SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Purpose of the Son's incarnation

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Nasher

Watford, UK

The Purpose of the Son's incarnation

What is the primary purpose of the Son's incarnation?

Please provide scriptural evidence please.

2004/5/28 5:12Profile
Matthew2323

Colorado

Re: The Purpose of the Son's incarnation

"She will bear a Son; and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will [b]save His people from their sins[/b]."
Matthew 1:21

It is a trustworthy statement, deserving full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to [b]save sinners[/b], among whom I am foremost of all.
I Timothy 1:14

You know that He appeared in order [b]to take away sins[/b]; and in Him there is no sin.
I John 3:5

See also Romans 5.

2004/5/28 10:32Profile
eagleswings

Connecticut, USA

I don’t know if you consider them “primary”, but at least one (or two) purposes are:

To taste death for every man.

To destroy the devil who had the power of death

“We see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man. … Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage” (Hebrews 2:9; 14,15).

A third purpose:

If you’ll grant that He had to be incarnated in order to suffer like other human beings do, another purpose was “to bring many sons to glory” by being their sanctification.

“For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings. For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren, Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee. And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me” (Hebrews 2:10-13) (1 Corinthians 1:30)

A fourth purpose:

That those He redeemed and brought to glory (the Church) will together sing the praises of Him who called us out of darkness into His marvelous light.

“But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light” (1 Peter 2:9)

“To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God, According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Ephesians. 3:10, 11).

2004/5/28 11:03Profile
Jimm

Harare, ZIMBABWE

Hey Nasher

This is what our Lord said in the gospel recorded by John(chapert 3), "14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: 15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

James

2004/5/30 9:58Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy