SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Does God allow human sacrifice?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Does God allow human sacrifice?

Gen 22:1 And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt
Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I
am.
22:2 And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou
lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for
a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.

Judges 11:30-40:

And Jephthah vowed a vow unto the LORD, and said, If thou shalt without fail deliver the children of Ammon into mine hands, Then it shall be, that whatsoever cometh forth of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return in peace from the children of Ammon, shall surely be the LORD'S, and I will offer it up for a burnt offering.
So Jephthah passed over unto the children of Ammon to fight against them; and the LORD delivered them into his hands. And he smote them from Aroer, even till thou come to Minnith, [even] twenty cities, and unto the plain of the vineyards, with a very great slaughter. Thus the children of Ammon were subdued before the children of Israel.
And Jephthah came to Mizpeh unto his house, and, behold, his daughter came out to meet him with timbrels and with dances: and she [was his] only child; beside her he had neither son nor daughter. And it came to pass, when he saw her, that he rent his clothes, and said, Alas, my daughter! thou hast brought me very low, and thou art one of them that trouble me: for I have opened my mouth unto the LORD, and I cannot go back. And she said unto him, My father, [if] thou hast opened thy mouth unto the LORD, do to me according to that which hath proceeded out of thy mouth; forasmuch as the LORD hath taken vengeance for thee of thine enemies, [even] of the children of Ammon.
And she said unto her father, Let this thing be done for me: let me alone two months, that I may go up and down upon the mountains, and bewail my virginity, I and my fellows. And he said, Go. And he sent her away [for] two months: and she went with her companions, and bewailed her virginity upon the mountains. And it came to pass at the end of two months, that she returned unto her father, who did with her [according] to his vow which he had vowed: and she knew no man. And it was a custom in Israel, [That] the daughters of Israel went yearly to lament the daughter of Jephthah the Gileadite four days in a year.

Human sacrifice for idol worshippers.

2007/11/20 6:03
lastblast

Michigan

Re: Does God allow human sacrifice?

YES!!!!

"Whosoever shall LOSE his life for my sake, shall save his life"..........

All true believers are called to partake in "human sacrifice" ;-)

2007/11/20 10:16Profile

Re:

lol... good answer! I enjoyed that. You're right.

Krispy

2007/11/20 10:23

Re:

Thanks sahring your views.

2007/11/20 10:34

Re:

Quote:
Thanks sahring your views.

You're like a computer.... did you type that in monotone? :-P

I'm glad you're here, but I have to wonder WHY you're here. You dont seem interested in conversating about anything... you just ask a question and then reply with "Thanks for sharing your views". Reminds me of those calls you get when their conducting a poll... they ask an off the wall question, you answer, and they say "Thanks for sharing your views" and then hang up.

Why dont you join in the conversation? Are you afraid that we might get to know you a little bit?

Krispy

2007/11/20 10:45
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Does God allow human sacrifice?

Chandras,
Thanks for sharing this.

Sorry, couldn't help it. Well, I could, I just didn't want to.

God bless.

2007/11/20 11:07Profile

Re:

... lol.

You're bad.

Krispy

2007/11/20 12:34

Re:

Thank you so much.

2007/11/20 20:09

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.