SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Christian Leaders Invite Muslims to Love God, Neighbors Together

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
hulsey

Missouri

Christian Leaders Invite Muslims to Love God, Neighbors Together

Christian leaders across denominational lines responded to the unprecedented open letter signed last month by 138 representative Muslim leaders with their own letter, calling on the two Abrahamic faiths to love God and neighbors together.

Over 100 theologians, ministry leaders, and prominent pastors have thus far signed the response letter issued by the Yale Center for Faith and Culture.

Signers include Jim Wallis, president of Sojourners; Rick Warren, founder and senior pastor of Saddleback Church; John Stott, rector emeritus of All Souls Church in London; and Leith Anderson, president of the National Association of Evangelicals.

The Christian signatories said they “share the sentiments” of the Muslim leaders who pointed out that Muslims and Christians make up over half of the world’ population and therefore true peace cannot occur as long as conflict persists between the two religious communities.

“Peaceful relations between Muslims and Christians stand as one of the central challenges of this century, and perhaps of the whole present epoch,” wrote the Christian leaders.

“If we can achieve religious peace between these two religious communities, peace in the world will clearly be easier to attain.”

The rest of the article can be found here:[url=http://www.christianpost.com/article/20071123/30194_Christian_Leaders_Invite_Muslims_to_Love_God%2C_Neighbors_Together.htm]The Christian Post[/url]

2007/11/23 13:13Profile
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

Re: Christian Leaders Invite Muslims to Love God, Neighbors Together

Peace is always to be persued, however:

2Co 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
2Co 6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
2Co 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
2Co 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.
2Co 6:18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
Blessings Greg :-(

2007/11/23 17:53Profile

Re:

Not being a Rick Warren fan nor eccumenical, I still wish we had been a better witness to them.

Pro 16:7 When a man's ways please the LORD, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him.

2007/11/24 0:23
hulsey

Missouri

Re:

Amen HE_Reigns I was just thinking about that this morning. Everyone loves to quote/paraphrase Hebrews 12:4 "without holiness no one will see the Lord." It actually says to pursue peace with All men before it mentions holiness. We should prefer peace except at the expense of holiness, that [i]otherness[/i] about the Christian that sets him apart from all other men and separates him to God.

2007/11/24 9:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy