SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Joyce Meyer's $23,000 Toilet:A Symbol Of The Prosperity Gospel

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
glorytoglory... my last post was meant as humor.

So I guess joy and laughter is in my heart this morning. Thats a good thing, I suppose. :-)

Krispy

Maybe he was being serious! :-P

If I don't quit now this could develop into a case of some serious toilet humor. :-D

2007/11/16 9:06Profile

Re:

... dont be a potty mouth.

:-P

We have a 2 yr old we're trying to potty train. I bet over the course of 4 boy's we've spent $2300 on diapers. So maybe a $2300 toilet isnt so far out there after all, huh?

I remember with our first son my wife was on the "all natural" kick... i.e. clothe diapers. Oh boy... what fun that was. Then boy #2 was born, and we bought stock in the Kimberly-Clark Company!!

...how did I get here? Anyway... Joyce Meyer.

Krispy

2007/11/16 9:17
ZekeO

Re:

Quote:
Beware of these people brother. Check out some of the links I posted earlier in this thread.

AAh, I've been reading here for the last four years, had plenty of heated discussions about ministers for three years, so there really is nothing you could possibly tell me that I haven't heard before.

Through discussions on these topics allot of my views have changed and I do mark 'these people' with a certain amount of caution and spit out the bad and keep the good. However, as regards to Msr Meyer I know people who have been blessed by her ministry. I just keep a real close eye on them.:-P

Also to add, it would be interesting to actually find out what these people teach as in hard facts and to have a look at them. Not random quotes that may be taken out of context but theological positions that they hold.

I remember reading a website that 'exposed' Ken Copeland, there were allot of quotes that were taken from sermons to show that he indeed was a deceiver. I have always wondered though, what was the context of what he was talking about.

Just in case your wondering, I do not follow Joyce Meyer either, but do respect someones right to follow her. In fact I'll pretty much fight for that right. I do however, find it an abomination that a minister of Jesus can tell someone that the reason they are sick is because they haven't given to his ministry. That is sick and God will ask them some tough questions when they give an account for their stewardship of his gifting.

2007/11/16 9:23Profile
ZekeO

Re:

Quote:

So maybe a $2300 toilet isnt so far out there after all, huh?

What, are you saying she wears diapers? :lol:

2007/11/16 9:25Profile
ZekeO

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
... dont be a potty mouth.

IS that what GlorytoGod was talking about? 8-)

oops, I'm leaving, this has got out of hand. :-P

2007/11/16 9:27Profile
davym

Re:

17For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

1 Cor 1 v17

I would suggest that Joyce Meyer's ministry renders the cross of Christ of none effect. Her ministry appeals to the flesh i.e. the Adamic nature. Christ put the flesh to death at Calvary. That means it no longer has any standing with God. None! Zero! Gone forever!

We as born again believers are new creations in Christ. All we want deep in our hearts is to know and love Christ more and more, but our flesh nature holds us back. It's crucified, but we die to it daily and we'll take it to the grave with us. But think of the day when we meet the Lord in heaven and our flesh nature is gone and we can worship and love the Lord unhindered!!!!!

Now that is far better than Joyce Meyer and co's prosperity gospel and the devil knows it.

Preach the Cross brothers and sisters. It's the power of God unto salvation!

I always try and picture Paul preaching at Corinth. He didn't fly in on his private jet, he didn't speak with wisdom of words (and he certainly didn't have a $23,000 toilet seat), but he was God's man! and one man with God is a great majority!

God bless.

2007/11/16 12:01Profile

Re:

Quote:

davym wrote:
but he was God's man! and one man with God is a great majority!

God bless.

I like that! :-)

2007/11/16 12:06

Re:

The very scriptures prosperity preachers use to rob God is against them. In Malachi 3 God says they were robbers and it looks so holy when they preach on Malachi 3 and ask for the tythe but they are tything to themselves.

In verses 16-18 There is a blessing on those who not only do not participate in this theivery but recognize it as such. It also says that they were constantly speaking to one another (fellowshipping) and not participating. Talking about righteousness and holiness. God in turn gave them discernment and in v.18 He says that they will be able to discern between the wicked and the righteous because God is going to give them this discernment.

Malachi 3
1Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the LORD, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.

2But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:

3And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness.

4Then shall the offering of Judah and Jerusalem be pleasant unto the LORD, as in the days of old, and as in former years.

5And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the LORD of hosts.

6For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

7Even from the days of your fathers ye are gone away from mine ordinances, and have not kept them. Return unto me, and I will return unto you, saith the LORD of hosts. But ye said, Wherein shall we return?

8Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.

9Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.

10Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

11And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts.

12And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the LORD of hosts.

13Your words have been stout against me, saith the LORD. Yet ye say, What have we spoken so much against thee?

14Ye have said, It is vain to serve God: and what profit is it that we have kept his ordinance, and that we have walked mournfully before the LORD of hosts?

15And now we call the proud happy; yea, they that work wickedness are set up; yea, they that tempt God are even delivered.

[color=660033]THE PEOPLE WERE MOURNING BECAUSE OF THESE ROBBERS AND IT LOOKED AS THOUGH THEY WERE ALL SET UP AND GETTING AWAY WITH IT IN V15 BUT THEN LOOK WHAT GOD SAYS TO THEM:[/color]

[color=0000FF]16Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name. [/color]

[color=0000FF]17And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him. [/color]

[color=0000FF]18Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not.[/color]

[color=660033]God is going to have a special book of rememberance for those who feared the Lord during this time and thought upon His name.The scriptures say that they spoke OFTEN about God to one another during this time of robbery.[/color]

2007/11/16 13:42

Re:

16Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.

God is going to have a special book of rememberance for those who feared the Lord during this time and thought upon His name.The scriptures say that they spoke OFTEN about God to one another during this time of robbery.

2007/11/16 15:28

Re:

The basic premise of WOF is wrong... they claim promises that God made to Israel. He didnt make promises to us of earthly wealth as Christians. Thats why we live under whats called a NEW COVENANT.

We, as believers in Jesus, can not rifle thru the OT and begin to claim promises made under the Old Covenant.

Really, what it boils down to is the twisted heresy of Replacement Theology. God has not replaced the nation of Israel with the NT Church. Israel is still in His plan, and He is still dealing with Israel... He hasnt written them off. That should be obvious by the very fact that they are in existence today. They are the only nation in the history of the world to cease to exist... and then come back into existence 2,000 years later.

Of course God said this would happen in His Word, so we shouldnt surprised. But it is quite remarkable.

So... basically... WOF is based on a wrong understanding of the difference between God's old covenant and His new covenant.

And it's based on greed, pride, lust and power too.... and throw in a little tax evasion for good measure.

Krispy

2007/11/16 15:47

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy