SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Joyce Meyer's $23,000 Toilet:A Symbol Of The Prosperity Gospel

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

III John 1:2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in
health, even as thy soul prospereth.

2007/11/15 22:25

Re:

Quote:

chandras wrote:
III John 1:2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in
health, even as thy soul prospereth.

Psalm 73:13
12Behold, these are the ungodly, who prosper in the world; they increase in riches.

2007/11/15 22:28

Re:

Quote:

chandras, I am wondering where you are from?

2007/11/15 22:29

Re:

Why asking?

2007/11/15 22:38

Re:

II Cor 8:9 For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he
was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his
poverty might be rich.

2007/11/15 22:46

Re:

Quote:
Why asking?

Because modern American Christianty (or mystery babylon the great whore as the Bible seems to call it) is making the world drunk with the wine of her fornications such as the propserity gospel.

I am just curios where you live to see how far it has traveled. I do not mean this to insult you in any way. Hey, check out this 15 or so minute compilation called escaping the theology of Babylon and let me know what you think.

[url=http://www.freecdtracts.com/comps/carter_conlin_vs_joyce_meyer.mp3]http://www.freecdtracts.com/comps/carter_conlin_vs_joyce_meyer.mp3[/url]

In Christ - Jim

2007/11/15 22:47

Re:

Quote:

chandras wrote:
II Cor 8:9 For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he
was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his
poverty might be rich.

Are you saying He shed his blood so that I could have a gold toilet seat? :-(

Can you not post so many threads at once and give others a chance to respond to all your posting? Thanks.:-)

2007/11/15 22:53

Re:

Intens4Him said

My favorite David Wilkerson quote (from one of those compilations) as best I can remember...

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rich man went to hell people
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If that be the case for rich men, all Americans from the poorest to the richest, will all go to hell.

2007/11/16 0:12
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

just a thought...

Greetings in JEsus' Name by WHose Blood we are Saved.AMEN.

well if the symbol of the prosperity gospel is a $23,000 commode, we know what it's full of don't we?

Grace and Peace are ours in Jesus.AMEN.

2007/11/16 0:47Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re: just a thought...

Morning friends,

Joyce Meyer and the rest of the gang will give an account for their life and their teaching.

Whether or not she sits on $23 000 throne should make no difference to me. If its something that she feels God wants her to have then leave her alone. If I think that she is stealing my money, then don't give it. If I think that people who follow her are deceived, then tell them. But if they believe contrary respect them enough to walk away. As has been said before they would have it this way. They have made the choice to follow her and thats their decision. Much the same as someone who has committed their lives to following another religion.

Did she stand up in front of the congregation and state this as a 'sign' of gods blessing?
If not, who stands to gain the most from telling the world something that would otherwise be private? All this reporting does is inflame the 'I told you sos' and justify a lot of folks negative perceptions and attitudes. Rightly so, but do I need this in my day! No, not at all. Do I need to read on this forum for the umpteenth time about what these people get up to.

Just a side note knowone as far as I can see has ever posted about what Washer and the other heroes here do. I mean not just there latest preaching date or there opinions on other ministers but their life. But, what do these guys do. This is a sad indictment on the state of the church that bad news sells like it does in the world. If the Washerites have something to post about how he helped the poor please do, or how Wilkinson helps the prostitutes in Times Square post it up. Lets read good news about our leaders and raise above the worldly garbage of bad news being the only thing that interests people.

The danger is friends is that as bad news in the world keeps peoples minds numb to the own personal accountability and makes them feel better about there situation so it does the church.

Unfortunately, man does look at the man, and Paul did say follow me as I follow Christ, so there is an example that needs to be set by leaders,preachers of these ministries. Our responses to such reporting is a good indicator of where our theology sits. Christians are blessed, but that is not the whole message, Christians do suffer, but thats not the whole message.

So, where to, let God be God, and let him do as he sees fit in every persons life. Think about it this way, to trust God and live for eternity when you have nothing, is easy, after all what else do you have. But to do the same when you have everything is probably the hardest of all. God knows our hearts, he knows what is the best way for me and when He has tried me I will come forth as Gold. This quote is from Job and his life is a good example of what exactly God is after.

Its not whether your rich or poor, its our view of him and who he is that is the most important to him.

I know that this is a bit of a digression as to the original post but we need to keep these things in mind when passing judgment rightly or wrongly in such matters.

2007/11/16 1:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy