SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : i dreamed a dream...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

i dreamed a dream...

Dear Saints Greetings in Jesus' Name by Whose Blood we are Saved.AMEN

i had a dream a couple of weeks ago which i'm not entirely sure of the meaning. Perhaps God may give Grace to some here to help me unravel this.

it is as follows:
i was at a boarding school back home it seems in Zimbabwe. it was in a rural area and similar to a school i went to myself. We all wore a grey uniform. i found myself being chased about by some of the other guys at school and i ran because i knew they meant me harm. i ran all over the school with a group of them chasing me and others hiding in places waiting to catch me as i ran by. Somehow i eluded capture and continued to run, i din't get tired even though the ones chasing me did. Eventually i ran out of the school grounds (i figured i would get no rest there) and went to a wilderness area nearby in which there was a pride of lions. the others chased me there and i ran through thickets of wood, jumped over rocks and climbed over boulders with no effort really until i found the pride. at first i saw only 1 large male lion and it was perched atop a pile of boulders and i climbed up to it and stood by it. my pursuers were trying to figure out how to get up there when the other lions began to appear and run them off. The dream ended there.

i have some impressions of what some of the things could be and i wouldn't have bothered with this except i felt led of God. The dream hasn't left me, that is i haven't forgotten it like others so i believe that there is something to be understood from it.

to whomever God gives Grace to help with understanding this, please respond.

Grace and PEace are ours in Jesus.AMEN.

2007/11/29 11:50Profile
whyate

Re: i dreamed a dream...

I do not have a wonderful interpretaion of your dream for you. But I have found that when I have visions the Lord always gives me the understanding of it in prayer, when the time is perfect.

Just wanted to share with you.

Acts 2: 17
17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

2007/11/29 13:59Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

Greetings in Jesus' Name by Whose Blood we are Saved.AMEN.

bro Whyate, thank you for your encouraging words and i do trust God will open the meaning of this up to me in time through whatever means/vessel He sees fit.

Grace and Peace are ours in Jesus.AMEN.

2007/11/29 17:49Profile
Spitfire

Hello Ironman. I'm very interested in your dream as I often have spiritual dreams. I just want to share a couple of things that have stood out about your dream as I have meditated about it since yesterday.

In the dream, you went to a well established, accepted place to "learn". It turned out to not be a place of safety and advancement for you, but rather a place that you had to flee from for your life. The place that provided safety for you, as it turns out, was in the wilderness with lions. How...strange. How...backwards to this world's way of thinking. Of all the "wild" creatures on earth that would be dangerous to man, a lion, I would think, would be up close to the top of the list.

Perhaps we should consider moving the prideful, intellectual to the top of the list...just a thought.

Note: I'm not suggesting that you are the prideful intellect, but perhaps you have submitted yourself to those same. That is said simply from my observations of your dream. Not intended as "thus saith the Lord". Love, Dian.

2007/11/30 5:17Profile
nowhr2hide

Australia

Hi Ironman :-) often when dream given or inspired by God you will recieve the interpretation of it and confirmed with two or three witness and sometimes through prophesy.
I can only offer you a prayer that if this dream you have is inspired by God, He will lead you the the one can give the understanding and annointed by the Holy Spirit. I pray that the Lord will protect and shield you from any false interpretation and prophesy and bless you with wisdom and decernment to know in your spirit the answer/understanding of your dreams. In Jesus Name i pray amen.

2007/11/30 9:44Profile
nowhr2hide

Australia

Re:

And also for the mean time its better off just put it on the shelves and not to focus or meditate on it, for the enemy/evil spirit are cunning. Be at ease God will brings you light on this in due time. :-)

2007/11/30 9:59Profile
IRONMAN

interesting...

sis Dian, Greetings in JEsus' Name by Whose BLood we are Saved.AMEN.

you said:

Quote:
In the dream, you went to a well established, accepted place to "learn". It turned out to not be a place of safety and advancement for you, but rather a place that you had to flee from for your life.

i had the same sense, that this was a well organized institution in which we were all to be the same and i thought it to be the organized church as we know it. That i had to run does speak of my general experience in it, not fitting in and not being able to settle in and oft made to feel unwelcome. Perhaps it could also speak of the world system at the same time in the same sort of way as it pertains to the Christian?

Quote:
The place that provided safety for you, as it turns out, was in the wilderness with lions.

i thought of how some of the servants of God spent a time in the wilderness being sharpened and prepared to work or for a period during their work. There they had nobody to fear because God took care of them.

Quote:
How...strange. How...backwards to this world's way of thinking. Of all the "wild" creatures on earth that would be dangerous to man, a lion, I would think, would be up close to the top of the list.

that's what i thought also. the thing is i ran to that place as though i knew of it and knew that i was safe among the lions as opposed to that school. in my boarding school experience, everything was provided for, food water, bedding and so on but the wilderness had no such comforts yet i left the comforts i knew for something else completely, not knowing how i was to be fed but being sure that i was safe there completely. Perhaps the lion is like the cross, sure to kill you if you approach it, yet this is the thing we need if we are to Live. Perhaps the school is an alternative to that?

Quote:
Perhaps we should consider moving the prideful, intellectual to the top of the list...just a thought.

perhaps so, perhaps that school represents all of man's intellectual assessment of God, Salvation and so on being presented as an alternative to the dangerous wilderness which is true relationship with Him?

Quote:
Note: I'm not suggesting that you are the prideful intellect, but perhaps you have submitted yourself to those same. That is said simply from my observations of your dream. Not intended as "thus saith the Lord". Love, Dian.

this is worth considering and seeking God about coz Lord knows i want to be walking the walk so if i have so submitted myself to men then i need to have Him get me out of that quick...

i thank God for what He is working out here.AMEN.

thanks sis!

Grace and PEace are ours in JEsus.AMEN.

2007/11/30 11:55Profile
IRONMAN

thanks!

bro nowhr2hide Greetings in Jesus' Name by Whose Blood we are Saved.AMEN.

thank you for your yieldedness to God in bringing words of Comfort and Exhortation from Him. Thank you for offering up that prayer of protection also for such are always needed more so with things like this.

may God be increasingly Gracious and MErciful to you His servant.AMEN.

2007/11/30 11:58Profile
destinysweet

I have been given an interpretation for your dream, however I will not be online again till after the 11th Dec. as we are moving now.So I will pray about this to make certain it is for you and not just how God is ministering it to me as a personal thing(something I am familiar with because it speaks of my own experience)and then get back to you either way as the Lord wills..very interesting...but I must pray it through to be certain...then you and others may consider.

2007/12/3 23:49Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

bro Destinysweet, Greetings in Jesus' Name by Whose Blood we are Saved.AMEN.

you said:

Quote:

destinysweet wrote:
I have been given an interpretation for your dream, however I will not be online again till after the 11th Dec. as we are moving now.So I will pray about this to make certain it is for you and not just how God is ministering it to me as a personal thing(something I am familiar with because it speaks of my own experience)and then get back to you either way as the Lord wills..very interesting...but I must pray it through to be certain...then you and others may consider.

i pray God has revealed something to you and that He gives you Grace to share at the time of His Choosing. May it be as He has Purposed.AMEN.

2007/12/4 1:38Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy