SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Adventures: bring sweaters for the gals at the beach

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Adventures: bring sweaters for the gals at the beach

I wrote this back in April 2007 and I want to encourage others in the work of evangelism with it.

Adventures: bring sweaters for the gals at the beach

Two brothers and I went out to Huntington beach from about 1:00pm-5:00pm on Saturday. We past out alot of tracts and witnessed also. My friend David open air preached at the base of the peer with Ray Comfort and Scotty (from Livingwaters.com) to a crowd of about 50+. I had one little encounter I wanted to share with you of a gal I witnessed to.

I was headed over to the Starbucks near the shops along the beach and before I went inside I gave a couple of tracts to a group of college age folk. As I walked away, I noticed they all began reading them and then started laughing. My first thought was, "I hope they don't think it's a joke or something." I was hesitant to witness to them, because I was in desperate need of the Starbucks restroom facility. So I rushed into the crowded Starbucks and came to the restroom doorway to find out the terrible news... It was out of order. (Restrooms are hard to come by at other shops if your not a customer) So as I was trembling and walking out, One of the gals that I gave a tract to came rushing up to me. (She was with that college age group I recently gave tracts to)

She said, "Can I get some more of those?"

I answered with a confused look, "Ummm... sure, how many?"

She replied, "Alot."

So, I gave here half my tracts. I asked her, "Do you want to give those to your friends or something."

She was really excited and said, "Yes."

I was a bit confused... because she didn't seem like a Christian by the way she was dressed. So, as she walked out the door. I thought to myself, "Don't be a dummy, go witness to them." The open door was so obvious, so I came up to the group she was with, and right as I came over, every one had to leave but her.

So I asked, "Hey, would you mind If I asked you something if it's not to much to ask?" (my usual opening line)

She said it was okay. (She was really friendly and open)

I asked her, "What do you believe happens to somebody after death?"

She wasn't really sure about what to believe concerning the after life. So as I began to share about God's Law and His inescapable judgement to come, God began to convict her of sin, righteousness, and judgment. She began to realize, "There is no darkness, nor shadow of death, where the workers of iniquity may hide themselves." She seemed like she wanted to know how to be saved, so I shared with her the glorious light of the gospel that Jesus "bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors." ...That God poured out His holy hatred and wrath upon His own Son, becuase our sin was laid upon Him. ...That God can show mercy to sinners, because His justice and wrath has been satisfied in the death and resurrection of Jesus.

But, she didn't understand how that will save her. And this was worth filming, because she joined right in on the chorus of John 3:16 as I read it to her. But, she didn't understand it. She had not yet been convinced of her entirety of corruption and her desperate need of the mercy of God. God showed me why. "But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them." (2Co 4:3-4)

So, clearly she was in unbelief and that was why she didn't understand.

I asked her, "Sarah, Does there dwell any good thing in you? Anything? Is there something that you do that is good?"

(My reason for asking her this is to show her that there is no good thing in her heart, thus any self-righteousness she has is as filthy rags. She needs to understand that her own heart is decietful above all things and desperately wicked.)

She thought about it and said, "I love people."

What saith the Scriptures... "For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not." (Ecc 7:20) "There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God." (Rom 3:11)

So to show her the true state of her heart, I used the Light and Mirror of God's holy law to show her what truly is in the heart of Man.

She had told me previously that she had lied to her mother and had hated others, so I shared with her "If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?" (1Jn 4:20)

She had not yet come to the revelation that "...in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing..." (Rom 7:18) So, I graciously shared with her that if there is one sin that you are continuing in... Just one little sin that you still practice habitually, You could not possibly be loving God and loving your neighbor as yourself. Why?... "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all." (Jas 2:10)

If I continue in one sin, that one sin is shattering every other commandment and seeking to kill God, all at the same time. I'm actually continuing in breaking all of God’s law.

The domino effect of sin is horrific to behold in the mirror of God's law.

If I bear false witness or lie, it's the same as hatred to whom I lie. If I hate it's the same as murder to whom I hate. If I murder, it's towards and against God. If I'm selfish, I covet evil desires. If I covet, I serve another god and his name is Selfishness. If I'm selfish, I'm stealing from God affection and love that He deserves. If I'm selfish I couldn't possibly be blessing my mother. If I'm bitter, I couldn't possibly be honoring my father. If I dishonor God, I've broken the Sabbath, and I don't rest in Jesus. If I profess to know God and deny Him by my works, my belief in Him is vain, and he will not hold me guiltless if I take His name in vain. If I love the world and the things in the world, I'm a spiritual adulterer. If I'm commiting adultery against God, I have forsaken, forgotten, and hate the One whom I should love supremely.

I've professed purity, and have been found filthy. I have hated the light, and loved darkness. I have feared death, and hated the Life. I have loved the lie, and despised the Truth. The self I have loved supremely, does hate and murder toward the God who is Love unconditionally.

Tis' true we have persecuted God and sought to kill Him.
Tis’ true His Wrath is good, holy, and just.

"He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much." (Lk 16:10)

...I gently spoke to her of the way she was dressing, that God commands her to repent in every area of her life aswell as her dress. There was nothing wrong with her 2 piece bathing suit. That is, as long as she didn't wear it in public. For it's designed to stir up a man's lust and God desires "that women adorn themselves in modest apparel."

She was really friendly about the whole matter and I was praising God as she put her sweater on. She was trembling as she said, "I need to get a Bible."

I said, "You don't have one?"

She shared how she had thrown it away in anger toward God.

So I said, "Here you can have mine." At first she was hesitant but, I wanted her to know that God cares for her and is providing for her needs. So, I insisted. She was overjoyed to have a bible and wanted to read it.

I shared with her, "only the mercy of God can save you." No, work or action on our part can merit God's grace. I simply summed up that God commands her to repent, If she doesn't she'll perish, and she should simply repent because God created her for His pleasure and it's robbery to not give Him the glory due unto His name.

She had to leave, because she was going to be late for work and so we parted ways. but, I know God was doing a work of convicting her and awakening her conscience. My prayer is "Father, have mercy on me and grant Sarah repentance to the acknowledging of the truth. Remove far from her the way of lying and grant her a new heart graciously. Make all things new for thy glory. Give her a new spirit and rebuke the devil from her mind. Open her eyes. Put your fear in her heart. Save her from her sins. Reveal to her the loveliness and holiness of your Son Jesus. Reveal Thy precious mercy and redeeming blood to her. Thank you Father. Amen."

So I gave her my Bible and she has almost 100 of my gospel tracts in her purse. She left excited to read God's word. I lastly shared with her a part of this verse..."Favor is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised." (Pro 31:30)

"O give thanks unto the LORD; call upon his name: make known his deeds among the people." (Psa 105:1)

2007/11/16 23:59
awakenwithin

AZ

Re: Adventures: bring sweaters for the gals at the beach

Thank you brother for sharing this.
How wonderful.

I have a story that so much the same.
I was to meet a friend today, I have now known her for a year, I talk a little about God, but I never have shared with her. She going to have a bady in two months, so I was trying to help with different things. So I was to go over in the morning, but I got sick and didn't go until later, but I missed her. So I took the time to pray for her and baby and other things. I was upset, I could be spending time with her, but I wasn't. Then it hit me, My goal is not a good friend, but to share Christ, of course makeing friends is good, but not my end. God said, you know pray is just as powerful if she was hear and you were with her. I guess just being willing to be to whatever comes our way :) I love how things don't work out the way we hope.

Blessing Brother,
Charlene

2007/11/17 0:26Profile
Isaiah64

Thanks for sharing this brother.
God bless.

2007/11/19 21:46Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Abe,

This is so encouraging! I am so glad you shared this with us!

Have you heard from this girl since this encounter?

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2007/11/24 10:41Profile
lastblast

Michigan

Abe,

What an awesome story!!! So many get wrapped up in NUMBERS, yet we find in scripture the parable of the 1 lost sheep. Bless you for reaching that one lost sheep with God's love/truth.......and bless you for sharing that with us. Each life we touch for His sake IS important. :-)

2007/11/24 11:57Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy