Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Food For Thought

From one of our sister's ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[b]Are We Profaning His Holy Name?[/b]

This was characteristic of the people of God whenever they forgot whose they were and whom they served. Under the searchlight of God we realize that God's holy Name is profaned when we put before people what God's grace has wrought in us instead of God Himself. Whenever we go into work for God from any standpoint saving that of the dominance of God, we begin to patronize at once; unless we go as the bondservants of Jesus Christ we have no business to go at all. Jesus Christ became the towel-girt Servant of His own disciples. Never deal with people from the superior person's standpoint, God never blesses that; deal only by steadily presenting the Lord Jesus Christ. The characteristic of the holiness which is the outcome of the indwelling of God is a blazing truthfulness with regard to God's word, and an amazing tenderness in personal dealing.

-Oswald Chambers, Still Higher for His Highest, November 14th.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[b]An Address To the Clergy by William Law[/b]

http://www.ccel.org/ccel/law/address/files/addr01.htm

[Addr-1] The reason of my humbly and affectionately addressing this discourse to the clergy, is not because it treats of things not of common concern to all Christians, but chiefly to invite and induce them, as far as I can, to the serious perusal of it; and because whatever is essential to Christian salvation, if either neglected, overlooked, or mistaken by them, is of the saddest consequence both to themselves and the churches in which they minister. I say essential to salvation, for I would not turn my own thoughts, or call the attention of Christians, to anything but the one thing needful, the one thing essential and only available to our rising out of our fallen state, and becoming, as we were at our creation, an holy offspring of God, and real partakers of the divine nature.

[Addr-2] If it be asked, What this one thing is? It is the SPIRIT OF GOD brought again to his FIRST POWER OF LIFE IN US. Nothing else is wanted by us, nothing else intended for us, by the Law, the prophets, and the gospel. Nothing else is, or can be effectual, to the making sinful man become again a godly creature.

[Addr-3] Everything else, be it what it will, however glorious and divine in outward appearance, everything that angels, men, churches, or reformations, can do for us, is dead and helpless, [except] so far as it is the immediate work of the Spirit of God breathing and living in it.

"I cared for 'truth' more than I cared for people, and I did not even notice that I was often using Truth as a sword to crush people with, rather than set them free." - [i]Andrew Strom, page 101 of 'Why I Left the Prophetic Movement[/i]'

"If you love your 'Truths' more than you love people, then you are an out and out Pharisde. Nothing less. And you will create condemnation and death in people, rather then conviction and life.

"But if you can get broken enough to truly love people - and value them more than anything in this earth - and then speak Truth to them out of that place of love - then you will become greatly effective. It is all about becoming broken and learning to love others from the heart. If you ask Him to, God will do "whatever it takes" to get you to that place." - [i]Andrew Strom, page 102[/i]

What effect will these words or actions of mine have on the Body of Christ? Do I consider this in conversation, am I careful and mindful of my brethren and whether or not this will build up or edify? Is this not loving one another? In exhibiting such love and concern in presenting truth and sharing the burdens on our hearts? Do we esteem others more highly than ourselves? How great is our love?

"Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

13Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.

14And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.

15And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.

16Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

17And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him. "

Colossians 3:12-17

Are we living in obedience to those words?

If God places something on my heart or gives me insight that I feel compelled to share with others, do I first evaluate it in light of Scripture, to ensure, firstly, it is truth and is in line with all other Scriptures and not my own imaginations? Secondly, will the effects of sharing it having a God-glorifying effect on the Body of Christ?

There may be truth to share, but will it violate any other command in Scripture to share it? Will it stir up strife?

"...And be at peace among yourselves." 1 Thess. 5:13b

"And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

With the adversary being so keen on bringing disunity to believers (which is a blatant attack on God's will for us to be one with Him - John 17:21) and getting our focus off of Christ, ought we not to be so very careful not to become a tool in his hands?

"You must be on fire, but if you're not in line with all Scriptures, you will do more damge. A man that is not balanced and not in line with all of Scriptures is the greatest weapon satan has at his disposal. Soak yourself in this Book on every doctrine before you start telling men they're in sin [given in the context of addressing those who say if you're sick, you're in sin]." - [i]Keith Daniel[/i]

2007/11/15 16:30Profile

Re: Food For Thought

Lev 19:18 Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.
James 2:8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:
John 15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
1 John 2:9 He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.
1 John 2:10 He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.
1 John 2:11 But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.

2007/11/15 22:12
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Food For Thought

[b]The Difference Between The Voice of God and the Voice of Satan[/b]

1. [i]The voice of Satan is always loud, strong, and clamorous. But the voice of God is always quiet and persuasive[/i].

2. [i]The voice of Satan never deals with specifics, but is often dealing with generalities. The voice of God is always to the point, and specific. God is not a God of confusion[/i].

3. [i]The voice of Satan is often demanding and always trying to get an immediate decision. The voice of God is always leading. Time is always a great asset to know the voice of God[/i].

4. [i]The voice of Satan perplexes, creates turmoil, and mixes up. But the voice of God is always clear and distinctive[/i].

5. [i]The voice of Satan is never marked by a restful spirit. The voice of God gives us a great rest of certainty[/i].

6. [i]The voice of Satan is always afraid of the light of God and will draw back from it. But the voice of God is always open, and willing for counsel or question[/i].

7. [i]The voice of Satan brings depression and discouragement. But the voice of God brings great encouragement to the Christian[/i].

8. [i]The voice of Satan appeals to the lower instincts and he suggests "I WANT". But the voice of God appeals to the higher instincts and suggests "I OUGHT"[/i].

9. [i]The voice of Satan disappears if the Christian refuses to listen to it. But voice of God grows strong and deeper[/i].

(Original Author Unknown)

2007/11/16 0:07Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: choosing to contend to the division of the body

Brother, I hope it will be alright to add this here, as a sort of reminder...

What is heresy?

Look at these carefully brothers...

G139
αἵρεσις
hairesis
hah'ee-res-is
From G138; properly a choice, that is, (specifically) a party or (abstractly) disunion. (“heresy” is the Greek word itself.): - heresy [which is the Greekord itself], sect.

a choice

a party or (abstractly) disunion

A choice.

2007/11/16 0:21Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Brothers, look at this verse carefully

"If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which [i]temple[/i] ye are."

- 1Corinthians 3:17(KJV)

We are the Temple.

2007/11/16 0:35Profile

Re: thoughts...

"Do pray for our real union in heart; I think it is very difficult for some to realize our union in life and soul, amidst such differences of disposition."
[i]~William Johnson (missionary to West Africa in the 1800's)[/i]

"Expectations destroy [human] relationships."
[i]~Anonymous[/i]

"My soul, wait thou [b]only[/b] upon God; for my [b]expectation is from him[/b]." Psalm 62:5

"And now, Lord, what wait I for? [b]my hope is in thee[/b]." Ps 39:7

"We have all eternity to tell of the victories won for Christ, but we only have [b]a few hours[/b] before sunset to win them."
[i]Anonymous

Are the battles we are fighting for right now going to bring forth victories worth telling of in eternity?[/i]

2007/11/17 14:54

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy