Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Forgiveness

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
nowhr2hide

Australia

Forgiveness

what is forgiveness?
Is forgiveness is a gift? or an ability for any one to do?
what is it really means and how far are we willing to forgive those who done wrong towards us?

2007/11/24 10:30Profile
pastorfrin

Re: Forgiveness

If one is a disciple of Christ, this far.

Matthew 18:21-35
Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? [22] Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.
[23] Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants. [24] And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents. [25] But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made. [26] The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all. [27] Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt. [28] But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest. [29] And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all. [30] And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt. [31] So when his fellowservants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done. [32] Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me: [33] Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee? [34] And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him. [35] So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.

2007/11/24 13:23Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

how do we know we have forgiven people? I heard a illustration by Zac Poonen i liked, he said : Think of the person that has done you most wrong, the person who harmed and hurt you the most. Now think of meeting this person, will you feel some recentment in your heart? or can you smile at them a genuine smile?

If you can smile an honest smile from your heart you have forgiven them

something like that :-) i think i got along his point, but i think there is some truth in this

2007/11/24 14:53Profile

Re:

GOOD subject - Thank you!

They say that you can't 'Not Forgive' someone that you are Praying for.

Another thing a brother taught - that is so very true is that - When we understand what "Agape Love" is - [i]it is God seeing "what the person CAN or will be, in the future.[/i]"

So we don't look at what people are Now - but what God Can Make of them and we pray towards that end - and before long - we're not seeing them as they are now - but what beauty they 'will' have when God is done with them --- just as we want Him to change us and give us many chances to get there - like Pastorfrin's verses said.

We desire to not stay the same - 'we' want to be made 'better humans' by Him everyday - so we need to look at everyone that way too - because God may work faster in them, than in us, just to show us how wrong unforgiveness is.

When we pray for them, we are releasing God's blessing on their life to make them a better human and we pray that others are praying for us, to make [i]us[/i] better persons.

LORD, make us all better humans and give us the hope for others, even more than for ourselves, knowing You'll honor that prayer and make us better humans in the process. Thank you Jesus!

2007/11/24 15:15

Re:

Where there is fogiveness, there is no divorce.

2007/11/26 1:27
nowhr2hide

Australia

Re:

:-)true, as far how i have experience forgiveness, before i come to know the true Christ Jesus," i'd say true Christ because of my catholic backround".Then i understood the true forgiveness through that it enable me to forgive and a far to deep pain only via Christ Jesus i am even able to live and love so much the person that hurt me most, It is beyond for me to describe it, as pastorfrin qouted the scripture in matthew, i have to experience the forgiveness that enable me to forgive. hey i can be corrected with another scripture here again of what i have experience. I have experience His mercy from the ACTUAL(spiritual)pit of hell and given me another chance to live rightly for the Glory of Christ, it is a hard yaka to be so called a christian, and i still can't call myself a christian, because to christian means christ like, i am working on that ... it's hard each day, a part of me i need to overcome. I think forgiveness is most beautifull treasure to have. This is just like a child discribing what i have recieve in the mercy Throne of God. :-)

2007/11/26 6:27Profile

Re: Forgiveness

Thank you for this question, indeed very important.

We often find it impossible to have [i]feelings[/i] of forgiveness. The question is if there is the [i]will[/i] to forgive. Because if we want to forgive we can trust the Lord to do the rest.

It is also important to distinguish real unforgiveness from the illusion that we haven't forgiven. Otherwise we can unjustly beat ourselves mentally into a pulp accusing ourselves of not forgiving, when we have.

I expect we have all had problems with rebellious thoughts (including those of anger and unforgiveness) running around and around in our minds. They won't go away, however hard we try to banish them. But in themselves these thoughts aren't unforgiveness. Neither is a continuing feeling of hurt because of something said or done by another.

All I know is that I can't forgive deeop hurts, however hard I try, but Jesus in me can!

Keep giving the feelings and thoughts over to Him and [i][u]letting them go[/u][/i]. In the end the Enemy will hopefully give up tormenting you with those particular things.

I remember at least once desperately pleading with the Lord to bring forgiveness into my heart, and after a time, suddenly all the anger and resentment was gone!

There was also a time when I had to ASK the Lord if I had forgiven a brother who had behaved badly towards me, because we were in a meeting together for communion. I couldn't partake without being certain I really had forgiven him.

The Lord assured me that I had indeed forgiven, even though the wound was still raw and painful. I honestly didn't know!

Blessings

Jeannnette

2007/11/26 7:11

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy