SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Joyce Meyer's $23,000 Toilet:A Symbol Of The Prosperity Gospel

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
MikeH

Re:

Intens4Him quoted this

Quote:
I’ve been praying about all the uncomfortable shaking that is taking place in the church today—from the embarrassing moral failures to the cavalier ministry divorces to the ORU scandal—and I sense that God is the one who is orchestrating these events.

Who else!

MikeH

2007/11/16 1:59Profile
Lkid

Re:

by glorytoglory on 2007/11/15 19:12:50

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

chandras wrote:
Gen 24:35 And the LORD hath blessed my master greatly; and he is become
great: and he hath given him flocks, and herds, and silver, and gold,
and menservants, and maidservants, and camels, and asses.
Gen 13:6 And the land was not able to bear them, that they might dwell
together: for their substance was great, so that they could not dwell
together.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the old covenant.

I don't get your point. Abraham is the father of faith. What does it mattter about being the old covenant

2007/11/16 2:12Profile

Re:

[color=996600][b]1Ti 6:5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

1Ti 6:6 But godliness with contentment is great gain.
1Ti 6:7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
1Ti 6:8 [u]And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.[/u]
1Ti 6:9 But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.
1Ti 6:10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

Today in my email - someone sent pictures of children from other nations with no cloths and they were mere skeletons with just a small amount of skin over them.

Luk 6:24 But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation.

It's time to come out of the Cast System !

Mat 25:41 Then shall He say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Mat 25:42 For I was hungry, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

Mat 25:43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

Mat 25:44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee hungry, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

Mat 25:45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

Mat 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal. [/b][/color]

edit:connecting verses.

2007/11/16 2:40

Re:

Quote:

Lkid wrote:
by glorytoglory on 2007/11/15 19:12:50

Quote:

chandras wrote:
Gen 24:35 And the LORD hath blessed my master greatly; and he is become
great: and he hath given him flocks, and herds, and silver, and gold,
and menservants, and maidservants, and camels, and asses.
Gen 13:6 And the land was not able to bear them, that they might dwell
together: for their substance was great, so that they could not dwell
together.

This is the old covenant.

I don't get your point. Abraham is the father of faith. What does it mattter about being the old covenant

Old Covenant:

Malachi 3:12
12And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the LORD of hosts.

God blessed the land as a testimony to the nations.

New Covenant:

Now we are God’s land:
1 Corinthians 3:9
For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

Hebrews 10:16
This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

Abraham did not seek after riches, God blessed him as a testimony. Not only for a testimony but God was giving the land to his people and that is why Abraham was rich. Abraham was to take possession of the land and it was by God making him rich and giving him all of these things. God also multiplied his seed. Through Abraham’s faith God made himself a people and gave these people a land through the faith of this man. Israel was blessed and still is in some ways because of the FAITH of Abraham and so are we. We have been saved by grace through faith in our Lord Jesus Christ and we are grafted in. This is our inheritance, our salvation through the precious blood of Christ Jesus by faith, the same faith as Abraham. We are not to seek after the riches of Abraham.

2007/11/16 8:11

Re:

Maybe Joyce has sensitive skin... ever consider that?

Krispy

2007/11/16 8:25

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
Maybe Joyce has sensitive skin... ever consider that?

Krispy

Luke 6:45
A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

2007/11/16 8:33

Re:

Quote:

The rich man went to hell people...

If that be the case for rich men, all Americans from the poorest to the richest, will all go to hell.

I agree, outside of another great awakening, the vast majority of professing Christians in America will go to hell. As Goerge Whitfield said in his classic, [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/articles/index.php?view=article&aid=1010]The Almost Christian[/url] the love of money is one of the greatest reasons people remain almost saved. We need to allow the Lord to continually shine a bright light on our hearts (those of us raised in North America) and make adjustments to our use of unrightouss mammon.

Quote:
Whether or not she sits on $23 000 throne should make no difference to me. If its something that she feels God wants her to have then leave her alone. But if they believe contrary respect them enough to walk away.

I will choose to mark and avoid these blatant ministers of the darkness and to warn others about them as Paul did. They bring shame and disgrace and open reproach to the name of Jesus. These false teachers have done great harm to me and many I love. Jesus Christ has set me free their bondage and deception and I will shout it from the rooftops if I am called to!

Beware of these people brother. Check out some of the links I posted earlier in this thread.

BTW - A great thread to help us remember how good we have it in America and how much more is required of us can be seen here. May we have open ears as the Lord continues to teach all of us how to love our neighbor as ourself.

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=20610&forum=35&0]https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=20610&forum=35&0[/url]

In Christ - Jim

2007/11/16 8:36

Re:

glorytoglory... my last post was meant as humor.

So I guess joy and laughter is in my heart this morning. Thats a good thing, I suppose. :-)

Krispy

2007/11/16 8:38

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
glorytoglory... my last post was meant as humor.

So I guess joy and laughter is in my heart this morning. Thats a good thing, I suppose. :-)

Krispy

I am guilty of that in the past as well. I used to laugh because it's either that or cry but the Lord has convicted me of this. Sorry to come off so abruptly.

2007/11/16 8:56

Re:

Make no mistake about it... I do not support Joyce Meyer in the slightest.

Krispy

2007/11/16 9:01

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy