SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : God's faithfulness

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Gideons

Virginia

God's faithfulness

One of the purposes of this forum is to share God's faithfulness. I want you to encourage how Christ has sustained you during difficult seasons in your life.

There was a young boy who was such a mess, physically, emotionally, spiritually, you name it. He heard a song called "It is Well with My Soul" and this young boy prayed for this peace, the peace that only Jesus could plant in one's heart.

Although this was a sincere prayer, the young boy was already drowning in a sea of unbelief. The fruit of this unbelief drowned out this prayer.

Yet through it all, God was faithful to this young boy and the Lord lovingly chastened Him in increasing intensity. Nearly 30 years passed and the Lord brought this man from the depths of the sea to the cross of Christ. This man cried out to God and the Lord forgive this man for the unbelief and all of the sins that had ensued. He planted this peace that only Jesus can plant in one's heart.

This now middle-aged man sang "It is Well with My Soul" at this same church and the Lord called to rememberance the prayer of that young boy who sought the Lord for this peace that had been taken by unbelief.

Yes, that young boy was me. I thank Jesus for being faithful to me and I want to remind you of His faithfulness. Psalms 89:1 " I will sing of the mercies of the Lord for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations." Beloved, he is [b]always[/b] faithful.

2004/5/28 9:40Profile
moreofHim

Re: God's faithfulness

Ed,

thank you so much for sharing this. I believe this brings God much more glory than us debating and discussing issues that only bring seperation.

May [b]everything[/b] we do be for the glory of God! :-) He is faithful!

in Him, chanin

2004/5/28 11:10Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
There was a young boy who was such a mess, physically, emotionally, spiritually, you name it. He heard a song called "It is Well with My Soul" and this young boy prayed for this peace, the peace that only Jesus could plant in one's heart.

Brother Ed, thank you so much. Praise God for your humility in sharing this. God is so awesome and how He works is beyond our grasping, but looking back on your life its very neat to see how God worked and brought you to Him. You might find this interesting, leonard ravenhill compiled it: [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1977&forum=26&2]It is Hell, It is Hell in My Soul[/url]

Quote:
thank you so much for sharing this. I believe this brings God much more glory than us debating and discussing issues that only bring seperation.

Sister Chanin, I do agree that sometimes debating can cause discensions and every type of evil thing (backbitting, gossip, etc). But at the same time fruitful discussion of the scriptures with an open mind can bring tremendous blessing. I have officially renamed the forum sections (debating, word studies, etc into one called):

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewforum.php?forum=36&3344][b]Scriptures and Doctrine[/b]
"Test everything, Hold on to the good." - 1 Thess 5:21[/url]

I believe that I have much to share with others and at the same time HAVE so MUCH to learn from others, yes God teaches me much, but I have been revealed divine truth as people said things and bantered back and forth between opinions. Most of the doctrinal discussion I would say is with the intent of building up not tearing down. But there is a time for everything: rebuking, chastining, reproving, strengthening, teaching, building, etc.

2004/5/28 11:20Profile
moreofHim

Re:

Quote:
I do agree that sometimes debating can cause discensions and every type of evil thing (backbitting, gossip, etc). But at the same time fruitful discussion of the scriptures with an open mind can bring tremendous blessing

I agree! My only concern is that it should not take the focus off of Christ. Everything should bring us to Christ. Luckily, there is not too much debating that goes on here and I have been very surprised by the "love" in which it is done. Like we've discussed before, this is rare in forums.

You will know them by their love for one another. :-)

2004/5/28 11:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy