SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : TIME TRAVEL

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hello...

Interesting question!

I think that my first choice would be to simply have watched Jesus praying. Oh -- what an interesting thing to see!

I would also like to have seen the events of Luke 5:1-11. It would have been interesting to see the look on Simon Peter's face when he realized just who Jesus really was.

Of course, I would gladly accept a 10 minute view of ANYTHING found between Genesis 1:1 and Revelation 22:21! I'd love to have witnessed the Creation of mankind, the ark of Noah, the LORD's conversation with Job from the whirlwind in Job 38-42, the burning bush, Moses experience in Exodus 33 and 34, the crossing of the Red Sea, the death of Moses, events from the lives of Abraham, Joshua, David, Solomon, etc... I'd love to have watched the conversions of the Apostles (like Peter, John, Paul, etc...). I'd want to have viewed Christ on the Cross, the resurrection, and have walked with him in the days that followed. I'd love to have seen his ascension in Act chapter 1. I'd want to have seen the events of Acts 2 (including the type of prayer meeting BEFORE the Holy Spirit was poured out). I'd love to have witnessed events from the lives of the apostles -- especially John's "revelation" on the isle of Patmos. I'd love to have seen Christ as John saw Him!

The good thing is that one day we WILL see the face of God! Regardless of whether or not this will happen on this side of Eternity, it is still a blessed hope!

Anyway, aren't you glad that we have a record in the Word that so vividly describes many of these events in splendid detail? In a way, we [i]can[/i] travel "through time" and witness these events within the auspices of our minds. What a glorious treasure!

:-)

P.S. - Krispy, I thought for sure that you would have wanted to travel to meet with Jake Delhomme shortly before the Panthers' game with the Falcons. You could have warned him about avoiding a certain elbow injury that would end his season.

;-)

2007/11/27 11:12Profile

Re:

Quote:

Compton wrote:
I think I might travel back into my own past and have a frank talk with myself...

MC

Me too. The problem is that I wouldn't listen!

Jeannette

2007/11/27 12:53

Re: TIME TRAVEL

I would best like to travel forward in time, to the instant before Jesus returns.

That way there'd be no need to endure this wicked old world for longer than an eyeblink!

Yeah, yeah, pure escapism, but it would be wonderful to miss out the trials and tribulations and plunge straight into the Millennium - assuming that will be what comes next.

Either way it'll be great...

Jeannette

2007/11/27 12:56
BenWilliams

El Paso, Texas

Re:

I think that I would go back to a three year period about two thousand years ago.

Other than that, I would have gone with John the Baptist into the wilderness.

I also think I would have gone to see Paul writing Romans, and ask him to explain it to me. : )

2007/11/27 14:54Profile

Re:

This is a great question...and a tough one! Here's one period that came to my mind:

10 minutes...I would like to see 10 minutes of the life of the early Church. To see the believers full of joy and of the Holy Ghost, loving one another, even disagreeing at times, yet all walking in the fulness, unity, and love of the Holy Spirit. Maybe five minutes sitting under the preaching of, this is really hard, John (disciple) or Paul, and then five minutes of seeing normal interaction between the saints.

And then coming back to my time period and living as I ought and loving the brethen as I ought to with an even fuller understanding of what Christ desires of us as a Bride. ;-)

Yes, I'd like to see the church operating the way God designed her to...but wait, I don't need to go back in time for this, it's possible today! But it would have been really neat to have seen the disciples of Christ living out what He taught, and seeing them 'turn the world upside down'.

And I agree with Jeanette (littlegift), I'd love to go [i]forward[/i] in time to the return of Christ...but perhaps that isn't too far off anyway!

[i]"Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
2 [b]Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;[/b] who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
3 For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds." Hebrews 12:1-3[/i]

2007/11/27 17:56
intrcssr83

Logan City, Queensland, Australia

Re:

I was thinking you could probably do it Terminator style i.e., pick a well-known heretic in church history, travel back in time, preach the word, and alter church history forever. Imagine going the time when the gnostics started to appear on the scene and preaching contents of John's letters!

2007/11/27 20:49Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
Anyone got a De Lorean??

Krispy

GREAT SCOTT MAN! :-P

2007/11/27 22:50Profile
dohzman

Re: good answer Mike

I would like to be with Jesus in the wilderness of temptation and watch as much as I could first hand in His dealings with satan.

2007/11/27 23:04Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

I'd like to go back to the moment before Genisis 1. I'd like to hang out with The Father, Son and Holy Spirit and be in the complete presence of God before the existance of anything.

Or I'd really like to go back and not eat so much pizza tonight. Heart burn...

2007/11/28 1:29Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Well, we have some very godly replies, some funny, quite a variety.

But mine would be, to travel way back in history.

I would like to go back to the days when Michael Jackson was black.

God bless.

2007/11/28 1:30Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy