SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Tithing-In the New Testament Church

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

A true christian pays tithe regularly, if you are not paying you are not true to God .

2007/11/17 0:32

Re:

Quote:
A true christian pays tithe regularly, if you are not paying you are not true to God .

See... this is what I was getting at the other day. According to chandras, if you dont tithe you're not saved.

Where is the scripture to back this up?

Here's some scripture about what makes a true Christian:

Matthew 9:22 But turning and seeing her, Jesus said, Daughter, be comforted; your faith has saved you. And the woman was saved from that hour.

...nuthin 'bout tithin' there.

Luke 7:50 And He said to the woman, Your faith has saved you, go in peace.

Luke 8:48 And He said to her, Daughter, be comforted. Your faith has saved you; go in peace.

John 10:9 I am the door. If anyone enters in by Me, he shall be saved and shall go in and out and find pasture.

Salvation is not based on whether we tithe, or whether we believe in tithing... or what version of the Bible we read... or whether we listen to Christian rock... or whatever! Salvation come from God thru faith in His Son Jesus. [b]PERIOD[/b].

To add anything to it is to add to the Word of God, and when you do that you put yourself under a curse.

Now... pro-tithers LOVE to use this verse:

Luke 11:42 But woe to you, Pharisees! For you tithe mint and rue and every herb, and pass over judgment and the love of God. You ought to have done these, and not to leave the other undone.

Jesus was speaking to the religious leaders. What people fail to consider is that He was speaking to men who were under the Mosaic Law. Jesus' death, burial and resurrection had not happened yet... therefore the Law had not been fullfilled yet... so of course He commended them for tithing! They had to in order to be in right relationship with God.

So... if you feel that a real Christian tithes, then you must accept the rest of the Law as well, and live by it. You need to keep all the dietary laws, all the sacrifices, you must worship God in Jerusalem... etc etc in order to be a "true" Christian.

I do not believe in tithing for the NT church. It's never taught. Not once. Never.

What IS taught is Christian giving... and the example we have is the NT church where they gave all and shared everything. See... actually, more than tithing is expected... of the "true" Christian. But it isnt what makes one a "true" Christian.

Faith in Jesus Christ is what makes one a "true" Christian.

Krispy

2007/11/17 6:45

Re:

Quote:
5. God appointed Jesus to receive Tithe.

Chandras... forgive me... but I need to ask this important question in reference to this statement you made... here it is:

HUH???

Where is this in scripture?

Krispy

2007/11/17 6:47
reformer

Re:

Quote:

chandras wrote:

People base their faith on what they do. Do we think God needs are money? I do believe God wants us to give, but I think that american churches have miss lead the congregations.

2007/11/17 9:08Profile

Re:

If you tithe to a church and you do not know where that money is going than you are not being a good steward of your money and you are just as guilty as they are. If you gave and they misused it shame on them. If you give again knowing they will misuse it shame on us. If you think there is nothing wrong with spending the churches money on a $23,000 toilet than you need to examine yourself.

2007/11/17 9:28
TimmyJoe

Panama City, FL

Re: Tithing-In the New Testament Church

Quote:
But, if we-the Church-New Testament believers-are NOT under the Law of Moses-but are under grace, and of the Spirit of the Living God; then why do we Tithe in the New Testament?

If they tithed 10% under the law, how much more should we tithe under grace?

Why is tithing such a big issue? Do you not agree with the ministry of your church? If not find another church to pay tithe at. Do you not know what the church is doing with the money? Ask them. What is truly the motivation for folks not wanting to tithe?

Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that [there shall] not [be room] enough [to receive it]. Mal 3:10

Can we take God at his word? Pay tithe to his house and he will bless your house. Tithing is nothing more than another way to worship the good Lord, and I am thankful for all the ways we have to worship this great God.

With Love -Timmyjoe

2007/11/17 14:18Profile

Re:

If Jesus Christ does not own 100% of your money, dreams, time and life you are not his disciple. Giving a 10th of your money and a 7th of your time to Jesus is insulting.

Tithing is easy though, I did it as a false convert for a long time. To quote a friend "all those greedy people tithing with the little cash register in their minds going cha-ching.. I'll get more back in return."

Giving 100% of your entire life expecting nothing back other then for God to be glorified is another story. Now if you feel led to give 10% to your local body, God bless you, do not do it under "law" or compulsion though.

In Christ - Jim

2007/11/17 15:32

Re:

Brother Jim... amen. Well said.

Krispy

2007/11/18 7:19
nowhr2hide

Australia

Re:

Quote:

jimdied2sin wrote:

Giving 100% of your entire life expecting nothing back other then for God to be glorified is another story. Now if you feel led to give 10% to your local body, God bless you, do not do it under "law" or compulsion though.

In Christ - Jim

i'll say amen to your qoute.

2007/11/18 7:48Profile
reformer

Re:

Here is a link to a website I stumbled onto, he wrote a long synopsis of tithing. It's a interesting read.

http://www.bible-truths.com/tithing.html

2007/11/18 9:12Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy