SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Detrimentally Defined: The self inflicted pain of detailing one's hardship.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
HIServant

Detrimentally Defined: The self inflicted pain of detailing one's hardship.

Devotional: My wonderful sister in the LORD has taught me this lesson well over the last few days. Through her pains, yet she focuses on what HE IS doing that’s blessed and not giving excess details of her hardships. What encouragement to me! But if I were to ask about someone else’s pains, it is far more likely they will give me greater detail than if I asked about their blessings. Why? Pain is a far greater motivator than Pleasure. What happens then? As Christians, we fall victim by choice…to identifying, categorizing, labeling and archiving the extent, color, depth, length and all other symptoms of our suffering. Then we tell others of our “efforts” which are witnessed as one goes on an on…without sharing the good that GOD always and daily provides. Hence! Do not waste cycles of Time on defining the hardship! That only solidifies it in your mind and casts doubt that CHRIST can really do anything about it! Rather! WELL DEFINE the greatness of HIS countless blessings and you shall find both peace and rest in the process! Amen and amen!

Detrimentally Defined

In one hand, our trials confront us
In the other, HE holds us together.
On one hand, we count every pain.
On the other, we witness HIS blessings.
A tale of contrasts, most certain…
yet does Lack seem most often defined
as though by describing each nuance
we can – greater – endure any testing.

Though Identity’s face lessens Worry,
yet Suffering is no less a force!
How strange then such negative focus
should bring Comfort’s hand of relief!
Yet countless occasions betray us…
for we chose to believe in this lie.
‘Tis Folly! Beloved! Far past “pointless”…
still openly share we…such speech.

As HIS servant in your service,
W.V.W. Jasnoch
11/15/07

2007/11/15 18:28Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy