and pray for myself.

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/donations/

2007/12/1 9:18Profile

Re:

Hi Greg,

If your in New Brunswick for several months and I send a cheque to your address in Victoria, will that cheque be cashed or will it be cashed when you arrive back home in the Spring? I am asking because if that be the case, I would just send you a cheque in the Spring, if not, I can do it online which is my second preference.

Thanks

2007/12/1 14:57
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
If your in New Brunswick for several months and I send a cheque to your address in Victoria, will that cheque be cashed or will it be cashed when you arrive back home in the Spring? I am asking because if that be the case, I would just send you a cheque in the Spring, if not, I can do it online which is my second preference.

I have a brother administering the mail and cheques in victoria, so you can go ahead and send it and it will arrive to myself. He is forwarding important mail to me every month.

2007/12/1 18:07Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

One brother asked me about the non-profit organization steps and what that entails. I will keep everyone posted on the timeline for this and steps and help needed to ensure sermonindex becomes a organization. This will help further the work of sermonindex by putting in place a strong staff of people who will prayerfully help guide the vision of this ministry.

2007/12/1 23:55Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:

Saints,

please keep praying for solutions to see these points come to pass for sermonindex.

2007/12/3 8:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy