SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL! I am so thankful for.....

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
HisHandmaid

Florida

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL! I am so thankful for.....

I am thankful for the Word of God and His 10 Commandments. I am thankful for THOU SHALL NOTS.

I am so thankful for the Old Testament Prophets. They spoke to their generation with warning and CORRECTIONS. They speak to us today as we open them up and read their words and as the Spirit CONVICTS us personally through these human beings' words. They speak to us about the future of nations and wars and this country's fate and Israel's future trials and Messiah's coming reign. I wonder where we would be without those precious words of the prophets. I am thankful that they were obedient to God and spoke out, at the cost of chastisement of all, and that they did it without care of the shaming of men. The prophets suffered.

I am thankful for Jesus Christ coming to man, His message of washing each other's feet, and rebuke of sin. I am thankful how He told all to, "REPENT, THEN BELIEVE." I am thankful for all of the personal CORRECTIVE WORDS that He spoke to many people. It helps me to know how to behave. I am thankful for his life, voluntary death and resurrection. Jesus Christ suffered.

I am thankful for Paul and his words and writing which speaks to us today (teaching us) of PROPER CHRISTIAN BEHAVIOR, proper behavior of Bishops, children, wives, younger women, older women, etc, etc, etc. I appreciate his words of edifications, wisdom, and REBUKE; even though he was speaking to other civilizations in another time, his strong words still CORRECT US today in concert with the Holy Spirit of God. Paul suffered.

I am thankful for Timothy, Peter, John, etc., who, through these men's inspired words, gives us correction, rebuke, instruction, and wisdom. Their words are a plumbline to all. The disciples suffered.

I am thankful for those unknown preachers (as well as those older heavyweights) who preach today (or their recordings, those who have just passed on) words of rebuke, correction, warnings of apostacy, and of a straight and narrow way. God's workers suffer.

I am thankful for those on this website who post. We certainly cannot deny that the Holy Spirit is speaking through some posters here on this website forum. I am thankful for the ability to hear their words and go to links to their websites, as they inspire me (was listening to one of them speaking to a congregation as I was typing this!)to a life of the straight and narrow, and supply words of correction. We suffer.

I enjoy living by rules that the Word of God in concert with His Holy Spirit give me, along with His CONVICTION too. I enjoy the words of modern-day men (and women) which, in concert with the Holy Spirit, CONVICT me of my error(s; and who's motivation is to spread righteousness and righteous living in the Lord. Hey, it's personal. It is individual. It is relational.

I've been through the greasy grace's jesus christ some time ago, fully immersed. (The Word speaks of another jesus, another spirit and another gospel, 2 Cor 11:1-4) It was surely a slippery, wild, do-what-you-want, live by your own path, your own rules "rule" in the name of freedom kind of religion. No correction needed or required of the congregation from the pulpit$ of that religion because the crowd has got "itchy ears". There were lots of cliches in their jargon to keep you from conviction and seeking righteousness. It is a form of apostacy that is desparately in need of a plumbline. I am thankful for being pulled from there. The blessings religion. No suffering. No sweat.

This Thanksgiving,I am thankful for other man's (and women's) words. And thankful that we are still in a time (though the clock is ticking) that we can freely publish our thoughts. And we will suffer to a degree.

Be thankful.

Speak.

Suffer.

2007/11/17 22:04Profile

Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL! I am so thankful for.....

I thank God for what He is doing in my life, for His process of conforming me to the image of Christ. God is good!!!

[b]Thanks to God[/b]

Thanks to God for my Redeemer,
Thanks for all Thou dost provide!
Thanks for times now but a memory,
Thanks for Jesus by my side!
Thanks for pleasant, balmy springtime,
Thanks for dark and stormy fall!
Thanks for tears by now forgotten,
Thanks for peace within my soul!

Thanks for prayers that Thou hast answered,
Thanks for what Thou dost deny!
Thanks for storms that I have weathered,
Thanks for all Thou dost supply!
Thanks for pain, and thanks for pleasure,
Thanks for comfort in despair!
Thanks for grace that none can measure,
Thanks for love beyond compare!

Thanks for roses by the wayside,
Thanks for thorns their stems contain!
Thanks for home and thanks for fireside,
Thanks for hope, that sweet refrain!
Thanks for joy and thanks for sorrow,
Thanks for heav’nly peace with Thee!
Thanks for hope in the tomorrow,
Thanks through all eternity!

http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/t/h/thankstg.htm

2007/11/21 14:07

Re:

How did I miss this thread??? :-)

I thank God for saving me, for my family and the salvation of my family, for meeting all our physical and spiritual needs, for always having money to pay our bills, for God's people and for using a week vessle like me to be His hands and feet.Oh,and for this message board.

I'm sure I'll think of more later. :-)

2007/11/21 14:16
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Good stuff!

I agree with all that is already said. I am also thankful for the Lord's patience as we grow closer to Him and conform to His image.

Also, I am thankful for my wife (Mireya). We have been married since March, and I am so thankful for our joining together along this journey. She is truly a virtuous woman!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Shalom!

:-)

2007/11/21 15:06Profile
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

Ps 100:4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.

Col 3:15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.

Php 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

Col 4:2 Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving;

Re 7:12 Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.

I'm thankful to the Lord Jesus for salvation, life in Him, and joy in the journey. I'm thankful for the Spirit of Truth that leads us into all truth.

Thankful for my dad, mom, brother, and sister. I'm thankful for all those who have gone before me in the Christian faith and paved the way.

I'm thankful for all of you here on SI. :-) For all the brothers and sister how have encouraged me in the Lord and been as iron sharpening iron.

I could go on, but I better stop. :-)

Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

Jordan

2007/11/21 17:01Profile
mackaymarsh

Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL! I am so thankful for.....

I am so very thankful that I found S. I. this year and my new laptop that allows me to go somewhere (especially the nearby Holiday Inn Express) with a high speed Wi-Fi so I can download such instructive, encouraging and corrective messages. God has certainly been patient with me as I get back to ‘Biblical’ reality. I want to expressly thank David Wilkerson, Carter Conlan, Neil Rhodes, William Carrol and all the folks at TSCNY. They are a blessing! I had stopped David’s newsletters in 1999; ‘big’ mistake.

I also want to give a special thanks to Zac Poonen, Andrew Strom, Anne Graham Lotz and the many others as well as life changing treasures from Saints as Leonard Ravenhill, T. Austin-Sparks, A. W. Tozer and Paris Reidhead. ( Oh my, the revelation from Mr. Reidhead’s message “Redeemed from the Curse of the Law.” Thank You, Jesus! ) . So many, yet I’ve only scratched the surface.

Greg, God was certainly leading you and I appreciate the leadership you and Mike give as well as your hearts and writings. With the ‘Forums’ you have, and need, much grace and authority. My prayers are with you.

God, Thank you for my family! They continually bless me and bring me much joy…

God heard my cry, sought me out, gave me His Spirit and He called me His son. But I tried to do His work in my strength and understanding. Then He saw me coming ‘home’ from afar… How can I ever say “thanks?”

Father, have mercy on us all...

Wayne
Hebrews 5:8 [i]Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;[/i]
( how much more should I? )

2007/11/21 21:18Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy